Saturday, September 22, 2018

Showing my respect for Telltale games by Jack Red

Hi everyone I'm Jack Red, rumors are currently going around Telltale games possibly closing down. This company continued the legacy of point & click games mostly from LucasArts from the 90s. I first got into them like many people did through their first The Walking Dead game. I wasn't expecting much prior but wow I was very surprised how truly great it is.

Today I want to talk about two of my favorite Telltale purchases on different platforms. I have a long history buying from Xbox consoles & a few websites for PC games. I hope you can see how excited I was to get what I'm about to show you. To clarify in my big purchase I still haven't got to check them all out due to many things came up since then.

1. Telltale was doing deals through Steam on February 2nd of this year

1. Bone Complete Bundle (2 games)

One of their first licensed games based on a comic book series Bone. In both Bone games you play as several characters. Each one will affect somethings later in the story. Although the ending will remain the same. Some jokes might go over people's heads but it does have great voice acting. For an early Tellgame series I could recommend them.

2. Telltale Texas Hold'em

Technically the first Telltale game to not be based on any franchises. The voice acting is easily the best part. The AI can be frustrating at times but you should still be having fun playing it. I would say it holds up just enough for Telltale fans should check it out. This game could get boring but thankfully the dialogue keeps you going.

3. Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack (5 episodes)

They got allowed to make a sequel for Monkey Island series. Back in the 90s those were one of the most popular point & click franchises. To be honest I am not familiar with this series. I knew about it for years I still wanted this simply because Telltale made it. Of course if I like it enough I will buy the other games on GOG.

4. Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Season 1 (5 episodes)
Based on an old internet cartoon series. I believe this was one of the very first episodic titles from them. Still one of their strangest games in their library. Most characters from that cartoon series does appear. One of the owners of it did state he likes this game. There was some talk of a sequel but nothing happened.

5. Poker Night at the Inventory

A spiritual successor to Telltale Texas Hold'em. Two guest characters Heavy from Team Fortress series and Tycho from Penny Arcade. Max from Sam & Max series and Strong Bad from his Telltale game are also playing against you. Trust me it pays to keep playing for many reasons. I would say for a poker game it does stand out more than you expect it would.

6. Puzzle Agent

An original point & click game that's not usual for Telltale. Most of the animation is drawn not rendered in 3D like many of their games.

7. The Wolf Among Us (5 episodes)

Based on the comic series of the same name. Many characters are based on several fairy tail characters. Recently Season 2 got canceled due to the lay off. The Wolf Among Us is easily one of their finest games to date.

8. Sam and Max Complete Pack (3 games 16 episodes)

Believe it or not, Telltale's original reason for making games was to try owning Sam & Max: Hit the Road. Sadly they weren't able to although they did get allowed to make three sequel games. This bundle has all three of them. Just one episode of these will make you truly question everything lol. For me this plays on a lot of things I loved growing up from cartoons.

9. Back to the Future The Game (5 episodes)

I am a huge fan of Back to the Future movies. When I found out about this game I was very excited. Yes Michael J. Fox does cameo where you won't expect. Christopher Lloyd does an amazing job voicing several versions of his character. Interesting fact there is another point & click game with Lloyd called Toonstruck.

10. Jurassic Park The Game (4 episodes)

This game took place after the first Jurassic Park movie. Basically this is what Ghostbusters The Video Game was to Ghostbusters 2. Sadly they decided to release all four episodes together rather than separately in majority of their games. I will be honest Jurassic Park on Sega Genesis was much enjoyable.

11. Poker Night 2

Surprise Poker Night got a sequel changing majority of characters you play against. This time you have Brock from The Venture Bros., Ash from Evil, Sam from Sam & Max series and Claptrap from Borderlands series. Max still appears in this game acting more comedic relief than in the previous game.

12. Puzzle Agent 2

I can't say much on this since I don't know much about Puzzle Agent series. All I know for sure is some say this has some strange moments.

2. A few months ago I preordered The Walking Dead The Final Season on Xbox One

1. The Walking Dead Collection for free on Xbox One (4 games 19 episodes)

I already played all of these before on several platforms. I always been a huge fan of these games. I won't say much since I did promise a review on all of them soon.

2. The Walking Dead The Final Season

Without giving too much away a very different overall experience that's mind blowing in it's own right.

Of course there's more Telltale games I want to play in the near future that I don't own. Regardless the fact they got me into a genre that never interested me prior is impressive. I will always remember them for many of their classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment