Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The End of Xbox backward compatibility for Xbox One

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, recently Microsoft confirmed after adding a little over twenty games. They aren't adding anymore games. Keep in mind, they added over six hundred Xbox 360 games to become playable on Xbox One. There's still a lot of original Xbox games you can play as well. The best part is if you still own the discs, you can play them.


Microsoft already confirmed Xbox One games will be playable on the new console. Honestly how they went about doing such a feature. I am very happy they selected a lot of great games of all genres. In fact, if you couldn't buy newer games but still had older ones that are compatible. You already starting off with a collection.

I also like all you need is one update among putting the disc in. There you go, you can play whatever game you want. Sometimes you have to update them but those are mostly quick anyway. There's plenty of games I want to get to my Xbox One collection that I don't own. However there is a few problems that needs to be talked about.

First off, the cart system only works on Xbox One games. Just imagine if that also allowed older Xbox games too. You could have a huge purchase for Christmas or on your birthday. I am also bringing this up because a good number of these games has a lot of dlcs. Some of them does lack bundles or season passes.

Thus making the entire process of owning the full games a total wreck. Yes sometimes these said games get their prices lower for a limited time. I am happy to see that knowing they care about us fans. This also helps building up your gamer score fast. Another major problem I have is sometimes I check something on an app.

I come back to get some lag that usually doesn't last long. But for some people, believe it or not are very funny how they want their games. There's plenty of websites to tell you which games applies to this. A handful of them as of right now can only work through their disc. Besides that, there's so many franchises that are mostly presented in full.

I also liked how they have their own start up pictures. But I noticed in some of them like a few Sega games, their pictures wasn't done right. They did change how you can check your achievements through those games. Thankfully it will start which two buttons you need to press. Sometimes this could unpause your game depending how one of the buttons was pressed.

Obviously we got a lot of smaller size games that barely take any notable space up to a few giga bytes worth. Most of the controls works very similar to how they did on those consoles. I am very glad it's such a long list of games. I can't help feeling a few select ones aren't present. Well oh okay The Simpsons games on those consoles are made by different teams.

How the hell did not one Mortal Kombat game made it? I am so mind blown by this you couldn't imagine. Stuff like Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance did deserve to be play on Xbox One. Sadly that is no longer a possibility. Even a couple bad games like Too Human or Silent Hill HD Collection made it.

I will even go as far to say this works better than how PlayStation 2 did with PlayStation 1 games. Which is still one of my favorites to do so. Xbox One isn't selling well that kinda got me confuse for many reasons. You have plenty of games including Resident Evil - Code: Veronica X. Yes even that became playable on Xbox One.

Honestly the emulation is mostly solid. A very great selection of games to keep you busy for years. There isn't any shortage of them here. Even they stated about PlayStation Mini about what they're doing was way better. You bet it is better because Sony had questionable picks with the prices constantly going down.

The fact this thing had the potential to outsold Nintendo's but horribly failed at it is also mind blowing. PlayStation 1 is one of the absolute best game consoles I ever played. Thank god, Microsoft put a lot of thought into this concept. I am proud to be mostly an Xbox gamer for a long time. I can safely say if the next console does a similar concept to this.

Chances are, I believe it will put a notable impact on gaming in general. I really thought that would happen here. This is almost as weird as PS2 out selling out of it's competition by a large amount. I will say Xbox One is better in many ways to PS4. In the long run, I wouldn't be surprised it out lasts most PS4 consoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment