Monday, April 1, 2019

The Walking Dead: The Final Season review

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I been waiting a long time for this. The conclusion to Telltale's The Walking Dead series. I took a chance back in season 1 to end up becoming a huge fan of their work. Man I got to say this will not be a negative review by any means. I also will try to keep stuff from being at least a small spoiler portions.


The Walking Dead: The Final Season is essentially season 4. Unlike previous seasons, this has four episodes. But also unlike them, the length of each episode is notably longer this time around. They took a page from The Wolf Among Us in terms of having collectibles. Let's be honest you simply play them regardless of what happens to guarantee getting every achievement/trophy.

I do like they were able to have more actual achievements in each of these episodes. OMG I was so worried when Telltale stated they stopped working. This led to some ugly truths as well as one confirmed lawsuit against them. Thankfully Skybound Games with the creator of The Walking Dead helped continue the development.

Basically they were finishing episode 2 at the time. It is very clear very soon they will fully go out of business. I do believe a lot of people will greatly be upset when that happens. What I'm trying to say is it's a miracle we get to fully experience this at all. In most cases, games get altered to become other games or morel likely canceled altogether.

I will say Clementine gives a truly amazing performance. I do like the first cover mirrors one from season 1 with her & Lee. By now a lot of people already know too much about the game. I still holding onto being true to my word to not give too much away. I will say this is the best Telltale game I ever played period.

I felt not only every decisions I made was important but you could explore more than any of the previous games. I know for some this is like The Last of Us which my wife being a huge fan of that. This game tells it's story hands down the best. Everything comes together more perfectly than I was even expecting.

I kid you not this game has plenty of moments that caught me off guard. More than it usually does honestly. This is essentially how point & click games needs to be. I would even say this is among the very best horror games I ever played. Keep in mind as I stated in another blog, I got The Walking Dead Collection free because I preordered this.

I don't usually preorder games with this being the second preorder I ever done. Yes before I preordered RE2 Remake. I noticed a pattern, all the games I preordered so far has zombies lol. I like they really made this it's own experience. For a final game in both the series & a company, this is a great game to go out on.

I love how they reference the previous games in many ways. Clementine started off as a little girl by herself to quickly befriend a man named Lee in most of season 1. From season 2, she is getting better at surviving. In season 3, she was more cautious of people while befriending a family. In this one, she completes her journey in a way I really shouldn't give any hints about.

Otherwise I could be ruining more than just this game in particular. Therefore I don't want to discredit them or you guys from fully experience this truly amazing series. Honestly I am huge I got to play it to the end. I was so amazed by all the hard work went into this one. I knew this was going to be able to stand out on it's own.

This is in my opinion as close to a perfect Walking Dead game you could possibly get. Yes I'm not going to hide it anymore, even season 1 can't compete with this. Everything about it makes the entire experience so great. Not only being able to replay any episodes is nice. I also like how they broken them all up to help giving you more of an idea how much is left.

This is chemistry at it's finest folks. The Walking Dead: The Final Season is the perfect conclusion to any game series. I rather have it end the way it was meant to than to simply keep going or rebooted/remade. This game puts so much great stuff in that I honestly can't say a real negative thing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment