Saturday, December 14, 2019

What is my favorite fighting game series?

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, originally I did consider making this into a much bigger thing. But to be honest, for me in that case would've been a huge waste of time. I am a huge fighting game fan for most of my life. I strongly felt even those I always had a great experience with. There is always a particular one that flat out speaks to my soul.



Yes it is Tekken series, there's just something about it I personally can't get enough of. To be honest, I usually suck to being alright in most fighting games I played. But Tekken so happens to be one of my finest gaming skills. I can play a whole arcade mode on very hard difficulty or spend hours winning in modes that keeps giving you opponents.

I already made a huge review on this beloved franchise. But what exactly drove me to loving Tekken so much? I deeply been around Tekken games, maybe not as much as Mortal Kombat series. Tekken has a great variety of characters including a couple you wouldn't even believe are in the games. I am a huge fan of Mokujin ever since first playing Tekken 3.

Tekken is mostly about tournaments where one challenger among them all gets an opportunity to take over Mishima Zaibatsu. One of the most powerful companies in the world. For the most part, don't take the story seriously. I will say I really enjoyed Tekken 7's story mode very much. Tekken has some of the finest fighting game controls I ever experienced.

You have to doing great when Tekken 4 is the worst main entry. Tekken always willing to try something new. I have seen all the movies including the hard to find OVA that got released as a movie in the United States. I also liked you got a ranking system to keep you pushing harder. You can also customize the characters however you want.

Over time, you will unlock stuff most of it is custom stuff for characters. The graphics always looked great for their time. Tekken has changed in a huge way, I am a huge fan of their Tag Tournament games. Also this franchise continues arcade releases while porting them to consoles. Each newer port will have dlcs you can get a few ways.

I am actually glad I can play three Tekken games on Xbox One. I could talk for hours on the characters alone. Tekken got several guest characters in just Tekken 7 alone. I am still surprised The Walking Dead's Negan is among them. It just feels like a spiritual experience, everything about it. There is no easy way of saying this.

Tekken nails most categories better than most of it's competitors. The humor is usually a hit or miss but some of these you won't see coming. Tekken 6 wasn't perfect either but it still was a good game. You can truly tell how much the developers loves it's fans. Also, most Tekken games are widely known for having a huge roster of characters.

Keep in mind, this was one of the first 3D fighting game franchises. It is currently the most successful especially among other fighting game franchises from the 90s. It is still holding it's own against the kings of fighting games, Mortal Kombat & Street Fighter. Tekken puts a lot of surprising depth into their games.

No comments:

Post a Comment