Tuesday, March 28, 2023

My thoughts on Saints Row reboot update

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, due to technical difficulties I can't make a video on today's topic. Earlier today, the team responsible for the new Saints Row game. You know the one getting bashed by people. Well they confirmed the roadmap plan they have from April up to August. In a way me doing things this way would give people a much better idea than if I would've done this in a video.

Link to see the full roadmap of the stuff getting added into the game down below...

I will start on April which isn't much to begin with. They are doing an crossover free cosmetic pack based on Dead Island 2. For those that doesn't know, publisher company Deep Silver also done Dead Island series. For Saints Row series, it was from 2013 to present. Considering both franchises has zombies, it kinda makes sense to do this crossover.

Personally, if Capcom didn't buried Dead Rising series. Another comical sandbox game series, I felt crossing that over with Saints Row would've been way better. I can only judge Dead Island: Retro Revenge. My wife is actually into Dead Island series. She's more of a causal gamer between us. It doesn't mean she doesn't have her favorites either.

We are moving onto May with some interesting stuff to talk about. The free stuff will be a new district. They are adding more of the actual map you can explore. Yes this could make some technical issues worst as well. They also going to overhaul the combat. I just hope it's being done better than Dead Rising 4. The team made a similar statement that turned out to be not be true.

There's also Photo Mode, already a feature done in a few Dead Rising games. Come on, why don't you two just crossover already!!! Of course, they had to put more at the end of that. I guess we will see what else we're possibly getting. The major dlc you have to buy is The Heist and The Hazardous. I still need to buy Expansion Pass despite the official description made that to sound like a cheap discount on them.

In other words, it's not an actual Season Pass purchase. Where everything included will come straight to you on launch day. It doesn't have to be all the same day with several possible release dates for particular stuff. Hell fighting games do that all the time, it's really getting quite frustrating to keep up. The description for this sounds interesting.

They are adding more Story Missions, yes please. It may actually be better than the campaign we previously were given. Events I'm wondering if that might include more Ventures or Side Ventures to do. We do need more of a variety there guys. Cosmetics well we all expected more of that was coming. It has a chance to being a little better than where it currently stands at customization.

We go straight to July since they didn't list anything for June whatsoever. Free side mentions New Features, keep in mind it doesn't give you much to go on. So we don't know if we are talking about being able to see your stats or email people through your cell phone. We might even get a feature exclusively for online coop to better track the whereabouts of other players.

Improvements once again little to no information to go on. I would think they might be revamping some aspects of the game play. In particular it could likely be quick dial for homies or different ways to use weapons. For example, you could fire an shotgun similar to an terminator would be very sick. If you have Expansion Pass, there's a new solo mode.

If I had to take a guess what this mode could be. Considering a lot of stuff you do involved killing a lot of enemies. This one mode could be an greater amount of enemies to come after you in ways. Kinda like Gears series' Horde Mode respectively. Then again we virtually know so little what to expect here. What I do know is it already looks like my kind of fun.

Finally we get to the month of August. Which so happens to be my wife's birthday month as well as our wedding anniversary. Free stuff we have another new distinct getting added into the game. Jeez how big are they going to make this map? I know GTA Online's map is notably better than GTA V's map. Supposedly the biggest game map belongs to Minecraft, one of my wife's favorite games.

I'm more of a Garry's Mod kind of guy myself. New Features with Improvements, same boat as last time. They could give us a new method to be given your vehicles. For example, an aircraft drops vehicles inside a giant crate that breaks after it hits the ground. They also could have with some aspects of the driving to be improve somewhat.

They also could give us actual smaller businesses to own. A major issue a lot of players didn't like. The new system of your crime organization replaced that feature. I think by having both of them not only increases more money to earn at one time. It also could allow the player to buy stuff they need much cheaper as well.

We might even be given more designs we can customize anything with. Which I greatly would love to see happen. Can you imagine driving an truck that looks like the sun or flying an aircraft that's constantly changing colors? Hell give me more skeleton or clown theme stuff I'll be fine. Yes I'm twisted that way sue me lol.

Expansion Pass adds in more Story Missions. Again there's a couple of options they could do with that. I didn't say this earlier because I felt it would work a little bit better here instead. You aren't done with Marshall, an family affair rises. All of a sudden, they are after the Saints for killing or fired Atticus Marshall.

After long, the developers doesn't make us have to fully replay the entire campaign I'm fine. Obviously, Myra with some of her friends is going to need the Saints again. There's a lot of crazy possibilities they could do with this. Regardless, as long the game play is fun to play. Story matters somewhat but screwing both of them up is a tough pill to swallow.

They are adding in enemies, I highly wish this could've came a little sooner than it actually is. Maybe that's just me on that folks. We don't know much to know if these enemies are even together or enemies towards each other or a mix of both. This is likely going to add in a few boss fights. Cosmetics once again, yes please add more stuff into the game.

Honestly, I want slightly more cosmetic stuff over a handful of these other things. The bigger stuff like new districts and story missions, I'm very excited about. It's rare they add more to the actual map in this series. DLC story missions is very common though. I don't think they are going to top How the Saints Saved Christmas though.

I do have some ideas where these new districts could be on the map. Considering they are being able within those respective locations. I think one district going to be added from the top while the other being added to the bottom. Hell like some Fallout games like Point Lookout. They might make you access it differently that leads to it's own map.

Which would be greatly appraised if that ended up being the case. I am thinking they might bring in parts of the state California. Kinda like GTA Online brought in more of the state Nevada. The map it already a huge size. Yes technically they did part of this through some story missions in Saints Row IV. Therefore, they likely know how they are going about expanding the map or general scale of things.

Saints Row reboot might move up a rank or two if they do all of these on their roadmap. Honestly, they do need to fix the perks that barely affect the game play. So I do think that's going to be revamp to make better usage out of our perks. Obviously more collectibles are going to be added into the game. The game already has a huge amount of them to begin with.

Achievements/trophies wise, this could become one of the hardest Saints Row games to get all of them in. If people are feeling it like in some YouTube videos. They are likely going to beg for mercy with these too. Saints Row reboot is already in an questionable spot. I am hoping Volition doesn't get close down along with their servers.

I actually wanna fully see everything they're going to bring into the game. There's already a couple DLCs I previously bought. As a huge Saints Row fan, ultimately I want what's best for the game in question. I felt if they don't rush things they could nearly come close of turning half way through an 360.

There's no question, they are going to test more than your skills. They also going to test your willpower to see if you can fully go the distance they expect some going to go. I do plan on playing out my heart to getting every DLC achievement that's going to be added in. There's no surprise, I'm willingly coming back to finish what I started with this game.

Another notable thing I should mention is please don't over whelm me like some Assassin's Creed games do. If you played stuff like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag then you already know. Exactly what I am talking about!!! I don't need the world to be more big than what's actually fun neither do I need my methods of traveling suddenly becomes slower.

I strongly hope with increased resources. The team is going to give us some truly amazing stuff to play with. I actually would've say this could be one of my favorites yet. Considering my favorite video game is Saints Row IV: Re-Elected, it's difficult to say. What I will confirm is for the bigger stuff, you will need to commit to hours among hours to get them fully done or you aren't going to last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment