Saturday, March 4, 2023

Franchises I would love to see Digital Eclipse give TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection treatment

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, today's topic going to be a rather interesting one. As many of you know Digital Eclipse built a reception on game compilations. TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection & Atari 50 blew people away with pure nostalgia. It does bag the question if they had everything to get the go, which franchises should they do in the near future?

I selected a few franchises they could do justice with. Of course, multiple companies being involve will make things more difficult especially over licensed video games. I felt the ones I'm going for may need a bigger miracle than TMNT in comparison to happen. Regardless, I'm sure everyone has different taste making this an interesting discussion.

1. Batman

I do need to clarify which video game era of the Dark Knight we're talking about. 1989-1995 with the very best Batman games of that era in one awesome Bat package. Handheld Batman games around this time weren't great which is why I didn't list them in the line up. Basically two movies & the critically acclaimed animated show licensed games in a nut shell.

Also some versions aren't great either. Including canceled SNES version of Batman: Revenge of the Joker. I felt this is a solid enough line up. Yes Batman has a few bundle deals across gaming services. But this is more retro as well as nostalgic. Honestly, I would be very surprised this eventually happens. I can't guarantee I'll be alive that long but still going to wait.

1. Batman (NES)
2. Batman (Genesis)
3. Batman (Arcade)
4. Batman: Return of the Joker (NES)
5. Batman Returns (NES)
6. Batman Returns (SNES)
7. Batman Returns (Sega CD)
8. The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES)
9. The Adventures of Batman & Robin (Genesis)
10. The Adventures of Batman & Robin (Sega CD)

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin games aren't great. Other licensed games around this era are slightly better but not by much. Also Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker which is obviously outside the period I selected simply another bad Batman game. Still way better than Superman 64 though, seriously flying through rings!!!

2. The Simpsons

This one will be even trickier with the license as well as more companies involve. There's no question The Simpsons does have some amazing games based on the record breaking animated show. I could even say a particular era isn't enough to justify the franchise. Personally if I were involve I would want most of the best Simpsons games in one insane Simpsons collection.

Honestly, this is one of a very few franchises that truly deserves their own game compilation. I'm mostly going to list the more decent Simpsons games. Some "classics" like Bart vs. The Space Mutants isn't on my list. The Simpsons also deserves more decent games based on the show too. Regardless here's my line up for that compilation.

1. The Simpsons Arcade (Arcade)
2. The Simpsons: Road Rampage (Multiple platforms)
3. The Simpsons: Hit & Run (Multiple platforms)
4. Bart's Nightmare (SNES & Genesis)
5. The Simpsons: Tapped Out (Mobile)
6. Virtual Springfield (PC)
7. The Simpsons Game (Multiple platforms)

Yes I know Virtual Springfield technically isn't a video game but still gets labeled as one. At the same time, it was mind blowing for it's time too. Not many games with Virtual in the title around it's time stands out in a good way, another example being an Beavis & Butt-Head game.

3. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

I may no longer be a fan but even I confessed back in the 90s those were amazing games. In more recent years, the original franchise kept coming back in different ways. Eventually that's going to lead right into a game compilation. Hell I'll play it for old times sake. I felt this one could rival TMNT compilation they done in the right hands.

I grew up with both Genesis games myself. Of course, this also would be an era of a few years in one awesome package. I don't think a few of them should be in the compilation. I would stick to alright to greatness if I were picking the line up. So I thought this could be one truly amazing game compilation in it's own right.

1. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (SNES)
2. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Genesis)
3. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Fighting Edition (SNES)
4. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Game Gear)
5. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (SNES)
6. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (Game Gear)
7. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (Genesis)

Both Game Boy games as well as Sega CD game isn't great. Leaving them off actually helps the compilation to do better. The only reason to include them at all is to fully deliver the entire era to the fans on a silver plate.

Those are some of the big requests I have for Digital Eclipse. Only time can tell if any of them happens or not. But the demand will always be high. Especially to the fans themselves that greatly miss playing these classics. What I can say is this, they are more willing to give much more than the actual games. Which they easily could go with my three franchise picks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment