Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Which animated sitcom show is funnier F Is for Family or Big Mouth?

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, this following animated sitcom comparison may come close to disgusting possibly offend people. I felt eventually I had to do this one for a few years now. F Is for Family vs Big Mouth. I am going to determine which animated sitcom show is funnier. Keep in mind, both these shows are Netflix shows yet allowed a lot of stuff.

Also for fairness reasons, I may reference Big Mouth's spin off show Human Resources. It will not be considered into this discussion. Now if the other animated show had a spin off, it could've been there. Otherwise, I wanna keep this strictly Big Mouth as possible. I will say I'm a huge fan of both shows. I already know the challenge awaiting me here.

Yes I am caught up on both shows with Season 5 for F Is for Family & Season 6 for Big Mouth respectively.

By the way, I always wanted to review Big Mouth.

Round 1: The Characters
F Is for Family heavily centers around a particular family, the Murphys. Big Mouth often switching between students in school. At times, the focus does switch to other people mostly family members. Of course, we gotta mention these creatures that represent several concepts. The most well known among them are the hormone monsters.

Both shows can be serious at times. There's plenty of funny moments including those you won't even see coming. F Is for Family sticks to human characters. Big Mouth centers more on the human side while Human Resources being more about the creature side. Big Mouth has more interesting points of view in comparison.

F Is for Family does share more direct focus on older characters. In vice versa, it's the exact opposite. Which does effect things in several ways. It may even come down to personal tastes, I say everyone is different. The characters in one show might be more interesting to you or at least more surprising. There's a good amount of characters on both shows.

I am going to be honest, F Is for Family is the more serious show. But Big Mouth does have some amazing jokes. Characters like Maury or Connie really steals the show too. There's a few notably funny characters in F Is for Family too. Honestly, I have to give it to Big Mouth because the characters are more rememberable in comparison.

I do wanna point out the cast on both shows does a great job.

Winner: Big Mouth

Round 2: General Themes
I should point out this is where I'm mostly likely going to hit the limit with some people. Racism is a bigger issue in F Is for Family. Sexism is still notable there but plays more into Big Mouth. Also, neither show tones down the unpleasantness at times. Either when things gets disgusting or people gets killed. Death is more a notable issue in F Is for Family.

F Is for Family sorta like King of the Hill that's more difunctional with offensive stuff. Big Mouth is sorta like Family Guy in a degree with the random jokes the Hormone Monsters does at times. Also the show plays more on imagination too. F Is for Family is a show that may be somewhat over board offending people.

F Is for Family ends up being more directly a family show. It's not often when the family fully comes together. Big Mouth centers on a few students in all kind of situations. Especially including drama, girls dealing with their periods and relationships. They also get thrown in situations that may only exist on the show I'm not kidding.

Of course, both shows has their fair share of sexual content. F Is for Family has some sex scenes. A lot of Big Mouth characters are notably horny. Especially Andrew is like a frickin' horny devil. It's one of the most recurring aspects of Big Mouth. Both shows do have some truly mess up moments as well, some I may not say very much on.

I felt both shows can be relatable to people in different ways. Yes at times, parts of the shows does focus on family problems. On one hand, you are going to be someone in the Murphys in some way. But on the other, you are very likely to be exactly like any Big Mouth character. Which is a major factor why the jokes land the way they do.

Winner: Big Mouth

Round 3: Locations
Places like schools and their homes is among the most recurring settings. Of course, they do throw out locations as the show goes on. To me, Big Mouth has more notable out of state locations in comparison. Big Mouth shows several homes with one character living in between her parents. She has two homes with one of her parents present.

Also parts of Big Mouth takes place in another plain of existence. So we get to see life from both sides often. I kinda felt this is an easy win for Big Mouth. They offer more notable locations in comparison. Honestly, F Is for Family shows mostly places within one state. A lot of similar shows do that but Big Mouth found a way to spice that up.

The same also can be said about other good examples. Such as Futurama, Rick & Morty and South Park respectively. I will say this in turns of which settings seems more realistic. F Is for Family gives points for that. Other than that, I felt Big Mouth goes the extra mile for it's locations. Thus, it is quite clear which animated sitcom show actually funnier.

Winner: Big Mouth

Conclusion
I do respect F Is for Family, Big Mouth has a lot going for it. Big Mouth is surprisingly hilarious, harder to predict, more unique and ends up being incredibly refreshing for an animated sitcom show. I do think F Is for Family does stand out in it's own way. I just felt the offensive jokes alone may hurt it's chances. I am not going to lie, some of them are so offensive people would get very upset over it.

Big Mouth is either a show perfect for teens today or older people who remembers their past to a degree. It felt like a show anyone could enjoy. Big Mouth has some of the best jokes I ever seen in animated sitcom shows to date. To me, F Is for Family somehow brings in mess up humor during serious moments.

If that's your kind of humor go for it. Big Mouth is more of a variety in how the show gets people to laugh hard. The characters are truly rememberable. The locations just stands out a bit more than those of F Is for Family. I know how some people may view the comparison. I personally didn't expect it to play out the way it did.

Hands down the funnier animated sitcom show is Big Mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment