Tuesday, May 26, 2020

My thoughts on Dead by Daylight Chapter 16: Silent Hill reveal

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, before I get to the topic at hand here. I wanted to give a quick look back where my head was at prior to the actual announcement. Early on, I thought it might've been ChromeSkull from Laid to Rest series. Then I went mostly towards Dracula & Pinhead respectively closer to that reveal.



I was very mind blown Chapter 16 turned out to be a crossover with Silent Hill series. I felt they chosen one of the best choices for a survivor. Hands down , they went with the perfect killer from that universe. My personal favorite Silent Hill monster of all time. Pyramid Head is truly terrifying for those who haven't been around Silent Hill games or seen both Silent Hill movies.

Cheryl Mason is clearly the character following the ending of Silent Hill 3 when she chose to be called Cheryl again. Pyramid Head is a little more mysterious. He used to be the executioner of the town of Silent Hill. This creature became virtually like a darker version of Judge Dredd. In the regard of he acts solely as judge, jury and executioner of your sins.

Cheryl originally was a little girl that went missing in the town of Silent Hill. She turned out to be Harry Mason's adopted daughter. She also turned out to be connected to another character often seen as a god named Alessa Gillespie. Her past can be a bit confusing to undercover. Now how I truly felt about this reveal.

I was deeply not expecting they would actually bring Silent Hill into this. I also didn't know in Japan, the publisher of Dead by Daylight was in fact Konami. Pyramid Head is a ruthless killer that can kill you very easily. His great knife is heavier than a car making his weapon technically the heaviest in the game.

His signature weapon is one of the most popular in horror video games ever. This creature has a deep concept that sadly Konami doesn't know how to use properly. They kept using it in questionable ways. I would even dare to say the movies used the character better. Pyramid Head comes from another plain of existence.

He technically would be a cenobite from Hellraiser universe. I can actually reference a great point that one of the endings in Silent Hill: Homecoming. Alex gets forced into becoming an Pyramid Head. This isn't that different from being an cenobite in that universe. I also loved how they choice to make more powerful than ever in a way that makes sense.

Pyramid Head is a durable being that has a lot stronger than he appears to be. I am very happy they chosen his original SH2 appearance as his default look. I wouldn't mine seeing his movie look getting into the movie in some form. I felt just looking at him would bring out fear in people. The additional stuff he's getting here would make him one of the strongest killers in the game.

I felt Cheryl surviving two games with Harry trying to find her most of SH1 is still more than most protagonists in that franchise. I felt she had the deepest secret out of them all. Not to mention, they might allow some of her alternate outfits that aren't copy right easter egg of gaming magazines. I do think she was a great choice considering how SH3 was difficult mentally for her.

Let's be honest, we needed more psychological brought into Dead by Daylight. But done in a different way meaning Silent Hill was a great choice. I knew when Resident Evil: Resistance's release, no one from Resident Evil series was coming. I figured in their minds, if we couldn't get the king of survival horror.

:Let's go for their biggest rival, Silent Hill instead. Personally, the fact when this chapter officially gets released. Once again, both those franchises are going against each other just like the old days. Pyramid Head having an alternative method of capturing survivors is already crazy enough. I just found out, he also has two different moris too.

He is the first of a particular type of killers that can directly alter parts of the map. Just enough making it difficult to escape even at a distance. I felt this chapter is going to be very worthy indeed. I couldn't pick a better horror game license that matches perfectly with parts of Dead by Daylight. Honestly, I am very excited to see both of them coming to this amazing game.

Bonus a meme I made a few hours after the announcement. But I thought of it during this live stream. I just hope you do laugh or at least understand how I'm viewing it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment