Monday, March 30, 2020

Jack Red reviews Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled

As of recently including both secret characters. There are fifty six characters overall you can play as. Yes I know a lot of them are alternate versions. This is hands down the greatest kart racing game I played since Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. If you want to get back into Crash after so many years like me, you need to play this.

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I found out sometime after getting my big PS4 purchase of the year for Christmas. I was very surprised to know Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled won Best Racing Game of the Year award. Yeah a remastered of a classic PS1 game won is kinda mind blowing. The real question is does it hold up by today's standards?



Crash Team Racing was originally a PlayStation 1 game. A short story is Naughty Dog originally signed a contract with Universal to make three Crash Bandicoot games. However despite being upset with Universal, they wanted to make one more Crash game before hitting the road. Thus, Crash Team Racing was the final Naughty Dog game in the franchise.

I actually found out, shortly after Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. A lot of Crash fans kept emailing the company Activision about if this game was getting a remastered. Clearly, I'm here to talk about that particular version. But just in case anyone asks I did own the original PS1 game more recently. My first true exposure to this game was the same friend who got me into Crash 3.

He once came over my house to play Crash Team Racing. Despite, the often Mario Kart clone label a lot of similar racing games gets. I strongly believe in it's defense, it is by no means a Mario Kart rip off. For starters, like Diddy Kong Racing, it had a story mode. Funny enough, I also grew up with that game.

Crash Team Racing allows you to play as a couple characters. The newer version added so many of them. We don't even know when they will stop honestly. It is over forty characters I am not kidding. There's plenty of modes to play to keep you busy. I actually don't have many real problems with the game.

One of the select few issues I had was over if you lose connection at any point during a race. You no longer get Wumpa Coins. Now you need these to buy stuff including a lot of characters. During the weekends, the increase for these goes up to double the amount. Personally, I do like they do that. This is honestly one of the most addicting racing games I ever played in my entire life.

There's so many tracks including a lot from Crash Nitro Kart with some bonus tracks too. Speaking of that, they also added a few Spyro things into the game. I know it's kinda mind blowing we have a racing game with both Crash & Spyro. Yet this actually wasn't the first Crash racing game to have Spyro.

They also took a note from Spyro Reignited Trilogy with the soundtracks. Yes you can switch between both versions. Exclusive to PS4 version is three characters has a retro style look, a retro cart & one of the levels done in retro style. I also liked you can use characters with stuff with increase earning of Wumpa Coins too.

I do need to say there are no longer Grand Prix events. But they are still adding content to the game. There's now two secret characters with the newer one being well a crate lol. You get so much variety in every possible way that I don't think many racing games could compete with this. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is truly mind blowing in every possible way.

This is a very high recommendation. There's plenty of everything to keep you and your friends playing for hours. You got a lot of modes with over forty tracks. This game is like a love letter to the fans. Although done differently than Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, this is bringing everything you love about Crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment