Sunday, April 28, 2019

Whose is more broken in granting wishes Calypso or Wishmaster?

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, For a long time I haven't seen characters that grant wishes as twisted as the characters I'm comparing today. In the left corner we have a sinister djinn named Wishmaster. In the right corner, his opponent from Twisted Metal series is the host himself Calypso. These two have granted some ridiculous wishes.

Today I will be comparing some of their most ridiculous possibly sickest wishes. Both of them are known for twisting wishes to kill the person or more for souls. I got to be honest this is going to be a fun topic. Two of the most twisted characters I ever heard of. There's so many wishes I have to look through for just one blog.

Warning some of the wishes I will be discussing will be terrifying to very difficult to take seriously. For those that makes anyone that reads this sick. I highly recommend you either leave to go do something else or get yourself a bag. Trust me this isn't going to be pleasant. As I'm writing this I'm not sure who granted a more ridiculous wish.

Now to keep this interesting I won't be considering wishes from III, 4 and Small Brawl. I felt even the worst of them isn't crazy enough to compete with Wishmaster.

Wishmaster aka Djinn


Calypso


Round 1
I wish I was never born vs. I wish everyone knows my face




This is a difficult one to start out with. On one hand we seen a man rapidly aging backwards. On the other we see a man getting his face stretched around the entire planet. Both of them are difficult to watch. I would have to give it to Calypso. As much it was painful to see that guy aging backwards. The fact Calypso is stretching a man's face around Earth breaks a lot more reality rules.

Winner: Calypso


Round 2
I wish that prevents the events of the movie vs. I wish that cause the apocalypse killing everyone



A wish that prevents everything that happened thus saving a lot of people. It is ridiculous Wishmaster even granted that wish. Then again this was the person that freed him. For those that free him gets three wishes instead of one. Mr. Grimm in the original timeline was the grim reaper aka Death. He became obsessed with devouring souls enough to wish for the apocalypse to happen.

Both of them breaks a lot of reality rules. The fact Calypso granted such a crazy wish gives him the edge. These wishes are essentially polar opposites. One prevents a lot of deaths while the other caused what was left of humanity to die out. I think unlike the last round this was too easy. I am giving the win to Calypso.

Winner: Calypso


Round 3
I wish an angel can help me vs. I wish for a world without the contest



Now this is more of a contest for sure. The person who freed the djinn wished for an angel to come help her. This angel possessed one of her friends while they're in a church. A police officer demands Calypso to end his contest that causes buildings to be destroyed with a huge body count. Calypso sent him in space instead.

On one hand, Wishmaster broke a few rules to just bringing an angel into the world of the living. But Calypso sent a cop in his car out in space without warning. Believe it or not, a few endings does connect to this one making it more ridiculous lol. As much I like the djinn summoned an angel knowing he would be against him, you can't compete with a wish like that.

Winner: Calypso


Round 4
Technically this wasn't a wish but she still dies from it vs. I wish to be the more attractive man




To clarify this lady was a friend of the one who freed him. They were just talking with no signs of I wish was involved. He touches her causing this lady to have the feeling of sex while going up on the wall. On the other hand this guy wishes to be the most attractive man in the world. Yeah this quickly gets crazy in a short period of time.

Both of them in their own right are ridiculous for different reasons. She clearly wasn't doing anything sexual at all. In fact she talked briefly about how she enjoys sex. Now for that guy's wish, women started showing up fast. It got to the point he couldn't move anymore being over whelm by them. I would say that's a more ridiculous wish since it caused women to essentially attack this guy.

Winner: Calypso


Round 5
I wish you go through me vs. I wish to make the tallest building in the world



Both of these are ridiculous for different reasons. This guard is one of the select few people in all of these movies to get more than one wish. He originally wished for him to leave. But quickly made a second wish he can twist. Where he gets transformed into glass then the djinn walks through him destroying the glass in the process.

This guy wanted to create the tallest building in the world possibly reaching space to some degree. He gets cocky to the point he falls all the way down to hit the ground. Possibly leading a world record in the process. He built this entire building by himself too. As much morphing someone into glass to walk through em to destroy them, this building as a whole ends up being more ridiculous.

There is another ending of his where his spirit wanted to be reborn to finish his dream. Obviously that didn't end well either. In that regard, it should be obvious I'm giving the win to Calypso again. The fact this building is very tall possibly reaching space bags a lot of questions. Such as how is he able to breath just fine being that high up in the sky or how the building remains stable when it usually wouldn't be?

Winner: Calypso


I really didn't expect this to be a blow out guys. I still had a lot of fun making this. I'm a huge fan of both these characters. You really need to be careful what you wish for. Honestly both of them have some ridiculous wishes as well as some terrible ones. In fact I could do a quick follow up of just those wishes just for fun.

I hope you guys had fun reading all of this. I am glad I finally wrote this it almost happened before. A lot was going on my end at the time. I do know most of their wishes by heart. Sorry it may not be as accurate as some would like it to be. Thank you guys so much for enjoying my work, it really means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment