Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Dead by Daylight Characters (From start to Ash vs. Evil Dead)

This will be a lengthy blog please take as many breaks as humanly possible. The last thing I want is the darkness consumes you from within.

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, Dead by Daylight will be adding characters until further notice. I recently came back to play with characters that came out since The Spirit. So I am so happy to return to my favorite online multiplayer game. I think it's time to discuss the characters in other ways from my previous blogs.

Unfortunately due to a few problems I can't discuss Bill from Left 4 Dead. I don't own the game on Steam. My main computer isn't able to properly play it. My new laptop still doesn't have Steam working on it. I hope in the near future I get the chance to play as him. Honestly he will be the only character left off this sorry Left 4 Dead fans.

I figured since I got so many characters to cover. I decided to talk about the survivors first. Then I will talk about the killers. I played with most of them enough to know what I'm going to say. I don't have enough interest to do a similar blog with Friday the 13th: The Game. I will be honest I am not crazy about the counselors at all.

1. Dwight Fairfield

Dwight is one of the original survivors in the game. I would say he is still one of the most well rounded survivors. I would say he is one of the easiest characters to learn. I highly recommend starting out with him at the beginning to get more of an idea how the game works. Dwight has some great stuff that can help out to avoid killers as well as saving people.

2. Meg Thomas

Meg is alright for the most part. She is still far from the worst among the survivors. She is meant more for trying to escape faster. But Meg can be a little tricky at start to learn. She works better after getting the great stuff. Meg is one of the faster survivors in the game. I would say she takes time getting use to.

3. Claudette Morel

A lot of people consider Claudette the best of the original survivors. By default she can heal others without a medic. She gets some great stuff to help keeping the team alive. Claudette has the potential of being one of the finest survivors in the game. Even not having much, Claudette can do a lot in a short amount of time.

4. Jake Park

Jake by default can take down hooks without having a toolbox. By giving him a toolbox increases the chances of taking them down or getting generators up. This makes him one of the best characters in the game. Jake is easily one of my favorites among the survivors for those reasons. Especially in a difficult match, Jake could be the game charger.

5. Nea Karlsson

Nea is better suited for moving around the killer in matches. She was introduced with what many considered to be the best killer. Her ability to move fast as well as other skills making avoiding killers easier. I would say if used right you can get everyone out alive. Nea has a lot of great things she can get too.

6. Laurie Strode (Halloween)

Hell yeah Laurie is hands down one of the absolute best survivors of the game. She gets stuff like decisive strike. Which allows you a chance to easily escape from the killer. But you could use it wrong or saving it for later. Even without that, Laurie usually gets to be the killer's obsession. She also has a skill that allows her to see the killer within a particular distance.

7. Ace Visconti

Believe it or not, I started out playing as Ace. He is one of the luck theme characters. This guy can easily get stuff done on himself if used correctly. Ace is indeed a wild card among the survivors. I would say he is one of my favorite survivors. Even without his better skills, you could do a lot with him in matches.

8. Feng Min

Feng is great with technology as well as being a competitor in gaming tournaments. Her skills increases the chances of getting generators up. I would say it is always nice to have her. She also gets some helpful skills to make surviving easier. She can notice the killer before they do. Feng is a personal recommendation from yours truly to play.

9. David King

David is more hands on kind of character. He is a great distraction character to help increasing the chances of survival. David has some great skills to prologue any match if used correctly. He also has more to offer then everybody realizes among the first look. I would say David works best as luring the killer away.

10. Quentin Smith (A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 movie)

Quention is another medic character that can easily awake characters from sleep. Of course that mostly applies to going up against Freddy. He is likely to find the exits quicker than everybody else. Like some characters, he can heal faster than others. Despite the movie he is from, Quentin ends up being a nice addition to the roster.

11. David Tapp (Saw)

In some canons, Detective Tapp was an obsessed detective that wants to put an end to the games. Sadly he doesn't make it but still offers a lot of great stuff in this game. Due to his driven nature, he works better for rituals. He also can heal himself faster than some survivors. I would say they chose the same character I would've for this game.

12. Kate Denson

Originally was going to appear with Leatherface. Later making her appearance with The Clown. Kate is difficult to track especially with the right stuff. She also can serve as a game charger. Her ability to hide scratches makes the killer losing track of her fast. Kate can easily escape in the worst situations possible.

13. Adam Francis

Adam is the very survivor to quickly get the killer's attention. He can get himself off the hook which most survivors need someone else's help to do that. Adam can adapt to skill checks quickly making him essential to master. This teacher isn't going to down without a fight. He also has some great skills to help against better killers.

14. Jeff Johansen

Jeff is one of the trickiest survivors for killers to track. He has skills to help him avoid killers especially with great stuff. I would say he is perfect for going for generators close by the killers. Jeff also can track down other survivors. This guy can easily escape from the worst situations possible. Honestly this guy may take some time getting use to but it's well worth every penny.

15. Jane Romero

Jane is a very well around character in the game. I would even say she could be the most even out in abilities based on stuff. Jane can easily hold her own against killers while saving the other survivors. One of the most driven characters in the game. Her ability to push on makes her incredibly tough for a survivor.

16. Ash Williams (Ash vs. Evil Dead)

The most recent survivor added as of early April. Ash from Evil Dead series is easily one of the most awesome survivors in any horror franchise. This guy has been through Hell many times. He also the only guest characters to be customize. This guy is one of the toughest survivors in terms of tanking damage. Funny enough Bruce Campbell allowed his likeness as well as voicing the character. Despite around the cancellation of Ash vs Evil Dead show, the actor stated he retired from playing Ash. In all honestly he is my favorite guest survivors even beating out Laurie.

Now it's time to talk about what stalks you for an entirely in darkness. The killers are mostly original characters too. But I do like how all of this works in a rather unusual way. I already made it clear I do prefer this over Friday the 13th. Just like the comparison blog, every killer brings something to the table.

1. Evan Macmillan aka The Trapper

The Trapper comes as close of them having Jason Voorhees in this game. He also some traits in common with him. True to his name, he does put down several bear traps. He is one of the easiest killers to master. The Trapper is also great for getting blood points. This guy has so much to offer even for being one of the original killers.

2. Philip Ojomo aka The Wraith

Sorry to upset those who may like this guy. I personally do not care for him. The Wraith moves around in two different ways. When invisible he can't damage generators, capture survivors or attack. He can do those after making himself visible to survivors. Even reading his back story I wasn't a fan of it.

3. Max Thompson Jr. aka The Hillbilly

There's an interesting story relating to this guy. Early on the team wanted Leatherface in the game. At the time they couldn't get him. They decided to create The Hillbilly in his place. Thus he shares as many things in common as The Trapper does with Jason. His ability to use the chainsaw is one of the coolest things I ever seen. This guy is well round enough to easily handle a group of survivors on his own.

4. Sally Smithson aka The Nurse

The Nurse is often regarded as one of the finest killers of the game. She can teleport even through parts of the map to land blows. She is also one of the most difficult killers to master. If used correctly she can easily take out a group of survivors in record time I'm not kidding. The Nurse has more unique stuff to make her a huge threat while playing as one of the survivors.

5. Michael Myers aka The Shape (Halloween)

Michael is hands down one of my favorite killers in this game. I'm a huge Halloween fan that loved the care they put into him. Especially the mistreatment of him in a Call of Duty game. Yes I'm calling you out Activision for doing that. Michael can easily guarantee hunting down survivors in record time too. I love instead of the usual music for stalking survivors, it plays his theme instead.

6. Lisa Sherwood aka The Hag

The Hag is great for gathering blood points. She can teleport around the map depending on the distance. This also allows her to surprise attack survivors when they at least expect it. I will be honest at first I wasn't crazy for her. I got to say I love playing as her for many reasons. She is one of the hardest to predict killers in the game.

7. Herman Carter aka The Doctor

I started on the killer side with this guy. The Doctor is a mad scientist that's all about madness. He is also the first killer to have two different attacks. I highly recommend using him if you want blood points fast. This guy really brings such an uniqueness to the game. The Doctor is hands down one of the most fun killers to play as in my opinion.

8. Anna aka The Huntress

The Huntress is clearly the constantly moving killer. She can strike you with an axe as well as throw several at survivors. Funny enough, lockers the common survivor hiding place is where she gets her axes from. She also hums a lullaby when she gets close to survivors. Her throwing axe ability is one of the most powerful attacks in the game.

9. Junior Sawyer aka The Cannibal (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

Leatherface does have some key differences from The Hillbilly. When he uses his chainsaw he can hold his charge. But you can't fully control the chainsaw attack after it's unleashed. Leatherface also makes his usual groans similar to his movies. He also has different skills from those of The Hillbilly. I would say using the hammer is easier but not as fun using the chainsaw.

10. Freddy Krueger aka The Nightmare (A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 movie)

A lot of people consider Freddy among the worst killers. Freddy remains in the dream world in the matches. He can't do anything to survivors until they fallen asleep. This does make him similar to The Spirit & The Wraith. When he gets close, parts of his song plays. To me, Freddy is one of the more interesting killers in the game. Sure you have to bring people into the dream world but he has a lot to offer. He can easily level the playing field if used correctly.

11. Amanda Young aka The Pig (Saw)

I already wasn't a fan of Amanda from Saw series. I will say I am glad they chose that appearance of hers. The Pig also adds a twist to the matches. She can put reverse bear traps on survivors. Thus forcing survivors to locate stations to remove the trap. However it is at random chosen which station will remove them. Which means you could be wasting your time doing one or two stations. At least you will gain some time. If you do not get them off in time, the trap will kill you.

12. Kenneth "Jeffrey Hawk" Chase aka The Clown

The Clown is widely known for drugging survivors by throwing his mixture in bottles. He also has the weirdest mori of all the killers too. This guy is the first killer to have multiple facial expression. The Clown is one of the creepiest killers in my opinion. I love playing as this guy since I love killer clown movies.

13. Rin Yamaoka aka The Spirit

I knew when she was revealed I was going to love her. WOW The Spirit is an interesting twist to the game. She can move normally or phrase walk allowing her to surprise attack survivors. But you won't be able to see them during a phrase walk. She does has a fast attack rate as long as a great attack distance. Her story is a very tragic tale that makes her very appealing to me.

14. Frank, Julie, Susie and Joey aka The Legion

As of right now the closest they gotten to bringing Scream's Ghostface to the game. The Legion also serves as a foreshadowing to what eventually happens to survivors during their last death. This killer is four people merged into one being. Just like survivors, The Legion can hop over pallets. Due to being four people, customizing this character can get crazy. A lot of people aren't crazy about The Legion. Honestly I am glad to see them in the game.

15. Adiris aka The Plague

The most recent killer added to the game. The Plague is one of the most mess up killers yet. This lady will split at survivors. I will be honest out of all the moris, I really don't like hers. This character can be tricky to play as at first. I will say she quickly grew up on me. Honestly The Plague is truly one of the craziest in designs among the killers.

No comments:

Post a Comment