Friday, July 5, 2019

Ghost Face coverage

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, hopefully this might be my last Dead by Daylight/personal blog for a while. It depends on many things. I figured due to my long break from the game. I should give Ghost Face his own coverage blog. I felt there's a little more I want to share with you guys. I don't want any secrets between us?


I do have one confession I must tell everyone. There was a little more to my story why I like Ghost Face so much. I did grew up with the first three Scream movies. I also grew up with the original Scary Movie. I used to watch this movie a lot back in the day. In my mind, it was a forgotten Scream movie.

Of course, I also knew it was a great parody of that & I Know What You Did Last Summer. There isn't a lot of good parody horror movies out there. To clarify more on why the developers couldn't get the mask & movie license. It turns out the mask did appear in stores a few years prior to the original Scream.

At one point, the people behind Scream was going to make a similar mask but didn't want to get sue. So they were able to reach a deal that led for that mask to be used in their movie. More recently, Scream show is finally using the famous Ghost Face character including the mask. Funny enough, a lawsuit did happen with another movie called Screamers.

Eventually it didn't go far in court. I might review the show in the near future. Considering it's back for three nights next week. This seems like a huge year for Ghost Face. Honestly I liked the persona is inspired by slasher icons like Michael. You see not many slashers would talk in these movies. Along with Freddy, Ghost Face does often taunt victims.

Basically a crazy horror movie fan or fans that wanted to recreate one in real life. Essentially anyone could be wearing the mask. I felt he stands out more than just talking. His mask is always one of my absolute favorites in horror movies. There's just something about how he uses that knife. Ghost Face is more on the lines of someone whose more than a simple stalker.

You have a small group of people clearly manipulating people like a strange chess game. At the same time playing it out exactly like a horror movie. Now that to me comes off like a work of art. Obviously that's a lot of work to pull off. I am a huge fan of Scream series as well as the show. I will save some thoughts in case I do choose to review it.

I am still very happy Ghost Face is in Dead by Daylight now. When I looked up his video game history. It turns out his Dead by Daylight's appearance is his third yeah who knew. His original video game appearance is Scream 4 on mobile phones or devices. Funny enough, it does remind me based on the footage similar to Friday the 13th: The Game I'm not kidding.

Ghost Face is more than just a persona shared by people. It is a concept truly bigger than all of us put together. For some, all it takes is just one bad day. Maybe Saw series drew some inspiration from Scream series. This character is in a lot of pictures on the internet like many horror icons. Scary Movie so happens to be one of the original titles for Scream.

You just can't help noticing it does pull things from some of the Scream movies. Obviously the mask is very different. But hell I would love to wear his wazzup mask lol. Robot Chicken used him in a Big Brother parody before. Ghost Face may not have powers except for his DBD appearance but in other ways ends up being terrifying.

The simple fact someone close to you could be the killer is enough to put chills right down your spines. Ghost Face brings humor in a way you wouldn't expect. As stated a few times now, yes these killers play it all out like a horror movie. They also in their own way parodied them to a degree. It is more of that humor you wouldn't expect & likely going over your head.

Ghost Face in general is an homage to slasher horror movies. Those make a ridiculous amount of money including bad ones I'm not kidding. Slasher for those that doesn't know is more centering around a particular killer. Sometimes there's more than one killer. How people dies compared to other types of horror movies in itself can be confusing to talk about.

I felt the real reason to go in that direction was because it simply worked the best to his original concept. Wes Craven has a lot of horror movies under his belt including a handful of Freddy movies. Ghost Face is one of his last major creations. Now I think about it, Scream series & New Nightmare in a way are similar movies.

Honestly I am happy to watch the original Scream growing up. Scary Movie left a huge impression on me during that period. I been around a few Ghost Face costumes in stores. I liked how one costume store essentially owns their own persona. A persona that anyone could wear. Essentially a mask among a mask if that makes any real sense.

Ghost Face is surprisingly original for his time. Also due to the fact, a real life crime directly inspired the original Scream movie further supports my view on it. A better way of viewing it, Michael, Freddy with several names. There's only one of them while anyone could be Ghost Face. I had my reasons for not considering Chucky for this.

Scream was also a success due to a move Craven was talked into doing from Drew Barrymore. She felt if her character died in the beginning, it would surprised more people among the first watch. I would say Craven manning up to do that, I have a lot of respect for that. I also liked the short parody in a Jay & Silent Bob movie.

Yeah Kevin Smith don't think I didn't know about that joke lol. They cameo in Scream 3 but later in their own movie Wes Craven himself cameos back. I don't know why both of those happened. I just felt well that's something about Ghost Face, people did not know. Ghost Face is much more than another slasher icon in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment