Monday, May 28, 2018

Jack Red talks about Nintendo Game Cube

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, there isn't many Nintendo consoles I like. I had a lot of fond memories on Nintendo Game Cube. The successor of Nintendo 64, another personal favorite of mine that did a great job. Sadly not a lot of people cared for it during that generation of gaming. I mean come on it had amazing potential.


A common complaint of the console was it's name. At first I was funny about Xbox One until it got explained. I never did like Wii U because the title doesn't make even sense. It comes off like a terrible joke that unexpectedly causes someone at the end of the room laughing hard. Honestly I felt Game Cube made sense for a few reasons.

The obvious reason just look at it, a nice cube shaped console. In two different destruction test videos, Game Cube out lasted it's competitors. Which should tell you how well built the actual console is. I also like I could hold it from the handle behind it. Just like Nintendo 64, both the console & it's controllers comes in many colors.

Officially Game Cube was the second most powerful of it's generation behind Microsoft's Xbox. However due to their odd disc format was sorta a mixed bag deal. On one hand, games like Resident Evil 4 blew even the best looking games of it's competitors away. But on the other we have smaller discs not holding as much data as it's competitors.

Yes some Game Cube games including three Resident Evil games has two discs. Thankfully, the process of swapping out discs is a lot easier & safer. This console did have some form of online play but very few games supported this. Let's be honest most people didn't even knew about that feature being on it.

Game Cube had a great interface on the console itself along with managing your save games. Just like some game consoles, you can play up to four players. This was the first console to receive Sega games. Not everyone wants to admit to it but Sega did it better. Nintendo allowed some developers to make educational Mario games, Hotel Mario and the Unholy Triforce.

To me, Game Cube had one of the absolute best game controllers I ever had. Not only it fits so well in my hands, all the buttons are exactly where they need to be. I had a lot of Game Cube games including those you must own titles. You won't have much trouble setting one of these bad boys up in your house.

Can you believe a few people laughed at me for liking Game Cube? It's true over stupid reasons that start making me wonder why gamers' heads are at. Game Cube had some truly amazing games for it's time. Although I felt PlayStation 2 rightfully won it's console wars. My favorite two consoles of that era was actually Game Cube & Dreamcast.

Game Cube had a lot of first party games with some third party ones. Similar to majority of Sega consoles prior. Usually it was the opposite for Nintendo even after Sony joined. This console was to me the last good Nintendo console. Although I did like it's successor Wii a lot too. This is where Nintendo started falling down for me.

This console had so many amazing things going for it. Huge credit for standing up against both PlayStation 2 & Xbox for several years. There's a lot of games all three of them share. I always felt Game Cube had awesome disc designs that were better than it's competitors. Yes I just said that sue me.

Nintendo made sure to deliver a great CD based game console. Sure some of it's commercials are weird for centering around the cube concept. If you think about it, this is a gaming box. You have plenty of games including party ones to keep you busy. If Game Cube did one major thing better even by a little bit.

In my mind it has to be how amazingly tough built Game Cube was. On X-Play, they dropped it off a window & hit it with a sledge hammer. It didn't affect starting up at all, just the disc drive being off. Nintendo really did an amazing job with that. I would also say getting it packed up to play it at someone's house is much easier too.

I highly recommend anyone to check out this game console. You should lower your expectations especially if you recently got into gaming. Game Cube does have a solid library of games including six Resident Evil games. One of the greatest game controllers in history. I know what I said in that blog I made but I do prefer Game Cube's over PS2's.

No comments:

Post a Comment