Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Jack Red reviews Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I want to review a game I noticed on and off recently. Closer to getting ready for this review I found out it was also on Xbox One & PS4. I'm talking about Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator. A different kind of fighting game because instead of punching or driving around vehicles with weapons.

This game is heavily centered around coming up with insults. Surprisingly this quickly becomes addicting the more you play. More surprising is most versions has two guest characters while there's a third guest character exclusive to PC version. Very recently I got every character & beaten Tournament mode with every single character.


Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator is a short game of five levels. Each one has a different situation you could use to your advantage or your opponent likely will. Trust me some of these insults go from not being funny to hilarious. Let me explain how you play the actual game. Every level has the same intro conversation every time you play.

The only notable change from time to time is who says what will be different. For example you could play the pet store level being the one complaining about a die bird. The next time you could be playing has you on the other end of the conversation. In the middle of the screen briefly will give you hints that may help you out.

Mostly in the middle of the screen is a list of people/things to insults. Yes you can go a short route or take a huge risk to make your insult very long. Keep in mind by selecting (...) you are holding off. If your character confirms it before your opponent then it is safe. However if your opponent goes after you decide that.

There is a slight chance they could do a combo that could cause you to loss your insult you had building up. Also you get no points for incomplete insults. I think some of the high lights is the hidden exclusive insults. A couple of them are shared among most characters. But the insults I'm dying to talk about only those characters gets to say.

I would say two of the funniest characters out of them all is Lo Wang & The Postal Dude. I would also say H. P. Lovecraft does come close. Considering I bought games that are similar inspired or based on his work. I was very surprised to learn the author was a playable character. You can unlock almost everything through beating Tournament mode with many characters.

According to the game, there's only four secret characters which three of them are guest characters. The final secret character is Father whose a clear parody of God from Bruce Almighty. Sure the difficulty can be a little repetitive but thankfully you quickly get use to it. I also like all three guest characters are voiced by the same guys that voiced them in their respective series.

I should mention this is the newer reboot Lo Wang. Personally I would've given this game a higher score if they would've used the classic Lo Wang instead. Before I get any newer Shadow Warrior fans upset. My computer has trouble playing both of them. I can't judge them as of right now. Maybe with a new computer with some free time I could.

Besides that I do actually like the new Lo Wang. I just wasn't crazy about the stories he's in. Sure there wasn't much of a story in the classic Shadow Warrior & it's expansions. At least Lo Wang was entertaining saying a lot of lines mirroring characters like Duke Nukem & Caleb. The point is I have more of a connection with the original Shadow Warrior game.

Even I confessed I couldn't play it without codes but I still love the character. The Postal Dude can be a little confusing to unlock. How I got unlock him was by playing a couple local multiplayer matches. This also helps you get Serious Sam. I will say Serious Sam has some of the most unexpected lines out of everyone.

One of his hidden lines is a direct insult to the game's writers. I do like making insults with an alien hamburger lol. There isn't much of a difference being another character. The only real notable difference except lines is Father has an additional health bar. He technically has two of them but thankfully the first one is much weaker.

There is a mode to teach you how to play as well as insulting. Of course it took me hours to unlock everything in game. I just have nine achievements left to get. All of them are particular phrases you need to say. I do like how they blend the humor of the guest characters as well as H. P. Lovecraft in. Just knowing those characters are in the game I kept trying very hard.

Yes I had a few rage quits until I realized I was over thinking my insults. You could do a very long insult but not get a lot of points. Very likely due to not being funny or not exactly connecting them together. But it is possible to score around 50 to upper by doing that. Every character has a weakness other characters can use to do more damage.

Using insults that connects to the situation can help a little bit too. This is a rather unusual game in my collection. I actually needed more funny games. This game is dirt cheap on Steam as well on GOG. Eventually I will play the follow up for more laughs. I bought this with both versions of Postal 1, Postal movie, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter and Hatred.

I figured since it had The Postal Dude & his franchise except Postal III was on sell. Why not give this game a try. I can safely say I'm very glad I did. This game has some clever humor you won't expect. You could even say it's trolling oh lol. The matches aren't usually long but some matches I had against Father look noticeably longer.

I do need to mention if both characters lose all of their health. We get a bonus round where it is critical to not screw up. Even not properly using a line will automatically brings defeat. Believe it or not, only once I had Father do that. I actually wasn't planning on it at all. I thought at the time I was going to lose again.

Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator is a game of luck as well as taking chances. I was very lucky to beat Tournament mode without losing. Which you need to do in order to unlock Lo Wang. I guess he loves to live dangerously lol. I got to say for what it's worth I could see myself coming back to playing more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment