Thursday, September 13, 2018

I helped with several Fan War episodes

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, a few years ago I started to help in researching several fights for an web show called Fan War. Although it plays on similar stuff like ScrewAttack's Death Battle. This guy prefers to use sprites within Garry's Mod. Over time he was getting better at pulling it off. I am here to talk about my side to a couple Fan War episodes.

Another way his fights are different is a good number of them aren't fights many people would think of. I was very surprised by Rick vs. The Mask fight honestly. Although I already knew who won even before watching it. I am thankfully to take part in something like this. Especially a handful of episodes meant a lot to me.

Special thanks to 1fishmob

1. Red Hulk vs. Solomon Grundy

Keep in mind, I was still new learning about Red Hulk. At this time I knew much more on Solomon Grundy. Yes I took great notes on both characters while researching them both. Red Hulk has some key differences from the regular Hulk most people knows. For starters, instead of becoming more powerful than he's angry.

His overall body temperature increases. Solomon did die after getting thrown in the sun before. Yes we chose to come up with the best possible Solomon Grundy for this fight to make things interesting. He chose right off the bat to make him stronger than Superman. But Red Hulk had a lot of experience in both combat & coming up with strategies his entire life.

Yes Solomon Grundy can regenerate to a degree and survive most things that would kill you. However Red Hulk could take his time to figure a way to take down or eliminating him. Solomon has been defeated by weaker characters before. Yes both of them held their own against stronger characters.

The problem is Solomon Grundy's stats at randomly altered for everytime he revives. For example Solomon could return for a rematch being smarter but likely much weaker. Red Hulk may not be as impressive as Hulk but he still has many feats to back this up. Although Solomon Grundy going by comic book history does have a longer experience overall.

Let's be honest Hulk in time could beat Solomon Grundy by force. He has beaten characters like The Thing & Juggernaut several times. Red Hulk was chosen to simply make this more fair for Solomon Grundy. To clarify Solomon Grundy is a powerful character in his own right. I really couldn't look past several major problems he has.

2. Chaos (Primal Rage) vs. King Kong

Originally this was going to be Blizzard versus King Kong. I took 1fishmob that it wasn't going to be a great fight. Sure Blizzard is similar to Mortal Kombat's Sub-Zero to freeze giant monsters while in one canon King Kong can use electricity. I felt Chaos from the same game would be more entertaining.

Not only he is an evil giant ape but widely known for being disgusting. In fact to this day he has some of the most disgusting finishers I ever seen in any fighting game. Clearly that won't sit well with King Kong. Obviously both of them were worshiped by tribes as gods. Chaos is one of the few ape god characters in his universe.

King Kong usually wins in a fight including Godzilla. True there isn't a lot to go on about Primal Rage characters. There does exist a book sequel that extends little about each character. How often do we get two giant apes fighting against each other? Not very often at all so I was happy to help in researching Chaos.

He pretty much King Kong done before I got involved. I threw out a rough estimated size for Chaos that was almost on the money I'm not kidding. Chaos acts more like what you expect from apes in general. King Kong is more like a protector than anything else. He did inspired Nintendo's Donkey Kong that serves the same purpose.

King Kong has been in many movies over the years even predating Godzilla. I can understand his love of giant monster battles. I do respect King Kong to the point I wasn't upset when Chaos died. To be fair Blizzard would've likely come closer to winning. Honestly there just something about two very different giant apes that will very quickly hate each other.

In canon Chaos didn't like Blizzard although he wasn't the top evil god. Chaos is truly something else in just one fighting game. Yes King Kong has appeared in several video games too. This was a fight I came to really enjoy rewatching. Maybe because I came to like both of them a lot more or the simple fact I helped to make it happen.

3. Ed, Edd & Eddy Battle Royale

I was a kid late in my child hood when I first watched Ed, Edd n Eddy. One of the longest running cartoons on it's channel. Thankfully I was watching a lot of episodes prior to being asked to help. Let's be honest this wasn't as much of a fight. Edd was the smartest but he was most likely to hesitate to doing bad things.

Eddy was the cockiest, smallest and a terrible liar that still tricks people. Both of them didn't have anything against Ed. OMG in one episode Ed lifted an entire house on his own. Now yes this is technically toon force but it was Ed that pulled it off so I have to give it to him. Ed is also physically the strongest & toughest of the three.

Obviously Ed is the dumbest as well but he has proven to be the most unpredictable. Eddy relies on cheap tricks to getting his way. Double D rather try talking through the problem or use some questionable gadgets that are very likely to break. By now you can see where I am going with this Ed was simply too much for both of them.

4. Human Torch vs. Cinder (Killer Instinct)

Keep in mind, Cinder was still new in the newest entry of Killer Instinct. We had to use his classic version for this fight. Oh man it didn't help much against Human Torch. Even in canon, Cinder attempted to defeat Glacius to end up getting killed. Yes this is two polar temperature characters going against each other.

