Thursday, May 31, 2018

Jack Red reviews Demonic Toys series

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, today I get to cover a Full Moon trilogy of weird killer toy movies. It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Jack Attack. He always been one of my favorite Full Moon characters. Demonic Toys franchise is an in company rip off of their own Puppet Master franchise. Usually a handful of toys comes alive to start killing people.

I already covered Puppet Master vs. The Demonic Toys in another lengthy blog. Also if it won't even matter since it's not an official entry in either franchise. I will say this it is the single worst movie to have both franchises I have ever seen I'm not kidding. Just reminding folks this trilogy of movies is included in The Killer Klowns Kollection I got a few months ago.

Demonic Toys (1992)

Demonic Toys centers around a cop chasing two criminals into a toy factory. Suddenly some of the toys become alive. They didn't wait long to start killing people either. This is more of a gem among the early 90s Full Moon movies. It's sorta in between what's good & bad about a horror movie. Personally I like it just enough to get the job done.

I got to be honest I do enjoy most of the death scenes. There wasn't many killer toy movies around this time that actually was toys killing people. Usually it was a man with a multiple person disorder with a dummy or killer dolls. But in this movie you get a baby doll, toy robot, teddy bear and a crazy jack in the box creature.

The same kid that played Eli in Children of the Corn 3 a few years later. Honestly I felt he was better in this movie. The basic story why the toys are alive is their master died during child birth. An old woman sneak his corpse in one of the kid's bag of candy. They ended up throwing into a spot to quickly become trapped.

It turns out this very toy factory was essentially his tomb for over sixty years. He needed a pregnant woman to get reborn. Every time someone dies within this toy factory, their master's power increases. I felt this movie had a lot of thought put behind it. I felt it did a good enough job to keep you watching it.

Dollman vs. The Demonic Toys (1993)

In my opinion, this is the best entry in Demonic Toys franchise. Basically this is actually a sequel to Dollman, Demonic Toys & Bad Channels. A very loose connection on Bad Channels with a stronger connection to the other two movies. This took place a year after the original Demonic Toys. The same cop teams up with Dollman to take these killer toys again.

Although people heavily criticize this movie over retelling three Full Moon movies. I felt without that I would've been confused. Also they don't take longer than necessary to cover all the information facts. This movie is a mix between using smaller machines for some scenes while people in costumes in other ones.

Some later scenes has it quickly going back between the two basic looks of the Demonic Toys. Only Jack Attack looks off during this process. They knew Dollman & Ginger whose was originally someone else were real people made to look very small on screen. They couldn't relay on those machines in some scenes which led to people dressed up as those toys.

I felt this one told the story the best. We already have Dollman whose an interesting take on killer toys concept. Now putting him against these demonic toys was the stuff of legends for it's time. I also like how they went about everything else. I remember seeing a trailer for this crossover movie really wanting to see it badly.

For me it took a long time for that to happen. It was well worth the wait for me. This movie does sorta started a thread with a previous main character getting killed off. Very recently Puppet Master did that in their newest entry. I would say if you like any of the franchise or want a different kind of killer toy movie.

You should consider giving this a try. One of the best Full Moon movie sequels I have ever seen. Sure Dollman was a very good movie. I would say it is better than the other two movies related to it. Clearly a hidden gem among their movies that many would enjoy. Yes it may have it's flaws but it sorta works better than it expect.

Demonic Toys 2 (2010)

Demonic Toys 2 threw a monkey wrench at the time line. Technically it took place a few months after the original but a few months before the crossover movie. Although there isn't much linking it to the other movies. Let's be honest the returning demonic toys look terrible. Still way better than how they look like in the unofficial crossover movie.

Unlike the previous two entries, I actually don't have much positive things to say about it. Demonic Toys has a demon inside the new toy that doesn't do much except laugh a lot. I am going to be straight I didn't like a single kill in this movie. Not even Jack Attack can save this doomed apocalypse movie.

This was a more recent Full Moon movie. Back around the first two Demonic Toys movies, Paramount was backing Full Moon up. Therefore any Full Moon movie to suck during that period there's no excuse for it. Lucky I don't have to do that towards Demonic Toys. It doesn't mean it's off the hook either.

Demonic Toys 2 is cleverly a rushed low budget movie. Don't me get wrong I do like some low budget horror movies including Killer Klowns from Outer Space. But come on this isn't even in the slightest good. It tells a very dull story that doesn't get exciting at all. I felt they didn't want how to go about making this movie.

Even in The Gingerdead Man's case, I have some positive things I can say & that movie sucks too. Full Moon should've waited on doing this movie. This felt like they didn't want anything to do with the Demonic Toys. Did you know at one point they were considering a crossover movie with Puppet Master & Demonic Toys?

Yes it's true but it never happened or should I say not the way you think it would. Damn you Syfy for ruining both franchises so bad in that movie. This is not only an abomination of a movie but Killjoy 1 and 2 had a lot more going for them. I really can't recommend even Demonic Toys fans to watch this, in fact destroy it wherever you find copies of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment