Saturday, March 14, 2020

Top 5 Reasons Why Mavericks are more awesome than the Robot Masters?

Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, not here to add salt to anything. I just quickly liked The Mavericks from Mega Man X series more than the Robot Masters from classic Mega Man series. I was able to put a lot of reasons into just five of them to justify why I strongly felt that way. Now I am aware some Mega Man fans are more into the Robot Masters, you will get no complaint from me.

5. More direct story centering around them


In classic Mega Man series, there are a few cut scenes involving the Robot Masters. Yet it doesn't add anything to those characters at all. I strongly felt The Mavericks in most Mega Man X series has more actual story. Some of the later X games gives you a lot of information about them. It is also interesting some Mavericks can have different motives behind their actions.

Some of them were simply built to take on humanity while others eventually chose to go that path or political reasons or being infected by a virus. For the Robot Masters, either they are built or stolen then altered by Dr. Wily. At one point, he was black mailing an Russian scientist into helping him. I also liked The Mavericks do act more like leaders representing particular sections.

Here's how I think about it sorry in advance. The Robot Masters are the front line, usually solid but in a few ways ends up being more flawed than it appeared to be. But The Mavericks doesn't have that design flaw of being weak to each other. Believe it or not, that's more of a game play mechanic than anything else.

The Mavericks are like generals of their own smaller armies that joins together as a massive army. Therefore, ends up being a more direct threat to humanity as well as other robots. Their overall strategies alone is a vastly different game from anything Dr. Wily has done. In fact, you could even say they attempted going the more extreme route about their goals.

4. Their actual appearance being more unique


The Robot Masters looks more humanoid while The Mavericks are more like humanoid creatures. They do cover a lot of different animals across eight games. Yes, I know some of them are insect & plant based respectfully. I kinda felt from the start, they had an appearance that's more rememberable to me.

The Mavericks just makes more sense as well. You get a variety from these characters you really won't expect. Some being more surprising than others while some of them you never thought was going to be awesome. I know I thought differently about some of them before I fought them. Like Overdrive Ostrich quickly grew on me.

3. Their names


The Robot Masters for the most part are called something Man. Yes I do know about Splash Woman. There are a lot of them not even called something Man at all. But most people think about the main Robot Masters. So for me that's a problem I simply can not ignore. Also a lot of these names are just plain silly or stupid.

Well oh okay, I do confess some of them are awesome like Metal Man & Skull Man. I strongly felt The Mavericks overall had better names. I would even go as far to say it perfectly describes them for the most part. Yes, I do plan on listing some of my favorite Maverick names just for fun. Even their abilities you take from them sounds slightly more awesome in comparison too.

1. Chill Penguin
2. Armored Armadillo
3. Wheel Gator
4. Magna Centipede
5. Toxic Seahorse
6. Gravity Beetle
7. Cyber Peacock
8. Frost Walrus
9. Shining Firefly
10. Burn Dinorex
11. Metal Shark Player
12. Blizzard Wolfang
13. Splash Warfly
14. Ride Boarski
15. Bamboo Pandamonium
16. Gravity Antonion

To clarify, Yes I am aware some Maverick's names were altered since they were references to the members of the band Guns n Roses. A few years go, Axel Rose sued over Guitar Hero 3. So I think because they done that without their permission possibly learning about that lawsuit. They didn't want to get taken to court over it that led to changing their names as a result.

2. Their stages stands out more


Yes I know parts of what I am going to say are more of a game design than the actual locations. To me, these stages are notably bigger in comparison. There is collectibles in every Mega Man X game. Which gives you more reason to explore. Also most of these stages for the most part perfectly fits with it's Maverick boss.

Mega Man X6 does have optional boss fights that can be fought in any of the stages. Now I know parts of this concept was also a few classic Mega Man games as well. I just kinda works better here in my opinion. Not only that, their names stands out more too. You can more likely tell which Mavericks you're going to face than doing the same with an Robot Master.

Unless, you played these games enough times to know exactly what is going to happen. Both these Mega Man series are replayable in their own right. Sometimes, stuff relating to some of the Mavericks is represented in some way. Yes, X8 had a few stages that greatly changed the game play with one of those being a chase theme stage.

1. Sigma


I mean come on who is surprise here. Dr. Wily is a character I really don't respect. I got a lot more respect for Dr. Robotnik & to some degree Dr. Cortex in comparison. But damn Sigma quickly grew on me. This guy is all about world domination even if it kills the planet. Yes, he was crazy enough to go that route before.

Sigma is a computer virus that simply will not give up. As stated before, he has some of the most challenging boss fights ever. He is the main antagonist of seven of the games. It turns out Lumine was the true antagonist of X8 long story. Sigma already knows he is X's greatest enemy. He doesn't even hide he does have some respect for his efforts.

He essentially something worse than all the Mavericks combined. He has taken giant bodies before like in some of these games. Not only that, his strategies are simply more interesting to discuss too. Like he hid a spy within the Mavericks Hunters on purpose to figure out what they were up to. I also respect he didn't create a copy of X to face himself unlike a certain scientist.

Sorry it is difficult to respect an old man that's perfectly fine with stealing other scientists' robots. Sigma is more like an A.I. that's willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. Dr. Wily was already an old man when jealously led to his attempts at taking over the world. Sigma strongly believed every action he taken was for the better of their people.

Sigma is like M. Bison in a few major things. This guy is very driven with a very high potential. X technically has limitless potential as a part of his design from Dr. Light. So in a way, they would be polar opposites that could be fighting forever if necessary. Sigma is someone I deeply respect. He acts more like a leader that's got a few armies on his side rather than just one huge army in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment