Saturday, April 27, 2019

Bonus Friday the 13th: The Game vs. Dead by Daylight Comparison

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I made a few blogs related to both Friday the 13th: The Game & Dead by Daylight. Considering earlier this month, they added Ash to Dead by Daylight. I was surprised they put more effort than usual into his character. Honestly I figured with Tommy Jarvis in Friday the 13th: The Game, I should do a short bonus character comparison.

Tommy Jarvis (Friday the 13th: The Game) vs. Ash Williams (Dead by Daylight)
To clarify Thomas Matthews was the third actor to play the character. But he reprise his role in a fan film as well as the game. Bruce Campbell not only given his likeness. They allowed him to say a few lines among being selected. Most of Tommy's lines are in game. Obviously you have to buy for Ash in order to play as him.

To play as Tommy you or someone else must call him. Selected at randomly among those killed or escaped. Someone returns to the game as Tommy. His stats are maxed making him the best survivor to play as. He also has a nice bonus since you need him to kill Jason. This did make this process difficult to pull off.

Ash does bring some new perks to the game. One of them allows him to gain an extra hit. You can't customize Tommy at all not even his clothes. Unlike most licensed characters in Dead by Daylight, Ash can be customize. He has a few outfits with one major difference from everyone else. Instead of changing what characters wears on their heads, that option is meant for Ash's right hand.

Now the reason I didn't do a prior comparison just among the other licensed characters. I sorta already have in my bigger comparison blog. Also most of them didn't have likeness of their respective actors. They were all voiced by original actors for that game. It is true Ash doesn't come with his own map.

Tommy Jarvis can be a lot of fun to play as. You do need patience of a saint to get the full experience with him. Thankfully you will get most of that with Ash. I will say both actors looks great as the characters they're reprising for their representative games. I felt it is slightly more fun to be Ash. Now I know I need to bring something important up.

Ash was actually pulled from Ash vs. Evil Dead show that was essentially Evil Dead 4. Despite that, he was put to great use. Bruce Campbell played the character in four movies with one being a late cameo in Evil Dead remake. I got to be honest Ash comes off more of a little frustrating experience. Tommy does have max stats that does make up for not adding additional stuff to increase your chances.

At the same time, Ash could use perks from other characters & in vice versa. I think what really gives this a win to Ash is the puppet. Yes the puppet from a few episodes of the show is a very nice touch. You really can not go wrong with either game playing as those characters. Ash saying some great lines does spice things up prior to even playing the matches.

Winner: Ash (Dead by Daylight)


To clarify something I do need to say something out of respect. I do respect all original actors that didn't get involve with Dead by Daylight. Jamie Lee Curtis, Danny Glover, Nick Castle and Gunnar Hansen especially. I do felt their respective characters was done justice in Dead by Daylight. I also have to give some respect to Jackie Earle Haley.

Sure I wasn't a fan of A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 film. I still respected his take on the character. He is a great actor that does deserve more respect. Other than that I didn't want to cause any problems by doing what many would see as an unneeded comparison or worse. I am a huge fan of horror movies, of course any great game either being licensed or those with those characters. I'll likely be playing the hell out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment