Sunday, October 9, 2016

Top 5 Reasons Why Sega Genesis is Better than NEC TurboGrafx-16 aka PC Engine

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, I can only judge TurboGrafx-16 from footages many people put online. I did a lot of research on it for this particular blog entry. Now considering some consoles like TurboGrafx-16 are becoming more popular among collectors. I just want to point out I'm not writing these to piss those people or long time fans of TurboGrafx-16 off.

After all I am only stating my opinion why I prefer Sega Genesis over it. You are welcome to counter right back in doing this vice versa. You have my word I would check your blog or video on it out as soon as I'm told about it.

5. Better controllers & more variations

It's no secret Sega Genesis had so many variation of it's controllers. In fact some people are still making their own variation of them today. Not everyone will understand how an TurboGrafx-16 controller works. Even an original three button Genesis controller works better. More recently there are wireless Genesis controllers as well as controllers meant for different genre of games. Some fans go out of their way to do amazing custom repaint of Sega franchises. Of course everyone to an degree agrees that an six button Genesis controller is easily one of the absolute best controllers in gaming.

4. More variation of consoles with third party thrown in
Sega made two official Genesis models which back during my child hood I had both of them. Sega also allowed some companies over the years to do their own Genesis consoles. Very few weren't licensed by Sega but all of them allow you to play Genesis games like the first two models. Yes I should bring up Genesis 3 despite being made by another company is technically the successor to model 2 Genesis. One of the smallest Genesis consoles you ever see. I recently picked up AtGames Genesis model aka Genesis 4. Which allows you to pick any region of most games with over eighty built in games. Half of those are filter games that aren't even on bad Genesis game standards. Earlier models with add ons lets you play Sega Master System, Sega 32X and Sega CD games. Not many consoles can do this today.

3. Bigger game collection

Yes even throwing in every Japanese TurboGrafx-16 & TurboGrafx-CD games. Sega Genesis has over seven hundred games during it's run. Plus homebrew has an stronger impact on Genesis than it does on TurboGrafx-16. Of course I could throw in Steam rereleases & Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. But I'm not that much of an dick to over rate those. But Genesis games does get ported more often. Officially covering more licensed games than TurboGrafx-16. Sega Genesis had one of the finest video game libraries in history. You are more likely at places to getting more Genesis games than those of TurboGrafx-16. Yes TurboGrafx-16 did beat Sega Mega Drive in Japan but it won the rest of them.

2. Although some titles are present on both consoles, Genesis versions are better
An true Sega fan had to bring something like this up. Yes it's true some games are present on both consoles. Let's be honest majority of them are simply better on Genesis. Not because oh Sega made those games & Genesis of course it will be better. No different teams ported some of Sega classics like Altered Beast & Golden Axe. Most simply needed more time with some things worked out if you seen some of those comparisons. To sum it up if you own both versions among an handful of games on both consoles. I think you would agree Genesis knocks it out of the park in overall quality. I love it when people say Genesis had an terrible audio chip. Although I could list possibly forty games to prove them wrong. Usually in comparing other games not shared TurboGrafx-16 comes out on top. In this one regard I have to side with Sega.

1. Genesis as an whole has some of the finest 16 bit sound tracks in history
Sega Genesis has an high rated video game sound track overall. Often over shadowed by many consoles including SNES. But Genesis does have games that really impress people how great they sound. In fact if Sega would sell an few discs of those songs. You bet I would buy those in an heart beat. Even if TurboGrafx-16 were to get the same treatment. Let's be honest compared to games like Streets of Rage 2 and Rocket Knight Adventures it falls short in it's greatness. I could agree most sound effects do sound better on TurboGrafx-16. Genesis has plenty of amazing sound tracks to keep you going. By now everyone knows Genesis has it's own unique sound. Which is mixed among many gamers. Genesis has an impressive library of timeless songs you could listen to for hours nonstop.

I hope you guys enjoy this blog entry. Very soon now you should be getting Horror Heroes Bundle. As for Interplay Build Your Own Bundle. As of right now I'm not sure if that would be getting one now. So how about this, if I were to agree to reveal which games I got in that deal. Would anyone be interested in actually seeing an review similar to some I done before or no? Until next time I'm Jack Red and I'll see all of you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment