Monday, January 7, 2019

Jack Red reviews Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I am very surprised I haven't reviewed this amazing collection before. Well that changes today because it is a very solid game compilation to keep you busy for possibly months maybe even years. I am talking about Metal Gear Solid HD Collection that's actually five games to clarify.


Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in one huge collection. Sadly there is no achievements for both MSX2 games. All of them are greatly updated in many ways. Not counting the later Metal Gear Solid The Legacy Collection that also includes Metal Gear Solid 1 with it's spin off game & Metal Gear Solid 4.

Depending on which console you bought this for. You will either have all of them on one disc for PS3 or two disc for Xbox 360 with Peace Walker being the solo game on it's disc. I should point out Peace Walker was originally a PSP game so it went through the biggest changes out of all the games. This game alone packs the most overall content I'm not kidding.

I could even say take everything from the other four Metal Gear games now add a lot more stuff that's Peace Walker. To me MGS3 isn't just my favorite Metal Gear game, it is among my favorite stealth games. It also stands as one of the greatest game prequels ever made. This has plenty of achievements to keep you busy which the amount was big for both consoles at the time.

I do love there is nothing extra you need to get. This is a solid package that many fans would enjoy. One skate boarding mini game as well as another mini game originally a canned game got removed. This also means the hilarious, disgusting crap easter egg conversation got removed. Despite that everything else is present.

Both Metal Gear 1 & 2 are played through a MSX2 emulator. Yes you can save often but are very different in getting supplies. Some of the in game pictures got changed to help match them to newer entries. Even parts of the dialogue got slightly improved. I should point out Konami early on with Metal Gear did some weird things long before Metal Gear Survive.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker to me is what Metal Gear Solid V: The Phanton Pain tried so hard to be but couldn't. Sure it may have a few things over it. Just quickly goes in the worse possible direction imaginable. All five Metal Gear games has great stories you really want to learn more about.

More recently disc 1 of this compilation became playable on Xbox One. A good while longer Peace Walker disc became playable on it. I may never understood why it took so long for all of it to be playable on that console. Hideo Kojima made sure up to his sad departure to deliver truly amazing games.

This compilation was one of the select few I really wanted on Xbox 360 back in the day. Others includes Silent Hill HD Collection, Devil May Cry HD Collection and Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection. Two of them were really worth picking up. I highly do not recommend Silent Hill HD Collection.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection in every possible way blew my mind how damn good it is. This is exactly how you make a great game compilation guys. This is very Metal Gear to it's very core. Here is now a legendary collection many gamers needs to play. I also like dlc stuff for MGS3 is automatically included making me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment