Sunday, December 23, 2018

My thoughts on Death Battle: Thanos vs. Darkseid

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I been busy the last few days. But yes I seen the season 5 finale of Death Battle several times. Usually I wouldn't go out of my way to describe my thoughts but this is a special case. Not because I picked the winner or I think I'm better than people. Deep down I really feel the opposite truthfully.

I wanted to explain what I liked and disliked about this particular episode. I will try not go much longer than necessary or ignore several factors entirely. I really want to show my respect towards ScrewAttack. This had to be one of the most difficult fights they ever pulled off. Honestly I can care less who won or the fact it was more of a stomp than a great fight that could go either way.


I predicted Darkseid could easily win this fight. Obviously Death Battle didn't want to disappoint on delivering a truly epic fight. Of course there was a few things I didn't know around the time I wrote my blog. I actually found more on Darkseid with help from a friend. Let me just say some of the really ridiculous stuff Darkseid ever done didn't get mentioned.

One time he nearly destroyed Doctor Fate & Nabu on his own. By pure luck they were able to escape. The fact some of his most powerful artifacts didn't do much to him is impressive. I also found more direct details on True Darkseid. They made a very good argument about his very existence would destroy the entire multiverse.

He does exist outside the multiverse possibly meaning he can survive such a powerful explosion. Obviously Thanos would be lucky to survive one universe explosion. I know what some people are saying relating to this fight. How would it play out if Thanos was given the Heart of the Universe instead of the Infinity Gauntlet?

I just stated True Darkseid exists outside the multiverse. It is possible Thanos can't do anything to True Darkseid at all. Also Darkseid did destroy a green lantern ring that's capable of creating anything through sheer will. If he could destroy that as well as some of Doctor Fate's artifacts. Then I am sure he wouldn't even need his temporary overpowered state.

You heard me correctly there was a time The Source was absorbing the new god's souls. Darkseid absorbed just enough to overpowered The Source. Keep in mind, The Source is really high on the power scale of being multiversal. I believe this happened through one of Darkseid's avatar but still impressive.

Right there that's two great reasons why Thanos would lose with the Heart of the Universe. I guess I should explain exactly what this artifact is to those that don't know. Imagine a mystical box that's virtually infinity times that of the Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos got this artifact during a non canon story. It also turns out The One Above All aka Marvel's God created this thing.

Yeah you thought the Infinity Gauntlet was ridiculous, the Heart of the Universe can do the same exact thing on the entire multiverse. Although this would make their fight a little longer. Darkseid still has many options to win. As stated in my blog, he has two ways of erasing people out of existence.

Another way was already done on Death Battle being the Omega Sanction. Imagine the movie Groundhog Day but every time it repeats following your death. It keeps getting worse basically a better describe would be. Imagine a personal Hell but instead of punishing you by reliving the same events repeatedly.

Darkseid would alter it every single time thus you can't even prepare at all. I think Death Battle said it best, the Omega Sanction is virtually endless death. You simply are trapped in an alternate reality doomed to die with no end in sight. Keep you believe the legendary Batman is one of the select few Darkseid has done this to.

Darkseid also could fight Thanos until he isn't able to do anything. Of course this could take awhile but Darkseid doesn't even need to fight back if he chose to. Hell he could easily overpowered Thanos in record time. I should mention the original Infinity Gauntlet got destroyed by the Living Tribunal. Whose clearly on a multiversal level.

It is likely someone as powerful as Darkseid could easily destroy either artifacts with no problem. Darkseid does have a lot more experience greatly trumping Thanos by such a huge amount. Another weird possibility is Darkseid uses the Omega Beams to temporary disable his powers or alter him altogether.

For example he could have it to where you can't use his particular skills at all. Thanos has no real counter to any of these possibilities. I really don't want to sell Thanos short. He clearly is close at being universal level. You could even say for a being that isn't a cosmic being or a god. He is as powerful one could be.

The problem is most of Darkseid's avatar are universal levels. A rare few of his avatars are much more powerful than that. True Darkseid himself is on a multiversal level. Which means even if I didn't even compare True Darkseid's power to Thanos. There's a still clear difference in their power class.

Also there is another thing a lot of people didn't even consider for this fight. I am basically combining two reasons together here. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet defeated even the most powerful beings in his universe. But he was only able to do so because that Infinity Gauntlet was in the right universe. Sure some of them are considered multiversal level.

There does exist proof every universe has their own variation of all the cosmic beings. Which means for Thanos to do that on a multiversal scale, he would need the Heart of the Universe. Hell in the same non canon story, The One Above All actually allowed Thanos to absorb the Living Tribunal. Of course this story stayed in one universe.

Even after he defeated the cosmic beings. He temporary became the new Eternity. The reason why this was so short lived was because his soul left his body leaving it vulnerable. Thus one of his adopted daughters stolen the Infinity Gauntlet to quickly undone Thanos has done. Darkseid obviously can't be manipulated like that for many reasons.

This also means Thanos has more than enough ways to lose the Infinity Gauntlet or at least it's powers. Darkseid once took on the entire Justice League going all out. He clearly was fine from all of those attacks. Clearly even one avatar of his could seriously tank damage as shown in the actual fight. I have requested this fight so many times through out the years.

I know I took a long time fully breaking this fight down that wasn't even in my prediction blog. Sorry you had to wait to hear my thoughts on the actual episode. I felt this episode was almost perfect. It was very good even for a season finale. In fact it was so good that my minor complaint was Deadpool himself.

Not because he appears in the episode a few times. I just prefer the other voice actor that did him twice on the show more. I never said he wasn't funny but he was lol. The actual 3D animation battle was mind blowing. This was similar to a lot of times I imagine these two going at it. End of the day I do see many reasons why so many wanted this fight.

Obviously they're each other's counterpart in the other comic book multiverse with very strong similarities. Even Thanos without artifacts has some impressive feats. They were incredibly different making this a truly exciting battle. Thanos was more let's fight kind of guy while Darkseid will do whatever he feels like.

I am not calling Darkseid lazy or not willing to fight. OMG he really can dish out some ridiculous stuff. I already figured Thanos' ego was going to cost him his life. He never backs down from challenging a god. Let's be honest these two are very impressive comic book villains in their own right.

I felt this fight could hold it's own against many fights done online especially other 3D animation fights. Which for some reason chose to use Thanos from the new Avengers movie. Darkseid was more than enough for who or whatever he faces. Sure there was the time Doomsday defeated him quickly.

Although that avatar was in a weakened state. This fight was really worth the waiting ScrewAttack. I wouldn't even surprised if Galactus vs. Unicron plays out the same. Which brings me to a request I'm noticing shortly after this episode became public. I been noticing requests for Galactus vs. The Anti-Monitor.

This section covers Galactus vs. Unicron & The Anti-Monior fights.

Before I even go into that one, a lot of you are already aware they confirmed Galactus vs. Unicron right? Well it doesn't matter because both fights will essentially play out the same. Both Unicron & The Anti-Monitor are multiversal beings capable of traveling to any universe at all. On the other hand, Galactus is more a universal being that's restricted to one universe.

Yes I know what a lot of people are going to say. Doesn't Galactus have the Ultimate Nullifier? Yes but no matter what he does with it can't actually affect Unicron or The Anti-Monitor. The reason behind that are very different. Unicron is a multiversal god while The Anti-Monitor destroyed thousands of universes.

Every time he destroys one a very rare energy appears. Which he absorbs increasing his already insane level of power permanently. Simply by doing this won't actually affect The Anti-Monitor. Also Galactus has never been shown at full power in any canon. We have some tips of how truly powerful he is at full power.

Most of what we do is a greatly weakened Galactus that's still among the most powerful cosmic beings. His very existence requires the life force of planets that can't be gathered by destroying it outright. For Unicron, he simply feeds on cosmic energy the very thing Galactus is the host of. He also gets his insane power from Chaos itself.

Thankfully due to Shuma-Gorath's existence, this very concept of a god being powered by chaos in the multiverse can be considered for their fight. Obviously this doesn't apply to The Anti-Monitor. Even he has too many powers Galactus can't handle. One time he defeated Darkseid despite being weakened.

Clearly both Unicron & The Anti-Monitor are powerful enough to destroy the Ultimate Nullfier. Yes I know I already wrote a prediction blog with Galactus vs. Unicron. But some of those points do apply to The Anti-Monitor as well. Galactus would simply being powering Unicron up for using cosmic energy making him quickly too powerful for him to handle.

Galactus has no real way of stopping chaos in the multiverse actually no one can do that. So even if he were to avoid using attacks with cosmic energy, he still will lose this fight. In The Anti-Monitor's case he already at full power at start of this fight. Considering we still don't know the exact number of universes he destroyed.

The best possible conclusion to this has to be The Anti-Monitor is infinity times more powerful than Galactus. Sure there was one time Galactus took down one of the Celestials. They quickly combined into one to own Galactus shortly afterwards. They are higher up on the overall power scale meaning there is a limit of beings Galactus can't win against.

This also means The Anti-Monitor is very likely to overpowered him often in this fight. He might get a break from Unicron if he is lucky. I highly doubt he would let him survive the encounter. It is very safe to say The Anti-Monitor vs. Unicron would've been a much better epic fight. Galactus has some major flaws preventing him from winning against both of them.

I should mention both Unicron & The Anti-Monitor trump Galactus in experience too. Even if I took the time to compare their absolute best feats. Galactus has a long history of relying on his servants while both of his opponents aren't afraid to take on anything. Galactus does require planet life forces to survive otherwise he dies which this was decided by the cosmic beings themselves.

This by itself means Galactus isn't technically a god. Although he has stronger god like qualities than someone like Thanos. I think the absolute best way to describe both fights perfectly is no matter what Galactus does. He won't be able to do any real damage while wasting his very life away literately. Neither of them are restricted to the multiverse structure making his most powerful weapon completely useless.

Keep in mind, I didn't even need to bring up Imperiex. A being stated to wield the power of the Big Bang itself. Yes a force so powerful it can destroy or create universes with ease. Clearly Galactus haven't even come close to that level of force tanking. All three of them would easily defeat Galactus similar to how Darkseid defeated Thanos.

No comments:

Post a Comment