Monday, March 22, 2021

Update on Sega Genesis Classics

 Hello everyone I'm Jack Red, I covered Sega Genesis Classics a couple of times. More recently, I gotten it again on Xbox One. Just within a few hours, I gotten every achievement. This is my second time doing that, I'm a huge Sega fan. There isn't much to discuss here. In fact, I am talking about what isn't here more.

Five Sega Genesis games aren't included in console versions as they follow down below...

1. Ecco the Dolphin

2. Ecco: The Tides

3. Ecco Jr.

4. Eternal Champions

5. Sonic 3 & Knuckles

This version doesn't have VR support either. Also no rom hack support meaning no altered versions or lost Genesis games to play. You only have one controller option as well. But trust me, for a console counterpart it's still good. Personally, I have more reason to care for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Some achievements will be a little harder since you can't use rom hack support for cheated versions. Although, most versions still allows you to get achievements with cheat codes. It is possible to do this within an day. Honestly, this is one of my favorite game compilations. But it just made the mark in a few key areas that the previous Genesis collection nailed perfectly.

Also parts of the emulation can be a little slow at times. Mostly getting them up at times but for the most part great. Clearly you are using the newer emulator. I made it clear, the older emulator that's exclusive to the PC version is way better. Everything else is virtually identical despite those major changes.

I do prefer the PC version but it's still fun to have on consoles. It's a shame Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection didn't make the cut though. Of course, I love Sega Genesis with an passion. I didn't mine owning this again sorry it took so long to finally get it on Xbox One. Other than that, you are guarantee to have a lot of fun regardless which games you play.

No comments:

Post a Comment