Tuesday, March 19, 2024

My thoughts on The Crow (2024) trailer

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, I knew about the trouble development of The Crow (2024 movie) for years. It had been in development hell a long time. At one point we almost gotten a movie with Jason Momoa. The actor that played Aquaman in DC Extended Universe movies. I actually got a lot to say about The Crow (2024) trailer.

I'm a huge fan of the concept The Crow centers around. Most these characters suffered horrific ends to life with someone that loved. Enough pain in fact, their spirits can't rest. Crows would bring em back to life to get revenge on the people responsible. It almost comes off like The Punisher style but more justified as well as even the playing field.

Bill Skarsgard that previously played Pennywise in two movies going to play Eric Draven in the upcoming movie. Which is going directly against the one thing I really didn't want em to do. I strongly felt they should've made an entire original story with characters. So many people felt at it's current state, it's leaving a horrible taste on the late Brandon Lee.

The original film is easily one of the absolute finest 90s comic book movies ever made!!! I personally dislike the actual Crow look of the character. People are getting rather tired about Woke stuff. Which already another red flag for the movie. Just going by the trailer itself I say it's way better than The Crow: Wicked Prayer.

Let's be honest it isn't hard to be better than that. Right now it's currently going head to head with The Crow: City of Angels. I highly doubt it would be good enough to take on The Crow: Salvation. Now that was a surprisingly great movie despite it's obstacles. I don't think Skarsgard was a good pick for the film either.

Don't get me wrong he is a good actor. It just one of those roles unless you have the right person casted. Whatever it is doomed to fail, a very true reality for the film itself. I also wished some moments weren't revealed in the trailer. Like how the couple died or how one of his targets gets killed off. I felt removing both of those would've made the trailer slightly better.

Not a big enough change to make me wanna go see the film. I'm just as funny about Edward Furlong being casted in The Crow: Wicked Prayer too. At least, he was a little more fitting of the role. Neither compares to Brandon Lee or Eric Mabius though. Even parts of Vincent Perez's performance in The Crow: City of Angels is somewhat rememberable.

I know a lot of people dislike that film. I kinda liked it despite many things. Still way better than the game so there's that. Not to mention, the new Crow character looks just like The Joker in Suicide Squad movie. I will be brutally honest pathetic!!! I don't think the punk look fits well with the actual concept. It would be difficult to feel sorry for someone like that in comparison to a regular person.

At least Jimmy in The Crow: Wicked Prayer looked more like the character. Even Perez made his Crow look worked surprisingly well. Personally Mabius had my favorite Crow look with Lee having my second favorite. In comparison, the character comes more off like an poser. Kinda like the Jokerz gang not led by The Joker in Batman Beyond show.

Therefore, I already felt quite rip off. Even the 90s Spawn movie was better than this. Especially considering John Leguizamo's performance. He spent a lot of the movie in a suit while laying on his back. What's this film's excuse for anything? Words can't properly describe the insane level of disappointment I felt from the trailer.

I also felt hiding the main antagonist could've helped the trailer as well. Just having that removed could easily led to those interested in the movie. Start throwing out guesses who they think is rememberable? Which is way better than this old man got revealed within the trailer. The actor was previously in 30 Days of Night, likely much better film than this.

There's no question he's also a good actor. It just felt like parts of what they're going for doesn't line up. It's almost like trying to find an jigsaw puzzle but you're missing pieces. You obviously incapable of finishing the puzzle. The Crow itself had a lot to live up to. Even the short lived show that's also based on Eric Draven's story better than this.

Again they easily could've made original versions rather than recycling old ones like this. At one point, The Crow was going to be a woman. A concept partly done in the show to a degree. It's more fully done within the comics. It felt like everyone has their own take on the same concept. This felt more like rushing it out with the worst possible direction imaginable.

I won't be surprise if this bombs in theaters. I'm kinda hoping for it honestly. It doesn't deserve the name on such a film. I'm actually more less sold on the film just going by that trailer. I highly doubt another trailer or two going to change my mind. Sometimes a film is doomed but they just won't let it die. Perfectly describes the film in a nut shell.

The Crow is meant to be dark. You may get some light moments as well. Ultimately, you felt bad for those it happened to. When they come back alive, you root for them to get even with the same people responsible. I can't honestly felt the same way towards this movie. Even Ghostbusters with a female cast was more of it's own thing than this.

To clarify, I'm well aware people hated the gender swapped. Personally it never bothered me much. What actually did get under my skin is the film itself simply a retelling of the original Ghostbusters. Not a great one at that either. It's sad it took this long for another movie in the franchise to happen. I can't even say they took their time with it because the truth is it's the opposite.

I would even say the entire history leading up to the actual film going to be ten times more interesting. All the confirmed major changes alone you quickly see why this is going to fail. They were so desperate to bring the franchise back. They already stopped caring about what they should've done. Which was simply let the film die!!!

Eventually we may gotten another movie in the franchise. But continuing something that's in a notable development hell period usually doesn't end well long term. The Crow deserves way more respect than that. I hate to say it, fan films could better justify many things than Hollywood ones fail at. There's a good Spawn fan film that's widely popular on the internet.

I felt a fan film in the right hands would be virtually thirty times better than this. I have seen some rather impressive fan films over the years. The possibility is quite real indeed. I would rather watch a well made The Crow fan film over this. I'm aware Crow (2022 fan film) exists. The comics went through several comic book companies over the years.

Based on what I heard about them more constant than this. The Crow shouldn't be a one time wonder. I would welcome a female Crow character or a small group of them working together. Both of those way more interesting than what we're actually getting. The Crow is something truly special to the right people.

I can't even say I liked anything about the trailer at all. Sometimes trailers can be much better than the actual film. This is a time I may prefer the trailer due to not being long at all. I'm also sure the other Crow movie trailers are better than this. I just went out of my way to watch em for this blog entry. Even The Crow: Wicked Prayer trailer worked a little better than this kinda pathetic in all honestly.

I have no reason to support such a film. This is as much of The Crow movie than Leprechaun: Origins was a Leprechaun movie. Again that really isn't a Leprechaun movie!!! Sure you have several characters from the comics that previously taken from two other adaptations. Sadly none of the soul that made those stand out in their own right.

The Crow is doomed to sink the franchise once again. I never understood why kept a sinking ship floating much longer than it should. You can't simply do quick fix ups then call it a day. Virtually the movie version of the same concept. They chose to go the easy route that they knew Crow fans really didn't want in the first place.

I actually would have a reason to laugh if The Crow: City of Angels made more money than this. Very likely in the same matter as Perez in that film. This felt like a major missed opportunity. This could've been a surprise hit in so many ways. But instead they chosen to do the controversial safe option. People wondered why Dead Rising 4 failed?

People want something different. For starters, there's so many stuff within the concept alone. They easily could've done if they were more willing to go the distance. Sadly, the only distance I'm seeing is Crow fans not going to see this!!! Honestly I am truthfully deeply disappointed in this. Then again my expectations hearing about this development hell over the years kept things small.

Therefore, I can quickly write it off as no sir I rather watch several other movies over this. It's truly amazing how this movie franchise started so great to fall overtime. The Crow: Salvation being second best in many ways. I am not even sure if the comics still going on or not. I felt those would be way more worth your time than this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment