Wednesday, March 8, 2017

X-Men Movie reviews Part 1 (Original Trilogy)

Before I start talk about X-Men movies, I will not be reviewing Deadpool. They have it set up similar to most of the X-Men movies. It is only fair I will wait until the end of that series to review them. If I were to include the first Deadpool movie. It easily would be the best X-Men movie overall.

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, X-Men has always been one of my favorite super hero teams. I really came to respect the message most things X-Men is sending. Simply because you are different doesn't mean you should let people tear you away. Of course some of this could be seem as sexism possibly racism. I don't support scenes similar to those themes at all. I meant everyone has a gift despite their appearance. This is exactly why I will be kicking off reviewing every X-Men movie to date.

1. X-Men (2000)

I am just going to come right out of the gate to say this is the best of the original trilogy. This movie was surprisingly an great take on the concept. Sure there are several things I could criticize but it was still a great movie. A lot of great actors including Hugh Jackman as Wolverine works just like a great pair of gloves for an skilled surgeon. The plot is Magneto creating an weapon to quickly wipe out humanity. X-Men do learn about this to stop Magneto from killing possibly millions to billions of people. I felt out of the original trilogy this stayed the closest to the comics in many areas. I am still impressed about how much I like this movie.

2. X2: X-Men United (2003)

X2: X-Men United is a good sequel for what it is. This is the kind of X-Men story that truly shows how wrong all sides are about each other. I felt there are more great parts in this movie than the previous one. But the way they went about the story especially near the end is the main reason why it's so mixed among fans. Lady Deathstrike wasn't even close to who she was in the comics. I do like they reveal more about the school Professor Xavier is running. This time Magneto is sorta neutral as he's only for himself. I am not try to spoil the movie by revealing that but as an X-Men fan. By now some of you should already seen that coming miles away. The plot is an high ranking soldier named Stryker comes up with an plan to kill all mutants. Unfortunately his plan gets reversed to target everybody else instead late in the movie. There is no question Professor Xavier could easily kill everyone without lifting an finger. Of course I was happy to see Nightcrawler but he was portrayed okay. I would say the cast was put to better use in the previous movie.

3. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Possibly one of the absolute worst Marvel movies I ever seen. This is hilariously so bad that I'm amazed it got released. X-Men: The Last Stand ruined one of the greatest X-Men story lines in history. Everyone was excited to see them attempt Phoenix, one of the most powerful beings. Sadly the way they went about really damaged the entire movie to the point of no return. Instead of an powerful intergalactic being possessing Jean Grey in the comics. They gave her an multiple personality with uncontrollable rage. I am not kidding a good amount of this movie is built on this. Even Professor Xavier got killed early on that really piss a lot of people off including myself. They ruined a lot of mutants but no body got hit harder than Juggernaut. Yes as in I'm the Juggernaut bitch Juggernaut. They just made him some powerful Bane without an mind character. In the comics an being gave him powers of an god to transform him into an avatar of destruction. I will be honest I don't like a single scene in this movie at all. This was clearly made to cash on the franchise without any real care & it really showed. This movie is not just an insult to both X-Men & Marvel but to us the fans too. Please avoid this movie at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment