Saturday, February 10, 2024

Capcom survey question follow up

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I figured I could've said more about that Capcom survey. Well I took some time to consider five Capcom franchises I possibly considered to select for that question. I can promise you for all five of them I had plenty of reasons not to. End of the day, everyone has different taste.

I'm excluding both Okami and Ace Attorney because I'm still new into them. It wouldn't be fair to talk about franchises I don't understand or play enough.

1. Street Fighter

I never was crazy for Street Fighter myself. I do enjoy a few select SF games. I always was a bigger MK fan for a lot longer. Also OMG the original Street Fighter is so bad!!! Sure SF is one of the finest 2D fighting game franchises to date. Capcom loves getting dlc heavy with em. Enough that actually turns me off badly no joke.

Street Fighter has a lot of characters with a couple I do like. I also like you can play most the main entries on most platforms. Although Capcom questionably chosen to not release SFV on Xbox. Despite this, Street Fighter always bounces back from the competition. SF quickly changed the world for years to come.

In all honestly, it's a good franchise with a lot of questionable decisions. I do mean a lot of them like making this originally unrelated game in Japan an spinoff SF game in the United States. No really Capcom actually done that before. They even paid a different company to do an movie game that rips off MK's digitize actors style.

This quickly led to Capcom completely remaking the game for console releases. I really could go on why I always been mixed with the franchise. Let's be brutally honest, there was virtually no way I was going to select this franchise at all. I will confess SFIII is among my favorite Capcom fighting games.

2. VS. Capcom

I actually had a few major issues with this one. Capcom has several crossover fighting games. Some of them were made by SNK funny enough. They didn't stick to one or two of these franchises. In fact, it strongly felt like all of them got forced to share a spot together. I am a fan of Marvel vs. Capcom series for a long time.

Another major issue is if they were to bring any of them back or start up a new one. Another company has to be involve with the process. As previously stated they made a few Capcom vs. SNK games. Which in turn, SNK made SNK vs. Capcom games that's in the same franchise. They once done this concept with an animation company.

Obviously, regardless which franchises Capcom crosses over with. There's plenty of fan service when it's done right. We also seen it in the opposite direction with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. In other words if I had selected this. What would've brought back from the grave? This would've been much easier if they made that spot Marvel vs. Capcom.

I am very sure a lot of people would've went for it then. It's difficult to say otherwise though. I do agree these games is more decent than SF series. I also love it when you fight in teams for matches. Marvel vs. Capcom series always went epic with the boss fights. Capcom would have to really knock it out the park or stop making these crossover fighting games.

3. Mega Man

This has a few problems that are difficult to ignore. Like VS. Capcom, Mega Man has several franchises within itself. People are often mixed what they like as well as they don't like Mega Man wise. Personally I'm more of an Mega Man X fan myself. There's already a large number of Mega Man games.

Each Mega Man franchise has vastly differences from each other. Obviously, they didn't separate em from each other was a questionable move. Majority of those franchises people wants more of them. There's virtually no question about that. The big issue is how to bring some of them back? Not to mention, two of those franchises being more RPG are notably long games too.

Mega Man always offer some variety within what you can do. There's plenty of characters you're going to love as well as dislike. Capcom been releasing Legacy Collection games for a long time now. Not to mention, majority of it has great soundtracks too. There's almost something everyone could love about Mega Man.

Yes a lot of these games can be challenging but satisfying too. Some of the finest in their respective genres. Mega Man is something I strongly felt going to eventually get more games regardless how the survey goes with people. I will say Mega Man 11 is one of my favorites among classic Mega Man games.

4. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry always been one of my big Capcom franchises. I partly explained why I didn't select this. The spot went to Dino Crisis out of respect. Devil May Cry for the most part very decent games. The soundtracks are virtually timeless with amazing sound effects. Let's pretend DMC2 doesn't exist.

Devil May Cry is very replayable to keep you busy for hours if not months. Some truly amazing characters with rather interesting, unique enemies too. The combat is mostly fun especially against tough bosses. Some challenging difficulties that will push you to do better. The locations are always welcome in these games.

You do get some sick outfits as well. Devil trigger is a great way to spice up the combat. You also can buy stuff from the shop or an merchant in DMC5. Some great voice acting that sorta comes off like an great anime. I love you can swap out difficulties as well as your characters on the fly. Bloody Palace is a great way to test your skills too.

You do get several weapons you also can swap on the fly. Not only that, some truly amazing visuals too. Devil May Cry is an franchise that will eventually make an return. Not you the more recent Netflix show. I meant a newer entry or possibly an remake on the RE Engine. DMCV itself was made on the same engine.

5. Darkstalkers

Darkstalkers as I confirmed was really close getting selected. Some may view this as the next best Capcom fighting franchise. There's virtually no bad entries at all being quite rare for such an franchise. I virtually love everything about Darkstalkers. I am still very happy Capcom Fighting Collection gave us all the Arcade releases.

In nearly every possible way, Darkstalkers deeply excels. Darkstalkers has some truly rememberable characters. The animations was a major reason it stood out from many fighting games. Some crazy finishers with some taking several attempts to pull off. The stages are amazing stuff especially Darksiders 3 aka Vampire Savior.

It's no secret this actually my favorite Capcom fighting game franchise. Darkstalkers truly deserves another chance to return. People kept asking for that with more people joining in on that cause. Darkstalkers really does have something everyone could enjoy. Yes it may come off being dark with a surprising light stuff to help the balance of the theme.

Darkstalkers is a truly solid franchise that's short lived. There's plenty of ways they could fully bring it back. You know an franchise is great if the worst thing about it being a bad cartoon show. The less said about it, the better. Darkstalkers in every sense of the word deserves respect. All of them are very replayable games I can't get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment