Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Bad Horror Movie Sequel Wednesdays #8 Leprechaun 4: In Space

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I aim once again towards the bottom of the barrel. A movie so bad that it really isn't worth rewatching pass the first time. A movie you really can't take seriously in any shape or form. I am talking about Leprechaun 4: In Space, a while back I briefly talked about this with Jason X. This is one of the worst usage of a horror movie icon I ever seen.


This has a totally different feel from most Leprechaun movies. Majority of this movie takes place in space. As stated in another blog, putting horror icons that don't belong in space is a horrible idea. This stands as one of the absolute worst I have ever seen. Not even Warwick Davis himself can save this movie.

Leprechaun 4: In Space involves the Leprechaun kidnapping a selfish princess. A group of space marines came to an unknown planet to save her. This led to a scene that I still can't believe got in the movie. Leprechaun comes out from a man's private area. I remember my brother told me about that not seeing it until we watched the movie.

They go out of their way to reference Star Wars in the worst possible way imagine. A space marine gets greedy to start stealing his gold. Common knowledge you don't touch any part of his gold or you end up dead. No exception here because Leprechaun transformed his cane into a light saber. Not my favorite light saber reference in a movie. Sharknado 3 did that better & that's a shark movie so there's no excuse.

The humor do not work in any possible way. Usually Leprechaun is very entertaining but not here. This has the record for having the most bad guys in an Leprechaun movie. I don't even need to tell you this movie has an leprechaun. You also have an alien princess, a crazy scientist & a confused space marine robot what. Yeah I'm not making that up he dresses up like a lady later on.

The main scientist gets becomes a mutated spider creature. I felt it should've stick to just the leprechaun. They could've focus more on him in areas they should've instead of how they actually did. A great example of this is most kill scenes are boring. Honestly I can't name a single kill worth rewatching.

You find out they found a way to shrink & grow things in size. Later on Leprechaun gets hit by accident by that beam to become a giant. This is where the movie really falls apart. I felt they could've did more to make even that being as brief as it was more entertaining. I don't care for any of the cast in this movie.

Leprechaun 4: In Space not once ever called the leprechaun what he is. They kept calling him a creature or alien. The big problem with calling him an alien is he often kills humans in his movies. I am aware there's so many alien movies. This doesn't technically count as one of them. Leprechaun came from Earth but it never told us once how he got on another planet.

The leprechaun does have many powers but it never stated exactly what was his limit. What we do know is it depends on how much of his gold he has. He goes most of the movie without it & still killed most of the marines. If you seen Leprechaun 1, I think you already seen my point. For those that haven't seen any of the Leprechaun movies.

It doesn't display how weak the leprechaun should've been without his gold. A good amount of what he does requires a lot of gold to do. I honestly can't name a single scene not even very short ones I like. Leprechaun 4: In Space title is telling you the truth at least. At the same time it is still miles better than Leprechaun: Origins. Please don't even get me started on that movie.

Leprechaun 4: In Space has so many major problems keeping it from being good. Actually this is one of my least favorite horror movie sequels of all time. It never made sense why they would make this in the first place. Can you believe what did inspire this abomination was over a dumb joke? Someone put Leprechaun's face on Tom Hanks' face of Apollo 13.

Yeah this was the very thing to suddenly get them to make Leprechaun 4. This never was a good idea in any possible way. Leprechaun clearly belongs on Earth due to his mystic nature. He is a creature of Ireland that will kill anyone trying to steal his gold. How do you put that in a space movie & actually get it to work is beyond me?

Warwick Davis I'm sure wasn't happy with this movie. It seems like they really down play his character. Before this movie, the leprechaun was very entertaining to watch. Even Leprechaun in the Hood is more entertaining despite being a dumb idea for a movie. I would watch Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood over this any day of the week.

The mutated spider creature looks horrible in every sense of the word. I would describe it in full detail but this is just one of those things you have to see for yourselves. The regular look for him is already laughable. He looks like a one armed Dr. Evil mixed with the R2-D2. It was confirmed only his heart being the real surviving part of his.

This movie is so bad you should avoid it. I really wish I could say it was it's so bad it's so good but I can't. Nothing works for this movie that really makes you question how did this get release. I am aware there are much fewer things they need to be checked for direct to video movies. Which is why majority of them such so bad.

I am still surprised this movie didn't kill the franchise & it was bad enough. Leprechaun 4: In Space really doesn't do favors for anyone. This is an insult to those who love the movies like I do. This doesn't even feel like a space movie. Thank god there does exist one worse than this and it is a stand alone movie. For the love of god don't torture yourself to sleep with this abomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment