Monday, April 8, 2019

Jack Red reviews The Ren & Stimpy Show

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I am very happy I get to talk about one of my favorite nick toons of all time. A show that's more mature as well as weird than it should be. Imagine Animaniacs with more direct adult humor, more disgusting and down right mess up stories. You are probably watching The Ren & Stimpy Show.


To clarify I don't own The Lost Episodes. Oh ok technically speaking some of these episodes didn't get to air on the original cartoon. A couple of newer Ren & Stimpy episodes that are more adult aimed. There was a short lived follow up show that wasn't anything like this at all. Now you know why The Ren & Stimpy Almost Complete Collection got it's title.

A lot of fans didn't like it, they felt it shouldn't be included with the original cartoon. I'm sure some people got all of that hopefully one day I will. The Ren & Stimpy Show is honestly one of the most mess up cartoons I have ever seen. Instead of a new bigger box set, the previous three gets covered in plastic.

At first I was wondering why but thankfully I really got my money's worth. I got to say this show is beyond what I recall of it growing up. I really enjoy watching this amazing twisted cartoon. I think part of it's charm is we all know it was meant for kids yet comes more off to young adults. Somehow they did a great job making everyone happy.

Hard to believe Nickelodeon aired something like this. Maybe I'll review another personal favorite shorter lived cartoon I also love with an passion. Back in the day I would spent hours watching cartoons on Nickelodeon as well as Cartoon Network. Honestly this show is easily one of the funniest cartoons I ever seen.

It is so well written that the jokes just work. Ren is a maniac waiting to happen even over little things. Stimpy is more lay back, kind hearted & takes punishment better. Ren does work but loves getting rich plans. Powdered Toast Man is one of the most mess up super hero parodies I ever seen. Funny enough, there's a short lived super hero cartoon called The Ripping Friends clearly inspired by that.

The Ren & Stimpy Show never truly gets boring at all. Sometimes it goes so far outside the box. I felt almost speechless in those episodes. Let's just say episodes like being inside a black hole was one of the strangest. Don't pay attention to time because this show doesn't stay to just doing one set story line.

Oh hell no they do as ridiculous as humanly possible. Keep in mind this was before stuff like Family Guy. Another cartoon eventually I'll talk about in the near future. OMG the work that went into this show is absolutely amazing. Even the acting holds up incredibly well by today's standards. I do got to say I do wish there was more interesting bonus stuff on these DVDs.

Don't get me wrong I got every episode of the original cartoon. I just wanted more surprises is what I'm saying. Speaking of that, this isn't exactly uncut either. Some users claim several scenes got removed from these DVDs entirely. Sadly I myself can't deny or confirm how true that claim is. There is a few extra episodes including an alternate version of another episode.

I am mind blown Man's Best Friend aka Banned Ren & Stimpy episode made it. The creator/animator John Kricfalusi got fired due to a particular scene in this episode. More surprising they started the adult party cartoon show with this particular episode. Yeah maybe wasn't the greatest idea if you ask me.

I made sure to watch every single episode just for nostalgia and doing this review. I didn't grow up with any of the games. I did own a game based on another Nickelodeon classic on Sega Genesis. The Ren & Stimpy Show is essentially The Looney Tunes on drugs, more twisted humor as well as being way more digusting.

The Ren & Stimpy Show packs more than a few toon force worth of punches. It will have you on the ground laughing maybe a trip to the hospital. Yes I am not kidding this show is hilarious at it's core. Honestly I highly recommend this Nickelodeon classic all the way. I don't really have any strong negatives towards the show at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment