Saturday, December 21, 2019

What are my top game franchises I play?

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I think it's time for a different blog entry. I am sure everyone has a list of must have game franchises wherever they are or go. I figured why not show case the ones very high on my personal list. Keep in mind, every gamer has a different opinion. This is strictly mine alone, I am going to have a lot of fun with this.

Keep in mind, this list is not in a particular order.

1. Tekken series


I won't say much since I already did a blog covering how exactly I feel about Tekken series. For me, it always was & always will be the finest fighting game franchise I ever gotten into. Tekken is such an unique experience that's kinda difficult to do justice with just words alone. Everything about it just works so amazingly well.

2. Saints Row series


Oh hell yes, Saints Row in the last decade has became one of my personal favorites. I know most gamers are into Grand Theft Auto series. I am just one of those who really prefers playing Saints Row more. They make doing all the extra stuff more fun as well as rewarding. One of the finest customization in gaming history.

3. Resident Evil series


For me, Resident Evil will always be my go to horror franchise. Just look at what they have done that so many game franchises still haven't yet. Resident Evil recently getting better at being true horror games. I will just say RE2 remake is my choice for 2019's game of the year by far. This franchise has always been a strong interest of mine.

5. Mortal Kombat series


I been a life long fan of Mortal Kombat series. There was always something about it especially a young age that kept me coming back. More recently, they brought in guest characters including a couple I am still surprised got in. I can honestly talk all day about this franchise. Not only that, for the very fighting game franchise with a few controversial games to inspire the rating system.

6. Killer Instinct series


It is no secret by now, I surprisingly like Killer Instinct more than even Mortal Kombat series. I remember being mind blown by Killer Instinct on SNES as a kid. I was really happy when I won Killer Instinct Definitive Edition from Rare themselves. I felt in a lot of areas, it is even better than MK series truthfully.

7. Serious Sam series


OMG, Serious Sam games are a lot of fun filled with so many enemies. I loved it when Serious Sam 3 gave you so many weapons when most recent FPS games limits that. There is some well placed humor in these games. I got to be honest, I see a very solid indie FPS franchise. One that should be as well spoken for & more than other franchises in the genre.

8. Soulcalibur series


I always been a huge fan of this series. I actually grew up with Soul Blade on PlayStation 1 as a kid. These are some of the most addicting fighting games I ever played. Just the customization alone is simply unrivaled by anything you could possibly name. Soulcalibur series is one of the finest weapon based fighting game franchises ever made.

9. Doom series


Doom was a more recent passion of mine. I enjoyed most Doom games I played. I felt it is kinda mind blowing how some of the level designs as well as the animations of the enemies. I also loved some of these weapons especially the shotgun. Classic Doom games are truly amazing. I do enjoy Doom 3 for what it is.

10. Dead Rising series


Of course, Dead Rising series are some of the most creative games I ever played. You have to fight your way through countless zombies. Sometimes, you have to deal with psychopaths or maniacs in Dead Rising 4's case. Most of these held up amazingly well. Even DR4 had a few things that I could come back to play.

11. Sonic the Hedgehog series


One of my biggest game franchises I'm into. Sonic always left a huge impression on me. Let's just be honest he recently has a hit or miss reputation for a long time now. But those that are great, you just can not stop playing!!! This is a successful franchise even with some of the biggest mistakes made. Sonic is still the second best gaming mascot in history just behind Nintendo's Mario.

12. Duke Nukem series


Duke Nukem has a weird franchise ratio. Duke Nukem 3D is hands down the best. The second campaign for DNF was way better than the original DNF campaign. You would be mind blown how many episodes Duke3D itself has. I do enjoy Duke Nukem 2 as well as Manhattan Project. I also grew up with Duke Nukem: Time to Kill on PlayStation 1 that has such a great theme.

13. Mega Man X series


I do enjoy the classic Mega Man games for the most part. But it just isn't Mega Man X series to me. These games are absolutely amazing, even the second AVGN game ripped off some of it's mechanics. Last year's Christmas, I gotten both Mega Man X Legacy Collection games. I knew as soon as I started playing that I was going to love it.

14. Streets of Rage series


One of my personal favorite beat em up game franchises ever. Streets of Rage was created to compete with Final Fight games on SNES. Majority eventually agreed that Streets of Rage series was better. Even if it wasn't I would still really enjoy these games. Do I even need to comment on the soundtracks?

15. Shinobi series (original series)


I am aware there's a lot of Shinobi games. I am mostly talking about the original arcade game with it's follow ups. I just haven't got to play Shadow Dancer on arcade yet. But I played most of these truly amazing ninja games. I know more people are into Ninja Gaiden, I'm always more for Joe Musashi than Ryu Hayabusa.

16. Golden Axe series (original series)


I always been a huge fan of Golden Axe since my child hood. This was the closest Sega ever gotten to having their own Zelda. Mostly in spin offs but it does still play on a select few things. The first two Golden Axe games are among my favorites in this genre. Even parts of Golden Axe 3 is still playable enough in it's own right.

17. Sega All-Stars series


I never got to play the original Sega Superstars on PlayStation 2 for a few reasons. I did play enough of the other games. I absolutely love what this has done for Sega fans. This is the closest Sega attempted at doing Super Smash Brothers concept but ultimately chose a few different routes. You ultimately have a love letter to all the Sega fans thanking us for supporting their work.

18. Dragon Ball Z Budokai series


I don't plan on putting many anime franchises on this list. I will say I had the most fun in Dragon Ball Z Budokai series. To clarify Budokai 1-3 that was mostly on PlayStation 2. I didn't get to play Budokai 3 until a few years ago in Budokai HD Collection. I also felt with Budokai 2 being the weakest is still a good fighting game at it's core.

19. One Piece series


Don't expect me to be one of those who played every One Piece game because I haven't. In fact, I only got to play three of them not counting Jump Force. I will say even Burning Blood being the weakest was a good enough game I can come back to. The other two One Piece games absolutely blew my mind away.

20. Crash Bandicoot series


Yes, I was a Crash fan growing up. The last Crash game I played was Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex on PlayStation 2. So I missed out on all those Crash games as time went on. However, I been around all five PS1 Crash games as a kid. Honestly, Crash was always one of my favorite gaming mascots.

21. Jazz Jackrabbit series


One of the best Sonic rip off characters, I always had a thing for Jazz Jackrabbit. This guy is one of my favorite platformer characters ever. He does plenty to differ himself from Sonic. Personally, Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is one of the most unique DOS platformers I ever played. This game could potentially out last a lot of newer games that kept adding content to their respective games.

22. Metal Gear series (prior to Hideo Kojima leaving Konami)

OMG, Kojima really out does himself with every Metal Gear games he made. Even a select few he wasn't as involved with turns out being good enough. These are truly complex games with a lot of great surprises. It is a stealth experience none of it's competition could truly recreate. Personally, the perfect Metal Gear game always has been Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

23. Devil May Cry series


Devil May Cry is a personal favorite of mine. With the possible exception of DMC2, I absolutely love these games. The original Devil May Cry was so good, it started it's own gaming genre. Stuff like God of War later used before a reboot. Even DmC wasn't that bad of a game. I felt, these games were really meant to be fully replayable.

24. Darksiders series


Yes I know, a Zelda clone for someone who isn't even a Zelda fan. I know shut up lol, I just absolutely enjoy these games. I haven't got to play Darksiders 3 yet. But damn for such a long game, Darksiders 2 was truly worth every minute of it. Even the original Darksiders to me was way better than God of War series.

No comments:

Post a Comment