Thursday, February 1, 2024

My thoughts on Sonic x Shadow Generations

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, yesterday there was several video game announcements. A lot of them were somewhat interesting. Silent Hill filled two slots in the lineup with one being a new free game. Little did I know this rumor about a new version of Sonic Generations turned out to be true. Currently one of my big 2024 games on the list, I'm keeping the list small for awhile.

Sonic x Shadow Generations
I previously owned Sonic Generations on a few platforms. Still among my absolute favorite Sonic games to date. They pulled fan favorite stages from other Sonic games. Plenty of replay value with songs from a lot of Sonic games what else could you possibly want? Well they somehow went even beyond. Not only we're getting an remaster of that game.

Within the same version we're also getting a new campaign. You get to play as my favorite Sonic character, Shadow the Hedgehog. Originally he was one of the rival bosses in Sonic Generations. I am so glad he's getting his own campaign. Sega haven't been using Shadow well over the years. For the most part, he kinda was there in a lot of Sonic games.

How about time Sega gave Shadow more proper respect. I do see ways Sega could ruin things for people. Like more Sonic songs being paid dlc would upset a lot of people. If they removed Sonic 1 from the game. To clarify what I'm talking about, they hid in a port of the original Sonic game. Honestly it needs to stay in the newer version or people might riot over it no joke.

I still need to get caught up on Sonic games for Steam. Sonic always been one of my biggest franchises. I was over joyed as well as very surprised when I watched the announcement trailer live. I am also worried because how Sega handled both Sonic Origins twice and the newer version of Sonic Colors. I really want this to be truly amazing.

When you play Sonic Generations you really wanna feel this is an huge love letter to the fans. Thank you for supporting the franchise all these years. Obviously I don't want Sega to ruin it all by a few changes including paid dlcs. Long term, I do want more stuff added into the newer version. I am not sure if they could include the handheld version of Sonic Generations or stuff from it.

For those that doesn't know, the handheld version has very different stages as well as the bosses. I strongly felt doing something with the handheld version would help make this a more complete experience. Sure it's the same version Sonic fought Biolizard. Although, Shadow will be facing that thing in his new campaign to help make up for that.

I know some people were waiting on Silent Hill 2 Remake. I was very questionable at best about it. Now Sonic x Shadow Generations give me an release date please because I really wanna buy it. This should be one of the best newer versions of Sonic games in years if done right. Obviously my expectations for it are very high.

There's plenty of opportunities to help spice things up. Like adding even more unlockables overall. More directly using points to get more pictures as well as songs. A lot of Sonic fans may want more than what originally was in the game. Even if there isn't I'm sure in other ways it will literately give the fans exactly what they want.

Sonic x Shadow Generations already sold me within the first few seconds. I just hope Sega doesn't get too greedy. Honestly it's not Konami greedy but they do make some questionable decisions. Despite things I do think this is going to be well worth checking out later this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment