Sunday, January 6, 2019

Jack Red reviews Devil May Cry HD Collection

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I did own Devil May Cry HD Collection on Xbox 360 for several years. More recently I bought it again on Xbox One. There wasn't many changes done but I will still talk about them. Also I already reviewed all games included in advance. I am looking forward to reviewing this compilation.


Devil May Cry HD Collection has the first three Devil May Cry games. They chose to use 3: Special Edition that was the best move since it adds a little more to the overall experience. Obviously I love playing as Dante's brother Vergil. The achievements are the same exact being almost an hundred. In fact the more you simply play through the levels during a first run will get you a lot of them.

It isn't as strict with some DMC games but it will still challenge you. They actually included the option to go back to the game selection screen. Originally you have to play something else or reset your console before selecting another game. Trust me I hated doing both of those. Thankfully everything is included unlike DMC4.

They also fixed the screen ratio for Devil May Cry 1. Other than that with a delay sometimes while on the game selection screen. Which I recall wasn't really a present in previous versions. There really isn't much else different here. I personally do not recommend playing DMC2 for many reasons. You also get pictures & all the songs of all the games.

I also like the bigger bundle with Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition. I remember a friend of mine told me over the phone about it, I was mind blown. This is a great entry point for newer fans. Each game is represented perfectly in most categories. I did hear some complaints that some of the audio isn't right.

Sadly I'm not a expert on the soundtracks myself but I really do enjoy listening to many songs. This is a solid package that will help you in many ways. If you want a game to get a lot of achievements, I highly recommend this one. If you want an excuse to play PlayStation 2 games on any Xbox consoles there you go.

I will say it is mostly worth picking this up. I chose to do it when I did knowing in a few months will be Devil May Cry 5. I'm going to try getting it late this year. I already made a blog why I prefer DMC over God of War series. To me this is among my favorites of Capcom games. This is hands down one of my favorite Capcom game compilations I ever played.

No comments:

Post a Comment