In this fight we are sticking directly to my personal favorite element fire. There isn't a lot to go on with Cinder. There's plenty on Human Torch I believe we used Johnny Storm the second Human Torch for this fight. He has shown to hold his own to a degree. Johnny can create a supernova simply moving around in a closed area or heating up rapidly without breaks.

Of course a supernova we had to look at several things about it for this fight. Obviously it's much more than a giant ball of fire that's worse than the sun. Why because there is the chance Johnny could lose control causing the destruction of all life on the planet or worse blowing up several things in space.

Clearly no one in Killer Instinct universe could withstand a supernova or anything close to one. Human Torch usually flies in his battles while Cinder prefers to stick to the ground. In terms of stats I would say there's close with Human Torch being much faster in the air. Human Torch had a lot more techniques & strategies to rely on in combat than Cinder.

5. Marvel vs. DC

Yes before the pitch forks, death threats & possibly a man made nuke bomb. Let me explain how we went about doing this fight. He selected majority of characters to be present in this fight. I did have a little say regarding a select few but mostly those already in the fight. Marvel vs. DC is possibly one of the biggest rivalries in history.

There's possibility of millions of versus debates centering around their characters against each other. Superman was more than enough for most of them. The deciding factor that eventually gave the win to Marvel was Jean Grey. She is one of the most powerful psychics in comic book history. Now add one of the most powerful cosmic beings in existence possessing her.

Let's just say not even Superman is going to survive that. There is several major versions of Phoenix that are even more god like than the one we used. She can do things you simply couldn't believe. In fact it is possible for Jean to wipe out Superman first in this fight on her own. I should mention both Wolverine & Deadpool has very good regeneration tanking some serious punishment in the past.

This is so far the biggest fight I helped researching as well as give feedback on how I see things playing out. Honestly you thought Superman was broken folks look up the Phoenix especially Jean Grey's version to see what I am talking about. She took on far more powerful beings & won. End of the day DC can take most of the Marvel team but simply couldn't do anything to Jean Grey.

6. Ed vs. Heavy

This was more late research involvement for me. As stated I knew Ed very well but lucky I also knew Heavy. He so happens to be my favorite Team Fortress character. Chances are in either Team Fortress game you might run into me being him gunning some of the enemies down. Let's be honest these two are very similar in their personalities.

Yes Heavy is physically the strongest & toughest of either mercenary army version he's in. The same can be said for Ed making this a rather close fight. Heavy wields a Gatling gun, shotgun and not afraid to punch people in the face. The problem is those punches wouldn't affect Ed much. Ed is more unpredictable out of the two.

As stated before Ed lifted an entire house that's a lot heavier than all of Heavy's standard gear combined. Eventually these two would fight more directly. This is where toon force would make this an easy win for Ed. Even if he didn't have toon force, he could still have some advantages to limit what Heavy could do in the fight.

7. Weiss vs. Glacius

I am aware there's a growing number of people liking both franchises especially RWBY. Honestly I enjoy watching RWBY myself from time to time. I helped him with some information as well as my feedback on who I thought could win this fight. Weiss is a skilled combatant but so is Glacius. Yes we have an ice theme fight.

Glacius has a rather unique body make up that makes him very difficult for Weiss to land any direct blows. Even if she had we haven't seen proof of her breaking blue ice. Therefore she lacks the proper strength to do any fatal blows. Also Glacius can instantly turn into liquid making it more difficult for Weiss to predict.

Also Weiss' weapon could likely run out of cartridges meant to kill the Grimm. Therefore we wouldn't know including lack of info on Glacius how would those affect his body. Yes Weiss is technically faster but Glacius held his own against rather unusual opponents. Basically I could say he is stronger & tougher for that reason.

Glacius even competed in another tournament in the distant past. I don't think Weiss would fair well in the same situation. Another major problem she has is her patience can run out fast. This is exactly how Glacius easily defeated Cinder during the original Killer Instinct game. This is rather a fight between a skilled fighter that can move fast & jump amazing distance.

At the same time forced to be limited in combat against an opponent that can quickly alter his body in many ways. Weiss would need help to stand a chance against Glacius. The sad thing is we know so little what Glacius being truly capable of. Therefore it is likely Weiss might not be able to push Glacius in this fight.

8. Po (Kung Fu Panda) vs. Mulan

The most recent fight I helped in. He already finished researching Po by the time I joined. I tried my best to help him get information he needed on Mulan. I guess he wanted to tie this in to the new live action Mulan movie. Two unlikely fierce warriors that clearly inspired by the Chinese stories. Mulan could've let someone else take on major threats.

She chose to go right in there herself & succeeded. But Po is a gifted material arts possibly a parody of Haru from Beverly Hills Ninja. His master is one of the absolute best there ever was. In the first Kung Fu Panda movie he defeated a former student of his master in combat. This panda has done some truly amazing things you wouldn't believe.

I'm used to seeing the character Panda in Tekken series. This may look like a close fight at first look. Trust me Po is simply too much for her to handle. I believed he tried adding other versions of Mulan to help even this fight out. Sadly it just wasn't enough against this unusual panda. Honestly I am just glad I helped in this since my wife likes both characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment