Monday, December 2, 2019

Jack Red reviews Blood: Fresh Supply

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, some of you knew I had to eventually get my hands on Blood: Fresh Supply. I spent most of yesterday playing most of the game without codes. I think it is time to talk about the newer version of Blood. It is in the same league as Duke 3D Megaton Edition & Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.



Now I won't say much about the actual game since I already the older version GOG had. I am aware due to how this was programmed. Either you will be having a killer time or a rather mixed experience. Sadly I fall under the mixed experience since it had some problems I couldn't ignore. Like I needed to download a particular thing before the game would even work.

No this wasn't hacking or modding in any possible way. It required something my computer didn't have that it needed in order to run. Sorry but for a newer version of a classic DOS game that's pathetic. Also when I did get it to work, most of the colors were glitched. Thankfully, I can still tell which symbols were on the doors or which keys I currently had.



For me it looked even worse than this picture I'm not kidding. I do like some of the changes present in this version though. Like buttons in particular are more in actual 3D making them easier to spot. There is also a weapon cycle feature. Some people aren't a fan of this feature. Honestly, it could move a little faster than it should at times.

I do like I have an alternate method for selecting a weapon. Also how they were able to have The Cryptic Passage included without leaving the game fully was genius. I am surprised both Duke 3D Megaton Edition & Shadow Warrior Classic Redux didn't think of that. The achievements pop ups when it feels like.

Yes it is one of those games where you can only hope an achievement might pop up during game play. I am aware sometimes it has a period before it becomes official. But it is kinda sad when you work your butt off to not get a single achievement in the process. I do like some achievements are about finding secret levels.

Doom clearly ripped off this idea since in the newer ports of the first Doom games. There are similar achievements I am not kidding. Some of these features can be changed or disabled. Probably the coolest feature has to be the new difficulty level. I only seen this concept done in GoldenEye 007 & Perfect Dark on Nintendo 64.

WOW, the replay value went up a lot just by having that in there. You can make it guarantee you will complete it or be destroyed by it. Honestly, this feature allows you to be have creative fun. Just imagine the hell you could be forcing yourself through lol. Every single level is present in this version.

I recently found out, a few codes still aren't present in this version for some reason. Also sometimes my game becomes irresponsible when turning my screen resolution to a bigger size at times. I actually had to restart my computer a few times over this problem. Thank god the controls are perfect here.

Clearly this version had a lot of nice things. But it is disappointing I have to go through these problems for one of my personal favorite FPS games ever. I really wish some of these problems would get fix in the near future even by modding it. Hell Blood 2 has some great mods just for fixing up the game.

Blood: Fresh Supply isn't a bad title. I kinda felt it could've had a better, scarier title worthy of the name. I do like most of the achievements, it is fun. But I had more fun with Shadow Warrior Classic Redux in achievement hunting for a few reasons. Keep in mind, that game often crashes on me. Maybe not the best version of a classic.

In the long run, it greatly depends on how it runs on your computer. At least, I got it running, which is better than some games like Doom 3 BFG Edition on Steam. Seriously, why only making it work on a particular version of Windows when stuff like Duke 3D Megaton Edition works on most versions. Blood: Fresh Supply isn't a version I can recommend due to it's problems I faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment