Thursday, November 3, 2022

Big Mouth review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today I get to talk about one of my favorite adult animated sitcom shows on Netflix. Big Mouth, don't worry I mostly got positive things to say about the show. Easily one of the most talked Netflix shows ever. I felt even going the distance with the show won't do the show enough justice.

Current season of this review is season 6.

Big Mouth (2017-present)
A good amount of the show centers on students at a school. Some parts takes place in another plain of existence where creatures representing concepts especially emotional ones came from. I'm not going to lie, this has to be the single most perverted show I have ever seen. There's so many sex jokes you will be mind blown.

I strongly felt the cast is very solid even after replacing Missy's voice actress. This is a topic that easily can be taken out of context. If you recall people wanted actors of their race voicing those characters. Which heavily affected The Simpsons. Big Mouth is very self aware it's an Netflix show. It reminds me of The Simpsons doing that with the channel Fox for years.

Although every season so far is what may considers to be a little on the short side. I actually felt they're just perfect in length. Even I say sometimes after finishing an season with my amazing wife. I still want to watch more of it, I absolutely love this show. There's plenty of incredibly mess up moments too. I think the best way to describe some of those.

Imagine the worst of those thoughts, now all of a sudden you got virtually seconds to attempt understanding. What the hell is going on? A good amount of those will most play out during that period. Of course, some of the longer, mess up moments will take a while but not too long to ruin an episode. There's a lot of rememberable characters too.

We have Andrew easily the most horny character. Somehow he can make anything into something he gets off at. At the same time, he finds ways to keep getting his equipment to work beyond his limits. We also have Nick whose directly based on the creator of this show. He also voices a few characters on the show including Nick.

This show heavily plays on imagination. Most of it is obviously some form of sexual fantasies. Big Mouth also doesn't hide from personal issues. There's also a few ghost characters including the Duke who lives in Nick's attic. Of course, you knew I have to talk about the hormone monsters. All the main hormone monsters are rememberable in their own right.

Like Rick is the oldest but also the dumbest among them. For a lot of people, their favorite hormone monster is Connie. I confess she's one of my favorite female characters on the show. But there's just something about Maury. No not the Maury show Maury lol. I will say I seen a good amount of animated sitcom shows over the years.

Big Mouth is one of the most constant shows in that genre. I also say it's among the funniest shows too. I'm sure someone is curious to know which other sitcom shows I would say really funny. American Dad!, Disnechantment, Rick & Morty and Family Guy respectively. I guess parts of the show Robot Chicken also count for that too.

This show delivers on the messages it's sending. The animation is mostly solid as well. Some episodes do change things up a bit too. I also gotta mention the Shame Wizard is one mess up character. When he works on the students, he gets rather unpleasant with people. Funny enough, his voice actor David Thewlis also played Professor Lupin in Harry Potter movies.

They also done a joke on the new president in the style of The Masked Singer. To clarify, small spoiler season 6 doesn't conclude the joke. This show heavily meant for the younger audience around middle school to high school. But some older fans reminding stuff from their past like school days may enjoy the show too.

Big Mouth is filled with great surprises. Not only that, I don't have any major criticisms either. I'm not saying it's a flawless sitcom show, eventually something going to happen. Until that happens, Big Mouth is a show I highly recommend. Some moments you may wanna turn your brain off to enjoy more.

The movie references I'm sure you won't see anywhere else. The show has some truly mess up references to the actor Sylvester Stallone. I also can say that about some of the situations that involves different plains of existence too. Big Mouth is very true to it's name. To be honest, I already previously discussed this reference from Treehouse of Horror 33.

A lot of people just doesn't realize how damn good this show can be at times. Just when you expect stuff, some episodes you don't know anything. They do make some references to the spin off show Human Resources. Of course, there's a lot of drama from that era too. Big Mouth brings in some concepts then somehow goes beyond level 11 with it, it's surprisingly good.

The other shows I mentioned, I may at later dates do their respective reviews. Honestly, you simply aren't living if you aren't watching stuff like Big Mouth. They nailed everything incredibly well. I felt there's not many animated sitcom shows that rivals it. Obviously with numerous reasons, my number #1 will always be The Simpsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment