Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Double Vision review GoldenEye Edition

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, earlier this year we gotten GoldenEye on both Xbox consoles as well as Nintendo Switch. Now someone made a creepy pasta take on the N64 classic too. I figured why not review both of them together in one blog post. Considering the horror clone is more recent, I'll start with that.

To clarify, I very recently found out about Agent No. 6 thanks to Facebook.

Agent No. 6
This was heavily inspired by GoldenEye. It's virtually two missions loosely based on a few missions from the game. You get to play through them again with a strange being stalking. Suddenly we went from a lot of soldiers to this thing. The game is virtually like two different styles that doesn't necessary come fully together.

I will say sure it does look like a Great Value clone of the game. I will give credit for taking something like GoldenEye. Somehow transform parts of it into a horror game. There's a lot of horror FPS games out there. Someone decided to throw their own curve ball with this concept. I wish there was a little more than what's actually there.

The game itself is notably on the short side. It doesn't necessary freak you out but you do get somewhat paranoid. Also, I wish I could play it with a controller. Although the keyboard controls with the mouse worked well. I felt if they would've recreated the bonus mission, Egypt. There's much more things this person could've done.

GoldenEye
It took a long time for GoldenEye to get off the Nintendo 64. I previously wasn't happy about the remake game with Daniel Craig. Sadly, not much was changed for Xbox One version. It's mostly unaltered rom of the N64 classic, a huge criticism to a lot of people. I will say this though Perfect Dark got remade for Xbox 360.

There was footage released of the canceled Xbox 360 version, which would've been awesome. This is what we ended up with instead. Achievements/trophies are well selected. I do like you can play it with better controls. It's just a disappointment we didn't get much more. Yes it also is available in the digital bundle deal for Rare Replay.

Honestly, GoldenEye is such an iconic licensed game. Anything I would say beyond this point has been stated so many times. It's still the greatest Bond game ever made. Surprisingly the better of the two ports as well. Personally, I would've love some of the other great Bond games got bundled together. Can you imagine GoldenEye, Nightfire and The World Is Not Enough (N64 version) in one package?

No comments:

Post a Comment