Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Post Halloween Blog my thoughts on AVGN: Doom episode

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, originally I planned on reviewing the Netflix show Big Mouth. Due to stuff on my end, I decided to discuss something that's easier but in a few ways more fun. Very late October, the web show The Angry Video Game Nerd came out with this year's Halloween AVGN episode. Of course, he had to do an entire episode on Doom!!!

AVGN: Doom episode
In some aspects you easily could see this as an review. I'm a huge Doom fan myself, I quickly got excited for this episode. It also was the period I started wondering what's going on Cinemassacre's Monster Madness. Regardless, Rolfe knocked it out the park here in every sense of the word. Not too long ago, I previously had an discussion on Halloween AVGN episodes.

In a way, I'll continuing off of that here. AVGN: Doom had some great jokes none of them felt flat for me. He tried playing Doom off of Commodore 64 but it never happens. After a sadist deal for his soul, he got to play Doom alright. A lot of versions of the same game. Of course, he had to bring up a lot of unofficial ports you won't believe actually exists.

Cinemassacre on Twitter asked people which Doom port was their favorite. I threw in a joke within my reply. "What's next you can play Doom off an toilet?" Surprisingly, Rolfe went out of his way to make a very video on that joke. I did check all the comments, I was the only person who threw in such a joke. Don't worry I will link the video itself down below...


On and off, I been throwing Halloween Ends under the bus. I don't link some of my memes except for my newest one. I think a lot of people after seeing both of them will quickly agree with the meme. In all honestly, that movie was a huge disappointment. In vice versa, I was deeply impressed by AVGN: Doom episode.


The special effects on the most disgusting joke in the episode was done amazingly well too. To me, parts of the episode is sorta similar to AVGN: Spawn minus additional characters. AVGN: Doom even had some unofficial ports made for the episode too. There's no question, people are so obsessed with Doom it's ridiculous.

I'm even surprised John Romero, a member on the original Doom/Wolfenstein 3D/Quake team cameo in this. The Nerd plays a lot of versions in the episode. I would say this is hands down one of my favorite Halloween AVGN episodes ever. Not only he does the episode justice but some of the funniest jokes in an Halloween episode yet.

Honestly, Rolfe took extra time delivering such a great Halloween episode. I only have a small criticism, remember back in his Castlevania episode marathon he's done a couple years ago? There he made a short composite clip show out of previous AVGN Castlevania references. I was kinda hoping he was going to do the same with Doom.

You know you done a great job if I only can pick on one small issue. AVGN: Doom is incredibly satisfying, very easy to rewatch. Stuff like this, greatly made up for Halloween Ends. Along with The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror episodes. Halloween AVGN episodes are also an Halloween tradition I been doing for a long time now.

Of course, I was dying to see what he had planned for an Halloween episode. This also could mean we may get Doom Rip Offs episode. If you recall, he previously done Mortal Kombat Rip Offs episode. Which I strongly felt was a great episode. The problem here is so many games copied Doom in some way making a short list of the absolute worst Doom clones a huge chore.

AVGN: Doom even went out of it's way to recreate Doom. I know I'm about to say something some may not like. Here it goes, as much I loved Doom with The Rock recreated Doom style game play late in the movie. I felt The Nerd getting geared up then killing things worked even better. Of course, killing off Romero is a rather tough act to follow.

I promise when things slows down on my end, you may have your Big Mouth review. Right now that review is on hold but I will try to make the actual review interesting to read.

One last meme for the road, I also made this AVGN meme too.

No comments:

Post a Comment