Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Jack Red reviews Sam & Max Complete Pack (Telltale game series)

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I knew the moment I started playing these games. It was going to be one of my absolute favorites from it's developer. I am talking about Sam & Max Complete Pack aka Sam & Max Seasons 1-3. Sixteen crazy filled episodes that's so ridiculous. It would rival even the highest ranked games on my official list.

 Sam & Max Complete Pack
1. Sam & Max Save the World (October 17, 2006-April 26, 2007) six episodes
2. Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (November 8, 2007-April 10, 2008) five episodes
3. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (April 2, 2010-August 30, 2010) five episodes
Before we even get to these crazy games. I must discuss the history leading up to them. Lucasarts used to be the game company behind Star Wars franchise during the 90s to early 2000s. Within that period on the PC side of things, they were responsible for some point & click games like Monkey Island series.

They worked with the creator of Sam & Max himself for Sam & Max Hit the Road. They wanted to bring his work to life even before than a bad cartoon show with their names on it lol. There was a few attempts at making a follow up to Sam & Max Hit the Road like Sam & Max: Freelance Police. A few factors led to it's cancellation.

Then Telltale Games quickly got the rights to start making these Sam & Max games. It may not state it in any of those games. But these are essentially a follow up to Sam & Max Hit the Road. Obviously it follows two crazy policemen working on cases. Sadly at the moment I can't review the original Sam & Max game right now.

Honestly WOW just when I couldn't find such a ridiculous game series. Here we are, there's so much going on in just one of these that to imagine it altogether is way beyond the point of your heads exploding. Obviously some mechanics does apply to several parts. For the most part, you are mostly playing as the duo in some truly ridiculous adventures.

I would even state this is one of my personal favorite Telltale game series ever made. Clearly the humor is both bizarre & to some point at times goes over your heads. Sometimes it gets offensive as well as disturbing. Let's put it this way just when you think you seen a lot of this before. You are really aren't prepare for the madness of Max lol.

These games are mostly aging very well in my opinion. I should mention some of these got originally released on a gaming service that wasn't on consoles, Steam or GOG. Season 3 was also released on mobile devices. There's sixteen episodes worth of insanity. Now that's almost as many as their The Walking Dead games that is twenty three games in total.

Sam & Max in it's entirely should've made it's creator proud. Sure they might not sold as many as some Telltale games. At the same time, this does more recently get overlooked. I strongly felt you shouldn't be allowed to be called a Telltale fan unless you play these I'm serious. For me to even give you a little taste of what's in store.

Why ruin any of the surprises that awaits you lol. Trust me you need to have a very open mind with a twisted sense of humor. Otherwise you simply won't understand these games at all. I loved how it does stay true to the original DOS game based on what I played of it so far. Sam & Max Seasons 1-3 is still on purchase on Steam.

There's so many great moments that it would be a long list lengthy enough for possibly two or so blogs. Honestly Season 3 came out around Tales of Monkey Island. Another game I need to play more of along with Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People. Sam & Max is like a mix between The Animaniacs and Ren & Stimpy that's more twisted than those two combined.

If that doesn't tell you how cartoon crazy this gets. You really need to watch more older cartoons from the 90s. I also grew up with some classics that had a lot of slap stick comedy in it. Sam & Max is worthy among their list of games. To me, this is one of the absolute finest of their work by far. Even with the notable time gap between Season 2 & Season 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment