Saturday, September 29, 2018

All Capcom Games I own on Xbox One so far Part 2

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, officially a follow up/update blog. I recently got more Capcom goodness for my Xbox One. Unlike last time I will be reviewing all the games present in this. Now I can start up by saying all of these I do recommend. I also hope this tells you what I love about Capcom in general.

1. DuckTales: Remastered

I haven't played the classic NES DuckTales games. I am aware of The Disney Afternoon Collection that has both of them. I also never actually seen the classic cartoon either. More recently, a new cartoon reboot is airing on TV. If I'm not mistaken this game was the last time the original DuckTales cast voiced together.

Yes this version has both texts & voice overs. You can skip cut scenes although some of them are rewatchable. They took the classic NES game then brought it up to modern gaming standards. Capcom wasn't as involve as the original DuckTales games. Each level has a map that's easy enough to follow.

The difficulty for the most part is on point. There are a few key parts that can be frustrating. Most bosses are just as easy as the classic game's. Unlike most DuckTales games, you also get the option to swim in his vault through gold coins. Personally the Family Guy parody is more entertaining lol. The cane can be a little off but for the most part it gets the job done.

Sometimes you have to pay attention to particular areas of the level. In order to know where to go like in Transylvania level. You have to memorize which mirror takes you to the correct area. I also like the enemy selection fits this game perfectly. One nice touch is all the money you earn can be used to unlock a lot of cool DuckTales stuff.

Achievements are mostly simple that shouldn't take long to get most of them. DuckTales: Remastered does do the classic games justice. Eventually I'll check out Castle of Illusion: Remastered since I grew up with the Genesis classic. Back to this, I felt the music for the most part is great. However I still prefer the original songs especially the moon level's.

2. Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (2 games)

OMG I can very surprised I missed out on playing this on Xbox 360. Two classic licensed Capcom beat em up arcade games in one package. The same team behind Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online, Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins and Darkstalkers: Resurrection made this. You can tell in many ways like you can earn particular points to unlock more of the gallery.

You can switch between the games just like those compilations. The challenges are addicting to do for hours among hours. A couple of them will give you a lot of achievements in the process. The actual games are some of the most ambitious beat em up games I have ever seen. Not only in some levels you can choose a path.

You can move away from the path to go into several rooms. The animation alone is virtually mind blowing. The later game adds two more characters that help making the experience more unique. There's a lot of boss fights that can be very repetitive. At the same time you will still have a great job taking them down.

The audio department alone is perfect I have no real complaints. The music is absolutely amazing with very good sound effects. Even with some cheesy voice acting it still doesn't disappoint. They really put so much content into just one of them. But having them both is plenty to justify it's low asking price.

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles is technically the third games of the franchise I owned. I had the solo Genesis game and a terrible PS1 fighting game. It is no question this is the best Dungeons & Dragons game I have ever played. Trust me this compilation is among the very best I played to date. I also like you can upgrade your characters but you can lose them in record time.

3. Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle (7 games)

I was already mind blown playing Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara. This is even more craziness that only Capcom could do justice. Seven of their classic arcade beat em up games in one place. You already have everything in the gallery at the start. The original pictures to tie all the games in are absolutely amazing.

The achievements are a mixed bag with people. Yes you can in just a few hours get most of them simply by beating all the games. Most points on them are 100 gamer score that can help you go up in the ranks. Honestly I am not picky about that although I understand the disappointment. I am enjoying it since it slightly has more challenging achievements than those of X-Men arcade game.

I am not going to lie some of these games are weird at best. Both The King of Dragons & Knights of the Round is not only similar to Dungeons & Dragons Capcom games but also Magic Sword. All five classic arcade beat em up games represent bringing the RPG experience to arcades. You can level up your characters and equip new gear.

Even the bosses are surprisingly similar to each other I'm not kidding. Both The King of Dragons & Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara has a giant red dragon as the final boss. The most well known game among the seven is Final Fight. Originally going to be a sequel to the original Street Fighter.

It quickly became it's own game spawning it's own sequels and spin offs. The same game Sega created Streets of Rage to compete against it. Obviously I don't need to discuss it's SNES port technically having two versions being greatly inferior to the original arcade game. To me, the bosses are a little cheaper than I would like to be.

You can die very fast in this game without warning. I do enjoy the bonus stages since I don't have to worry about getting owned repeatedly. Several things from this game does transfer to most games presented in this compilation. The music is easily the best part of the game. When you do successfully pull off moves the game does become a little more fun.

Now it's talk to talk about the last three games. Armored Warriors is a mech beat em up game where you take on other mechs. Honestly there's two particular games it really reminds me of. Cyborg Justice since you can swap out parts during the combat. Shogo is a FPS based on the same concept that franchises like Gundam are continuing to this day.

Basically a similar art design for this & Shogo with both having a great soundtrack. Although Shogo's does come more off like an anime game. Cyborg Justice isn't that great but I am glad someone did that feature justice. Armored Warriors is addictive due to swapping out parts. You also have several characters to play as.

Battle Circuit is possibly the strangest game included. Both this and Armored Warriors being on consoles as well as PC for the first time. Battle Circuit up til this compilation was only available in Japan since not even it's arcade cabinet came to the United States. Oh wait it gets much stranger than this.

The playable characters alone are just the topping of this pineapple up-side down cake. You can play as a mutant plant, a cat woman, a little girl riding a pink ostrich or a guy that can shape shift body parts. There is a lot of strange humor that does remind you of anime. The artwork itself is worth checking out.

There's a twist at the end where you can decide to simply remove the disk in question or destroy the program. Basically the raw data on the actual disk. You don't delete it like normal you beat it to deletion. Unfortunately this final boss really doesn't go easy on you. I should've started this by saying you will die a lot in these game.

But here imagine dying all the games it took to beat those games in just one boss fight I'm not kidding. Finally we get to Captain Commando, if you played Marvel vs. Capcom 1 and 2. You probably seen Captain Commando in action. The commercial Capcom made for this is nostalgia. You see Captain Commando come out of no where to take kids to the future.

He shows off this compilation with a mess up way of ending the commercial. The fact they got Captain Commando on that commercial scored high with me. This game is very unusual in many ways. Just like Battle Circuit, the playable characters is questionable at best. To clarify none of them sucks.

Ninja Commando is probably my second favorite among all the characters. I never actually thought I would say Baby Commando ended up being the best character. Yes a baby piloting a powered suit that's human size oh okay Capcom. This character has some great moves to help in some boss fights. Mummy Commando reminds me of the dual knives enemies in some of the games.

Most of them has a great pace that shouldn't take too long to fully beat them all. For twenty bucks you get seven truly amazing games. Not only that online coop makes these even better. I highly recommend you play this compilation folks. Final Fight was my least favorite among the seven. I would have to say Battle Circuit ended up being my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete