Thursday, May 31, 2018

Jack Red reviews Killjoy series

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red it's time to review a series that's mixed to a degree with me. The good movies are some of my favorite Full Moon movies ever. The bad movies really makes me wanna rip my eyes out I'm not kidding. The franchise I'm talking about today is Killjoy. I have seen all five Killjoy movies to date.

Killjoy (2000)

Remember when I said I rather watch both Leprechaun hood movies over the original Killjoy? Well guess what now if you haven't seen this movie. You honestly have no idea how terrible this movie is. Only Angel Vargas' performance as Killjoy stands out among everyone in this movie. Although his performance was really over the top.

I guess I should say the obvious thing I'm thinking. This movie is sorta ripping off Twisted Metal's Sweet Tooth. Please allow me to explain they're both killer clowns going around in an ice cream truck killing people. Killjoy was created through black magic as revenge on a local gang picking on him.

Surprisingly most of the kills are watchable. Killjoy tricks people into going inside the ice cream truck that's actually a portal to his world. Why does this movie come off like Twisted Metal series in such a weird way? Killjoy does steal the show as stated before. It is confusing how they went about killing him.

You know what I'll spoil the ending to hopefully keep you from ever watching. The girl Michael loves goes into his world with her current boy friend and an friend to stop him. She basically kills Michael twice shortly after each other with the later being the Killjoy doll. A few weird scenes like going to a bar to find out Killjoy is still around.

I can't believe they ended the movie with such a mess up sex scene. It comes off like the alternate ending to Freddy vs. Jason where Laurie was having sex. Jake turned into Freddy with her belly growing rapidly. Yeah that's kinda what happened here with a killer clown. I guess they thought by doing that people want like the surprise how about no!!!

Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil (2002)

Killjoy 2 is surprisingly in many ways even worse than the original. A group of inmates are getting transferred to another location. Which doesn't exactly happen for many reasons. This movie barely feels like a Killjoy movie even with his scenes I'm not kidding. I do like Trent Haaga as the new Killjoy.

Keep in mind, all following movies he reprises the character. Killjoy 2 has some of the worst, most boring kills I have ever seen in a Full Moon movie. Even Demonic Toys 2 had better kills & that's not saying much. This movie came up with such a stupid reason for bringing Killjoy into it. The rude criminal talks this girl he likes into summoning him.

Virtually having most of their names on his death list because of it. Killjoy has some ridiculous moments that didn't make any real sense. Now I know it's a horror movie but I felt better if they explained a lot more about him. It quickly becomes obviously this movie has nothing to do with the original at all.

This is one of the absolute worst Full Moon sequel I have ever seen. I really didn't care for Killjoy's appearance at all. It is so bad even the original Killjoy played by Vargas looks like a master piece in comparison. Oh guess what kills him in this movie? Please take a wild guess, would you ever say water?

Yes water of all things kills such a powerful demonic being. What is he the cousin to the wicked witch of the west? I am trying not to hit this movie very hard but I can't name a single thing I like. Not one scene including those with Killjoy is worth mentioning. This movie felt like a huge wasted opportunity.

Killjoy 3 (2010)

This is the last Killjoy movie in The Killer Klowns Kollection. Now this is where the movies started to get great. Trent Haaga really stepped up as the character giving us a truly amazing performance. Despite it's time, Killjoy 3 is actually the first in a new time line with a different origin. In this version, he has been around a very long time with many names including Norse mythology's Loki.

Killjoy isn't alone this time, he created a few demon clowns to help him kill people. I felt everything was done incredibly well in this movie especially the kills. A major spoiler for that haven't seen the movie. An old man attempted to make a deal but got upset over Killjoy alternating it. You find out later on he wanted revenge on Killjoy for taking his son Michael away.

Yes the same Michael that died & jump started the events of the original Killjoy. This time a mirror given to them allows them to bring people into Killjoy's world. Confirmed by Killjoy himself, if his victims dies in there he gets their souls. They also can use the mirror to contact the victims in the house.

I got plenty scenes I would love to rewatch often. They did a great job with everything they had. This not only made up for the first two Killjoy movies. Full Moon kept the train going after this movie. Killjoy 3 is one of the best Full Moon sequels I have ever seen. Killjoy is so fun to watch that I can never get bored.

Killjoy Goes to Hell (2012)

Killjoy Goes to Hell for many fans is their favorite Killjoy movie. Shortly after the survivor of the previous movie escaped his world. Hell took him to court there to decide what would happen. A good amount of this movie takes place during Hell's prison & court room. Surprisingly this is more entertaining than the previous entry.

This is way better than Jason Goes to Hell lol. Honestly you would be surprise how all of it plays out. You get to learn more about several clown characters. This movie proven not even Hell can control Killjoy. This clown wasted no time to be a dick to everyone including those trying to help him. Easily a true classic from Full Moon movies indeed.

This movie has some great kills especially late into the movie. Killjoy might lose some of his powers. At the same time it didn't slow him down much. All of this led to the next Killjoy movie. Killjoy Goes to Hell is basically the live of the party or Stitches on crack lol. I do recommend this movie for many Full Moon fans.

Killjoy's Psycho Circus (2016)

Killjoy's Psycho Circus originally aired on El Rey Network in 2016. Which started a tread that network has been doing with Full Moon since. WOW this is hands down one of the absolute craziest movies I have ever seen. Killjoy becomes a talk show host while living on Earth with his friends. They sure didn't hide anything or hold back any flying pies.

I like the scene with Trent Haaga being a guest on his show. Out of no where he kept saying I could make a better Killjoy than you. Then he killed him getting respect from Killjoy himself. If you didn't get the joke, a similar joke was on Tales from the Crypt show. The actor who regularly voices the character appears as a character in a particular story.

The Crypt Keeper tries making it obvious who the actor was by somethings he said. This is sorta like that with a twist lol. Killjoy is very entertaining in this movie in every sense of the world. This is around the new direction Full Moon took where the fans donated a lot of money to support their films.

If I remember correctly the youtuber You & Your Horror Movies was one of the fans that cameo in the movie. This movie suddenly becomes a weird space/Hell movie. Killjoy with his friends are on a space ship trying to escape from the judge of his court case. The sex parts are some of the weirdest I have ever seen.

Full Moon really didn't hold back on anything in this movie. I felt they did an amazing job with everything. It has a huge body count that over the last couple movies combined. This movie is truly an unique movie that I don't think anyone could recreate. I felt the same way about Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

I highly recommend this movie with an passion. In my opinion, this was the best Killjoy movie to date. They went for jokes I didn't even think they would & nailed them. This movie is literately filled with surprises you won't see coming. This is a true Full Moon movie in every sense of the word. I honestly can't say anything truly negative about this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment