Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Jessica Jones and The Defenders review

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, it's time to conclude my reviews of Netflix Marvel shows with the last two shows. Now I had a lot of stuff going on the last few days. But you will be getting an bonus unrelated long review blog to help make up for it. I actually got a lot to say on both of these. Keep in mind, all of this is strictly my opinion alone please.

1. Jessica Jones

WOW what to say about Jessica Jones? She is a private investigator that tries to help people. She comes off wrong on people that sometimes leads to some unpleasant moments. Jessica has a small amount of superhuman strength. I can say that with kindness since she does meet with two physically stronger characters.

What makes this one stand out more than Luke Cage or Iron Fist is you can tell how real things will get. The action doesn't get super ridiculous with some surprising moments especially late in seasons. Jessica has a heart that a lot of people doesn't understand. She was willing to do some illegal things at one point to help a serial killer from her step sister.

I will say just like Daredevil, all three seasons are worth thought out. If I had to pick a favorite season, it probably has to be season 3 but season 1 isn't far behind. She does reveal her view on things no matter how unpleasant it truly is. The action is great for the most part with great story telling.

Jessica Jones sticks closer to viewing things back the curtain direction. She is widely known for looking for people otherwise what has been asked of her. Malcolm ends up having the biggest character change out of everyone in these shows. I would go into details but it has a major spoiler for season 1 so I won't.

I do recommend checking this show out. It's a very different kind of superhero show that will caught you off guard. I'm not talking about the sex scenes either. Clearly some of the best writers worked on this show. It is a real shame this too got canceled. Jessica is fun to watch at times especially when you know something very bad about to happen.

2. The Defenders

The Defenders is a crossover show where most of the heroes without The Punisher teams up against The Hand. Including this show, that's three seasons overall covering The Hand. I have to be brutally honest here, This is one of the worst shows among them. They clearly had a difficult concept with shorter period of time to make.

Keep in mind, all the actors are among their own shows. Where a whole season goes up at a set date. This further made things worse for this show. Also not doing justice to an actress as great as Sigourney Weaver. The Hand itself was facing extinction at this point. I have to say this had the worst usages of plot twists among all these shows in my opinion.

They are temporary working together because all of them became targets of The Hand. Obviously this limits who they can trust. They do not call themselves a team or The Defenders at all. Basically this shouldn't count as a superhero team show since they do not officially become one. Now that's like X-Men had regular people with technology instead of mutants is just as much of an insult.

I really can't say much positive about this show at all. In fact, most of it is pure garbage to me. I do know a great deal about the comics. The fact they were forced to be even smaller scale while attempting this direction failed horribly. This is the shortest show in both number of seasons & episodes.

Now I will rank all their Netflix shows from worst to best. This could've taken a lot longer if I done this by seasons...

6. The Defenders
5. Iron Fist
4. Luke Cage
3. Jessica Jones
2. The Punisher
1.  Daredevil

No comments:

Post a Comment