Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Killer Toys Collection from Bloodwave DVD

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I finally can go for another custom horror movie DVD collection. I am still impressed by my last order that it is a must for another collection. I honestly had a few concepts in my head fighting with myself what the next collection should be. I decided very recently as of late April to go for Killer Toys Collection.

The thought of toys killing people in movies does get over looked. A lot of these movies has some creative kills that still stand out by today's standards. Possibly don't judge it by it's cover concept. I got some crazy movies. I always had a thing for killer toys maybe not as much as killer clowns or vampires.

It is up there for sure among many things in horror. I should point out a few movies present aren't exactly killer toy movies. The Boy feels like one up til the big twist late in the movie. Both Poltergeist movies have mostly one short scene with a clown doll. Dollman isn't a killer toy movie at all.

I felt all of those are still great movies to have in my horror movie collection. I felt you all have the right to know. This might actually be my best custom collection yet I'm not kidding. Possibly some of the craziest movies ever made. I do have a huge respect for them because I grew up with Child's Play & Puppet Master series.

Like the previous collection where Killer Klowns from Outer Space not only inspired my passion for killer clowns. It also inspired that custom collection filled with killer clown movies. In this case that role is filled with a personal favorite of mine. Child's Play series is a must have for any horror movie fan.

This collection will display almost forty years worth of killer toys. My previous collection covered more years technically. I felt both killer clowns & toys deserve a lot more respect in the horror community. Don't worry I will be reviewing this custom collection as well. I won't say anything real negative about it for many reasons.

Update: I was able to do Killer Toys Collection two weeks early. I did a lot for my family for the last few months. More recently I got to order it even sooner after helping my dad out. I really can't wait to show people it soon.

Update: As of May 16th, I got Killer Toys Collection from the mail. Child's Play 3 will be sent out at a later date.

1. Magic (1978)

Anthony Hopkins has appeared in many great movies. I was surprised to learn he was in this movie. Why are dummies in movies so interesting to me? Also this dummy is one of the creepiest I have ever seen. Mostly because he looks just like a dummy version of Hopkins' character. This may not necessary count as a horror movie but a great one indeed.

2. Ghosthouse (1988)

This is rather a strange case in the alternate title. In some parts of the world, this movie is called La Casa 3. You are probably wondering what was the first two La Casa movies? Believe it or not, they were alternate titles for the first two Evil Dead movies. The movie is about a possess clown doll terrorizing people in this house.

3. Silent Night, Deadly Night 5 (1996)

This was the last in the series centered around Christmas. The first three movies are a story line. Both this and the fourth movie are stand alone stories that's much different from the previous three movies. In this entry, we have killer toys killing people. You got to give it credit for not sucking as bad as many horror movie sequels at that time.


4. Annabelle (2014)

One of my wife's favorite horror movies. Annabelle is actually a spin off of The Conjuring series. A possessed doll that's killing people may be wore out by this time. At the same time this is a entirely different experience from those movies. Believe it or not, this movie was inspired by a true story centering around a doll.


5. Annabelle: Creation (2017)

A candidate for one of the best 2017 horror movies. A prequel to Annabelle to further explain it's origin. This movie is considered one of the greatest horror movie follow ups in history. The director of it want the movie to stand out more by differing it from the original. Usually when this happens, everything falls apart but here it worked.

6. Dolls (1987)

A precursor to Full Moon's Puppet Master series. A lot of similarities including the actor Guy Rolfe in a similar role. Dolls is one of the creepiest horror movies I have ever seen. This movie will give you plenty of reasons to not be around dolls. Possibly one of the greatest movies owned by Full Moon to date.

7. Dollman (1991)

Although this isn't technically a killer toy movie. Which most chose to labeled it as one, Dollman is an awesome movie. If you think about it, everything about him would come off more like an action figure. Let's be honest this movie is damn good for what it brings to the table. Very recently Full Moon released a comic book with him taking on many Full Moon icons.

8. Dolly Dearest (1991)

It is no secret when something very good in horror movies comes. Many companies try cashing in on it's success by making a similar movie. Full Moon has Gingerdead Man, A-Pix Entertainment Inc. has Jack Frost and Trimark Pictures has Dolly Dearest. Yes the same company that made most of the Leprechaun movies as well as Pinocchio's Revenge.

9. Amityville Dollhouse (1996)

Believe it or not, Amityville is one of the absolute longest horror movie franchises. In fact this movie is the eighth but final movie of the original series. They are still making Amityville movies that have little to nothing to do with each other. Amityville Dollhouse did bring in a haunted dollhouse to fresh things up.

10. The Boy (2016)

The Boy will feel like a killer toy movie up til the big twist. Honestly this movie does a great job at suspense. Lauren Cohan from a horror shows like Supernatural and The Walking Dead is in this movie. I felt this movie does bring some interesting concepts. Some people might question why it is included but I felt it does belong in my collection.

11. Dead Silence (2007)

Possibly one of the creepiest doll movies I have ever seen. Yes it is a ghost story with many creepy dolls. I really like what this movie brought to the table. Dead Silence is intense, chilling & possibly disturbing. Can you believe this has a connection to the Saw series since one of it's creators worked on this movie.

12. Making Contact aka Joey (1985)

I should mention depending where in the world you are. Either you call it Making Contact or Joey. This is rare for me to say but all titles do fit the movie well. Usually I criticize one or more titles over it. This is similar to Poltergeist series. The director later did Independence Day a couple of years later. Most covers for this movie stands out in a huge way.

13. Xtro (1982) & Xtro 2 (1990)

One of the strangest movies in my collection. Aliens that use human women to breed alien humanoid creatures. A kid that gains the power to bring toys to life. This movie is getting around fine more recently. Xtro does have a few sequels continuing off the same concept minus killer toys. I should mention the scene with a human sized toy soldier attacking an old lady.

Update: It turns out the guy gave me the first two Xltro movies on one disc. I haven't seen the second Xtro movie yet.

14. Triloquist (2008)

Directed by the same man behind the original Leprechaun & Rumpelstiltskin made this movie. A brother, sister and a dummy traveling together for many years. This movie may not be for everyone but I like it a lot. Triloquist does leave some puzzling questions very late in the movie. I would say for it's strange humor to check it out.

15. Love Object (2003)

I know a lot of you will question why is this movie in my collection. A guy at work obsessed with a female co-worker. After finding out about a realistic sex doll to based her appearance on her. However this causes a terrible love triangle. Let's be honest a sex doll isn't a toy for adults just meant for sick people.

16. Pin (1988)

Based on a book to come out seven years later. A medical dummy is harming people. I can't judge it since I haven't seen the movie yet. I been hearing it is a great movie. This is surprisingly original for a killer doll movie. Pin is much more than a horror movie that deserves more respect. A lot of great horror movies came out the same year.

17. The Pit (1981)

A strange boy whose obsessed with his baby sitter. To him, his true friend was his teddy bear. Eventually this bear talked him into doing horrible things. Sadly not everything goes according to plan. Now this is a rather unusual killer toy movie for many reasons. Yes the bear doesn't directly kill people but he is still the one responsible for several murders.

18. Child's Play (1988)

Of course you knew this had to be in my collection. Believe it or not, I didn't see the original for many years. Not only it holds up amazingly well but possibly one of the scariest movies ever made. Child's Play was the beginning to be one of the biggest horror movie franchises to date. Originally released by MGM to quickly become Universal in times for the sequel.


19. Child's Play 2 (1990)

To me, it not only my entry into Child's Play series. Child's Play 2 in particular so happens to be one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Possibly one of the greatest horror movie sequels ever made. I really love the cover shown above. This movie does a great job at everything it does. At the same time it surpasses the original in many ways.

20. Child's Play 3 (1991)

Sadly Universal during the filming for Child's Play 3 started right after they finished Child's Play 2. To this day, Don Mancini aka the creator of Child's Play series stated this to be his least favorite entry. I do like a couple of scenes that I could rewatch. This movie was rushed out like many horror movies a few years later gotten.

Update: The guy has to send out a new copy of Child's Play 3 to me. Thankfully he will do it for free, I am very happy with this collection.

21. Bride of Chucky (1998)

One of my favorite entries, Bride of Chucky was one of my first Pay-per-view movies. Not only this made up for Child's Play 3, it also had a lot of great things going for it. One interesting fact the director of this also did Freddy vs. Jason. In Bride of Chucky, John Ritter was a corrupt police chief. His son Jason Ritter plays Laurie's boyfriend in Freddy vs. Jason.

22. Seed of Chucky (2004)

I actually went to the theaters on my birthday to see Seed of Chucky. Let's be honest although it is the worst Chucky movie. I still like a lot about this movie despite how hard I hit it in another blog. I strongly felt they went too far with the humor. Glen & Glenda weren't great characters that I could care less about.

23. Curse of Chucky (2013)

From this entry, the series went to direct to video direction. Usually this is a bad sign for horror movies. Fortunately Curse of Chucky ends up as one of it's best entries. You get to learn more of Chucky's back story prior of becoming a killer doll. Personally this had the worst looking Chucky but thankfully he was wearing a mask over his face.

24. Cult of Chucky (2017)

The newest entry in a now legendary killer doll franchise. Cult of Chucky is easily one of the craziest movies I have ever seen. The possibility of what Chucky can do went up a lot. If this doesn't get more people afraid of him, what else will. This movie was one of the best direct to video sequels ever. Cult of Chucky is also bridging directly to a new show coming soon similar to Ash vs. Evil Dead show.

I really wanted to go as many directions as possible with my killer toys collection. This is going to be another holy grail among my horror movie collection. Due to Krampus & Demonic Toys series being in my previous collection, they are absent from this one. I always had a thing for something people are often over looking or flat out unusual.

I hope anyone that checks out both my custom collections can fully see my visions. I really wanted something to be truly proud of owning. Something you simply can't find in a store. To me, these collections are truly unique in & of themselves. I don't think I could selected a better list of movies for this theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment