Saturday, March 7, 2020

Who are my favorite & least favorite Robot Masters? (Classic Mega Man series)

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I figured since I been a Mega Man fan for a few years. Also because I wanted to give more of an idea how I personally view the franchise. Why not point out my favorite Robot Masters as well as my least favorites in most classic Mega Man games. I still haven't got to play Mega Man 11.

I promise when I do, I will consider a quick follow up blog to placing my favorite & least favorite Robot Masters from that game. Yes, Mega Man X's Mavericks will also be getting the same treatment. I love testing myself especially when it's been awhile since I done so. Now clearly there's way too many Robot Masters to fully cover them all in one long blog entry.

Considering there are several related stuff to Classic Mega Man series. I am only pulling the Robot Masters from the games they debut in. Also the additional bosses that technically counts as them won't be considered here for fairness reasons. Otherwise, it just wouldn't be a challenge to me making this.

To save some time, I will only explain the questionable picks. Like I said before, you can see the ones I do and don't like without me saying anything. But there are a few select Robot Masters I do need to explain. Now once again, all of this is strictly my opinion alone. I am only speaking my truth period don't take any of this personally.

Mega Man 1

Favorite: Guts Man


Least Favorite: Elec Man


Elec Man does a lot of damage with tricky to avoid attacks. I get why they used a even shorter variation of the word electricity. Clearly, his stage was very electric lol. But it still doesn't change the fact, he still came off as a cheap boss fight. I will say he still had a great weapon. I just felt out of the original six or in Powered Up version's case eight Robot Masters, he just wasn't that great.

Mega Man 2

Favorite: Metal Man

For most Mega Man fans, it's absolutely no surprise Metal Man is my favorite here. He has the best of everything in every category. Even with his very weapon being his greatest weakness. Honestly, his ability ends up being one of the very best this franchise has to offer. I swear this guy is so well designed that I don't think many Robot Masters could rival him.

Least Favorite: Quick Man


Mega Man 3

Favorite: Magnet Man


Least Favorite: Gemini Man


Mega Man 4

Favorite: Skull Man


I know some of you were probably expecting Pharaoh Man to be here. I will be honest, those very close to me knows I do have a thing for skulls. Skull Man may be similar to a few previous Robot Masters. Yet he comes off being the scariest using his powers. His very appearance alone earned a spot among on my favorites.

Least Favorite: Toad Man


Mega Man 5

Favorite: Napalm Man


Least Favorite: Charge Man


Charge Man is well a humanoid train character. Don't we already have Thomas the Tank Engine? Also this is strict period to jump out of the way or you'll take a lot of damage. He doesn't have much variety in his attacks either. Well I won't be choosing him for a future Mega Man title. Obviously, the very concept was silly to begin with.

Mega Man 6

Favorite: Blizzard Man


I will be honest, I wasn't sure at first which Robot Masters was my favorite. Then I kept going back to Blizzard Man. I know parts of his appearance comes off being somewhat silly I get it. To me, more aspects with him works better than most Robot Masters in Mega Man 6. Now you can argue that if you wish but I do enjoy facing Blizzard Man.

Least Favorite: Centaur Man


Mega Man 7

Favorite: Slash Man


Least Favorite: Spring Man


I had a difficult time deciding which Robot Master was my least favorite. I quickly realized how much I don't like Spring Man. Just look at him already how did this pass the final concepts of a video game? He makes other worse looking Robot Masters like Ring Man look like master pieces. No that wasn't a good thing either because even his stage does not work.

Mega Man 8

Favorite: Frost Man


Least Favorite: Astro Man


Astro Man has some great reasons why he quickly became my least favorite. He wasn't too different from a few Robot Masters. His actual stage from Mega Man 8 even with a guide could be one frustrating experience. Honestly, nothing works at all with this guy. Astro Man simply needed a lot more done before the final game.

Mega Man 9

Favorite: Galaxy Man


Least Favorite: Hornet Man


Nothing personal about Hornet Man, I simply do not like bees period. Surprisingly, I did like Blast Hornet from Mega Man X3. Parts of his actual appearance comes more off like a honey comb not like the cereal. Treat me his boss fight isn't favorable either. His ability is somewhat helpful but more likely to be wasted.

Mega Man 10

Favorite: Blade Man


Here's an interesting way of viewing Blade Man. He is what Sword Man from Mega Man 8 should've been. His moves are more of what I expected Sword Man to do but ultimately doesn't. Also, Blade Man better at using swords in comparison. His very appearance alone was enough to have him among my favorites.

Least Favorite: Sheep Man

No comments:

Post a Comment