Friday, August 24, 2018

Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich review

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, yes I heard somewhat about a reboot Puppet Master movie. It is set in parallel universe where Andre Toulon was an Nazi. There are many clear differences between this movie and the main Puppet Master universe. So did I like it or hate it with an passion only one way to find out?

If you haven't seen this movie I recommend not continuing further down. Of course as a long time Puppet Master fan I wanted to check this movie out. I found some interesting things to talk about during my review of it.


Remember when they said Puppet Master: Axis Termination was going to be the bloodiest entry yet? Guess what this movie in my opinion topped the gore fest. One kill involves a puppet going inside an pregnant woman coming out of her belly with the baby. This is the most evil you will ever see of the puppets.

Some scenes, the puppets doesn't wait long before killing people. Like when some of them attempted to escape. The acting is one of the best among all Puppet Master movies. This is an incredibly dark entry like how Twisted Metal: Black was to that franchise. This movie in the back of my mind reminds me of Puppet Master 2.

There's a few more sex scenes than you would expect in a Puppet Master movie. Personally I am more surprised by how violent most of the kills were. A lot of characters stands out in this movie. These puppets are essentially Nazis themselves. This is interesting indirectly to the last three entries being against them.

I would say this has some of the absolute best effects in any Puppet Master movie. This movie may go a little slow at first but it really does pick up fast. This had some involvement with Full Moon unlike the unofficial crossover movie Syfy made. I do like the drawings of the puppets although they represented more of the classic versions.

There are a few major twists relating to the puppets themselves. Andre Toulon is now an undead zombie that's controlling the puppets through a strange small building with rods. Which means unlike most entries, these puppets are filled with electric instead of having a soul that requires a formula. Also there's a couple extra variations of puppets especially Blade.

My favorite Blade puppet was the one looking undead. Thank god Torch finally returns in a Puppet Master movie. He haven't directly appeared in a Puppet Master movie since Puppet Master 5. Now that would be almost twenty five years. I always been a huge fan of Torch since Puppet Master 2. I know Full Moon doesn't like not including him in several Puppet Master movies over budget reasons.

OMG Pinhead is really strong in this movie. Usually he is lucky to struggle a people for awhile. But in this movie he can rip a people's arm off and slam metal objects into people with no problem. I do need to mention Junior Fuhrer. I thought Kamikaze was offense but this wow I'm surprised it got allowed in the movie.

Considering most of the world knows about Hitler I don't even need to further discuss anything. One interesting fact Jester appears in most things Puppet Master. Yet in this movie he got replaced by Happy Amphibian. Some of these new puppets I do like especially Autogyro hey R.O.B. lol. The big twist is most of these puppets were brought in by the visitors of this hotel during a convention.

This is covering murders that were committed by Toulon. Not even the movie stats how many puppets were created by him. By now you should know a great deal about the movie. These puppets have a rather interesting look. Usually I don't support most horror movie reboots but this is an exception.

I honestly hope they would allow them to make a follow up. Seriously this is exactly what the franchise needed. We don't even know if Full Moon plans on making anymore Puppet Master movies. I will say this is one of my favorite entries in the franchise. This movie is well done and surprisingly got allowed in the theaters.

They haven't done that since Puppet Master 5. This is a great Puppet Master movie. One of the best in the gore department with stuff they could cause people to throw up. I can see why Full Moon allowed this to be made. This is going to be a lot better than Child's Play remake please don't remind me. Honestly I am very impressed with everything in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment