Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Top 5 Reasons Why MediEvil Remake is better than Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Remastered

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, it's no secret I'm angry at Rockstar for ruining GTA Trilogy Remastered so badly. I felt the perfect way for me to add salt is by praising a particular video game remake not liked by many. Of course, I'm talking about MediEvil Remake on PS4. I even have five reasons why it's better than GTA Trilogy Remastered.

Yes I also have a meme related to this particular topic down below...
https://imgflip.com/i/7c1x7w

5. Better artwork

This is a very obvious reason. You look at GTA Trilogy Remastered than the original three games in question. What you will see is a major missed opportunity. Especially with the Definitive Edition is in the title, you expect better right? Now look at MediEvil Remake to it's original version. They greatly improved on the original artwork as well as adding in more beautifully well.

If you are patience enough, you can see areas where character models in GTA Trilogy Remastered aren't done properly. This is suppose to be remastered versions right? You won't even feel that away among looking at every character within MediEvil Remake. Yes, the Scarecrows are still among the scariest. I can even say a lot of them looks notably better than they originally did.

I'm not saying any of them look bad in the original PS1 game. I meant, they recreated all of them faithful. Yet made the right changes to their appearances that better fit the Remake version. You can tell the artists really took their time with everything especially the crazy animations. There's no question, Rockstar really dropped the ball hard here.

4. More fan service

It's quite obvious, Rockstar no longer cares for their fans. They are barely fixing the games properly through this smaller game company. In comparison, you get a lot of cool stuff both in & outside the game. I'm also including the secret Helmet from the demo. Most of it you have to pay for but it's worth checking out.

You get this awesome animation for your PS4's home. You also get a digital comic book, the soundtrack and an artbook. Yes all of that, I was happy getting them when I bought the game for my birthday a few years ago. Honestly, this sticks out like a sore thumb. It seems PS1 games, we'll nail the newer versions. But PS2 games, let's ruin them for modern gamers.

Look I know this isn't a fair comparison. MediEvil Remake is a more recent version of an PS1 game. In vice versa, GTA Trilogy Remastered is a recreation of three PS2 games not done well. Hell I easily could've done both Crash & Spyro Trilogies Remastered. But I didn't because everyone knows those are way better than GTA Trilogy Remastered.

3. Programmed notably better

MediEvil Remake doesn't suffer for many issues GTA Trilogy Remastered does. Yes I know I'm comparing different game play styles against each other. It's not the point I'm here to make. No what I really wanna drive home is somehow the newer versions of GTA games are much worst. In vice versa, MediEvil Remake is very faithful to the original game.

They even improved on a few issues the original version had. Not only that, save feature is automatically by default. Of course, you have the option to turn it off. Clearly MediEvil Remake was not rushed out the door is my point. Keep in mind, MediEvil's popularity isn't as high as it once was back in the late 90s.

Despite this, it ended up working more in their favor because of it. They even brought back the original actors to reprise their roles for the game. Even the controls got notably improved in as well. Camera angles in a few spots can still be a pain but it isn't as bad as it was. Yes you may have trouble not having the good stuff to get through some stages but the game's very replayable to make up for that.

You know it's not programmed well when you fall through areas you aren't suppose to. Keep in mind, GTA: San Andreas had the biggest overall map out of the three. Somehow Rockstar dropped the ball with that too. Each stage in MediEvil Remake is beautifully recreated faithfully. This includes the new side quest added to this version of the game too.

2. Improved the audio notably

This is a very obvious one, GTA Trilogy Remastered did remove some song due to copy rights. But they don't sound better than the original versions. In vice versa, MediEvil Remake sounds notably better than the original PS1 game. Voice acting also been improved as well. Yes some got changed but still faithful to what you originally heard.

Don't forget with the previously mentioned soundtrack you can listen to outside the game. Yes I know GTA games has a lot of songs especially on the radio. My point is they didn't lose any important pieces to prevent taking away from the overall experience. Honestly, it's surprisingly faithful to the original PS1 game.

1. It also included the original version

The biggest reason why MediEvil Remake is better than GTA Trilogy Remastered. You actually can unlock the original PS1 version. You have to fully complete a new side quest added to the remake version. Among completing it unlocks the classic PS1 game. To me, that's pretty awesome to have both of them together.

It's a real shame GTA Trilogy Remastered couldn't do something remotely like that. I'm sure a lot more people would've bought those remasters if they had the original versions included too. Personally I'm already seeing it as another major missed opportunity Rockstar. You got beaten by MediEvil Remake this badly is quite pathetic.

They don't prevent you from using cheat codes in that version either. Sure it isn't a part of the trophy hunting process, I actually gotten the platinum trophy for it. One of two games with the other being Saints Row IV no surprise I know lol. Just simply having the original version alone is enough for me to say MediEvil Remake better than GTA Trilogy Remastered.

Sadly I'm not done yet folks. Rockstar thought it was a good idea to remove those particular GTA games from every gaming services. Thus if you didn't have them, you have no choice but to buy the newer versions. A move Sega ended up doing with Sonic Origins with parts of that reversed. The simple fact Rockstar ended up doing the exact opposite is quite upsetting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment