Friday, June 14, 2019

Top 10 One Minute Melee Season 6 Fights

I just need to confess why it took longer than usual to write this blog. I'm a huge OMM fan since I got into it a few years ago. A lot of recent gaming pushed me back. I still haven't done rewatched the entire season yet. I will be doing that as well as selecting my favorite ten fights of the season. I might comment on those that don't get picked for fun.

First let's talk about the fights for me that didn't make the cut. Now some of these I know a lot of people loves. But I have my reasons for putting this list together. Also I wanted to make sure to have a definitive list. I don't want to rush it out then be like hell no. So these are the fights I wish one or two changes could've made them a little bit better.

Aizen vs. Madara

Before anyone loses it over why this fight is here. Please let me explain since I got a lot to cover for just this fight. When I make these lists for each season of this show. I have a golden rule that states it must be in the season. Now I will allow rematches of those matches. But the fact we got two rounds with a third going to be in another season.

I felt I can't allow it for any lists. I will say the animation alone is truly impressive work. Everything about this episode is wow in every sense of the word. It's a shame it had to end on a cliff hanger. Also my other problem with this is how many fights takes place in that forest now? This is already getting ridiculous as well as difficult to keep track of.

Wolverine vs. Black Panther

Sure they do have a couple things in common but this was a strictly Marvel fight. I am a bigger fan of Wolverine but I wasn't upset how this played out. I felt both of them had more exciting opponents for this show. I am not saying I didn't enjoy it because I did. I just honestly wish they were facing someone else.

Goten vs. Boruto

Goten is alright except in GT where he sucks. Boruto to me is easily one of the worst characters ever. I am really not a fan of his father so you could imagine he got a son. Oh ok I like his mom but that's it. Clearly we got the battle of sons from legendary fighters. I felt this could be interesting. At the same time, even with stuff changed I still feel the same way.

Toph vs. Terra

This was a huge Death Battle request. I am surprised this happened on One Minute Melee instead. I'm not crazy about both characters. I do get both of them can manipulate parts of the Earth. Now that would entertaining to watch. I felt some major changes could've made this easily one of the best season openers ever.

Now onto the official Top 10 One Minute Melee Season 6 fights. Keep in mind, all of this is strictly my opinion alone. Yes I am a huge supporter of this show early on. I always believed it can constantly get better over time. Such an difficult concept done in ways you can't possibly imagine. That's also why I'm excited for making these lists.

10. Link vs. Cloud

One of many fights both Death Battle & One Minute Melee shares. Honestly the sprites could've been changed for a more intense looking battle. I do like how they chose to finish it. I can't help noticing Cloud didn't get to use some of his big moves. I wish some of those get use in a rematch. The story of it probably wasn't the best way of starting it either.

9. Undyne vs. Pearl

I am not a fan of either franchise. But even I can say the animation is amazing. We got two very different female characters. We get an unexpected draw although it did make sense to both their franchises. I am not holding that against them. I also liked how the fight got started. I kinda wish it could've gotten a little crazier than it actually did.

8. Slenderman vs. Enderman

WOW possibly the strangest fight since Master Hand taking on Polygon Man. Slenderman is a famous internet creepy pasta character. I believe Enderman is from Minecraft. I don't see many similarities between the two. I will say they had the balls to do a fight like this. Clearly had a strong horror impact that never took away from their goal.

7. Noctis vs. Zero

I am always happy for another great sword battle. I'm a bigger fan of Zero but I do like Noctis to some agree. Honestly I do prefer Zero's battle with Meta Knight more. There's a lot of great things making this just as rewatchable. I felt this was a great return for him. I would like to see a fight between a robot master against a maverick in the near future since it never been done before.

6. Ruby Rose vs. Spider-Man

This is sorta a bonus episode yet still counts as an actual episode in this season. Usually I leave off bonus episodes. I will say this is an unusual fight. I also got to say this was way better than I thought it was going to be. End of the day as random this fight seems, it worked incredibly well here. I just wanted a little more of it.

5. Sasuke vs. Riku

I'm not a fan of either franchise but damn this was a great fight. A lot of twists during one fight to keep it interesting. Personally as much I don't care for both of them, in a way they got my respect. I felt this fight is up there when compared to Sasuke fighting Ichigo. I do see why a lot of people wanted this particular fight.

4. Bowser vs. King Dedede

It's no secret they always given great episodes to Bowser. Including this episode, he won three times. I do see them constantly bringing him back. I do ask please consider someone like Sauron from The Lord of the Rings. Now that would be a truly epic battle for this show. Honestly I liked how everything was done since it's a follow up to the only army theme fight.

3. Rock & Terry vs. Ryu & Ken

I do like we get two on two fight. Just doing one on one can be difficult for a minute long fight. So I'm impressed they pulled off this style fight. I do see why these teams against each other. I felt it was a solid tag team action. Some twists that some may not see coming the first time watching. We do need more fights like this.

2. Kakashi vs. Aizawa

Damn it's great to see Kakashi again. This is a rather unique fight since they fought incredibly different. At least against Byakuya, some of their techniques were similar. In this case, they were very different people. I felt this was one of the better fights in that forest. I do see Kakashi coming back for more soon.

1. Yang vs. Bakugo

I knew this was likely going to get the top spot. I'm a huge fan of Yang, I'm not into the other show. But I will say Bakugo is awesome. This fight made perfect sense to do. Everything is done so incredibly well. I honestly can not criticize it, honestly it's that damn good. I really couldn't imagine them out doing this fight even if they tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment