Monday, March 2, 2020

Jack Red reviews Metal Slug 4-6

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I recently gotten Metal Slug Anthology on PS4. Yes this is virtually the PS2 version being played off an PS4 console. They made a few changes otherwise it wouldn't be much different from the original version. I figured since I'm giving the game compilation it's own review.

Why not review Metal Slug 4-6 since I haven't play those prior to playing Metal Slug Anthology. I got to be honest, I'm very excited to be doing these reviews. Metal Slug is hands down my favorite SNK franchise, I'm not into their work truthfully. So I am going to do what I do best for those who read my work.

Metal Slug 4 (2002)
Metal Slug 5 (2003)
Metal Slug 6 (2007)


Metal Slug 4-6 is essentially similar to the previous entries. You get a lot of similar stuff with some surprises. Metal Slug 4 had an mad scientist as a final boss. I swear this reminds me of Dr. Robotnik or Dr. Wily in their respective franchises. Metal Slug 5 had a giant flying demon creature as the final boss.

Metal Slug 6 had a Contra style final boss fight. All three of these Metal Slug games are action packed from start to finish. Metal Slug 6 has six playable characters while the other two Metal Slug games had four playable characters. Metal Slug 4 introduced dual machine guns. Oddly also introduced into being transform to a monkey I'm not kidding.

Metal Slug 6 has an easy & hard mode. Easy mode is similar to what you're use to. But it replaces your standard gun with an heavy machine gun as your default weapon. Also, you aren't able to play the final stage. Hard mode does give access to the final stage. Another major difference is after using up an continue.

In Easy mode, you'll get grenades instead of heavy machine gun like in Hard mode or most Metal Slug games. I do need to point out, Metal Slug 6 was originally brought to the United States through Metal Slug Anthology. In fact, that port of Metal Slug 6 is actually the arcade version. Unlike most Metal Slug games included that were directly taken from Neo Geo.

Yes there's new slugs added for more fun. You can expect a ridiculous amount of enemies as well as explosions. Honestly, all three of these are truly amazing games. I was very happy to play each one. I will be honest, I ended up playing five of these Metal Slug games in a row yesterday. I later played both versions of Metal Slug 2.

Metal Slug X is still my favorite Metal Slug game without question. But damn these games are so damn good as well as addicting. You can never truly be disappointed with these games. I also love playing with infinite continues. You should expect to die a lot. At the same time, you can quickly memorize these games.

Metal Slug series as a whole left a major impact on me. I am very glad to given these games a try. I am only missing Metal Slug 7 and it's updated version Metal Slug XX. Honestly, all three of these are a must play. I would say 6 could be the easiest on it's Easy mode. But it's still not that easy either. You still will die a lot during a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment