Monday, March 25, 2024

Covering Fourteen Killer Clown movies

Special thanks to Tubi.

The period I watched all these movies was March 24 and 25, 2024 alone.

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, over a few months. A part of me really wanted to do an killer clown movie marathon. Probably because I'm so hype up for Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game. I figured to throw caution to the wind to allow my curiosity guide me. The amount of killer clown movies did differ a few times.

Ultimately stopping at four killer clown movies. I put a lot of hours worth watching all of them with ads just for fun. I got to be honest I surprisingly had a great time doing such an marathon. Considering more people becoming afraid of clowns is growing. It really shouldn't be a surprise covering this many of them still isn't scratching the surface.

Stuff like zombies and sharks has so many movies it's ridiculous. I felt I was due for writing such a blog entry in a long time. I will be discussing all of them just not doing a full ranking. Which would be a little time consuming as well as full reviews of every single movie. Therefore, I figured a more quick review style would fitting here.

Some guide lines I had while doing my recent killer clown movie marathon on Tubi as they follow down below...

1. Every killer clown movie must be labeled in category wise as horror

2. The titles must have either the word clown or alternation takes of it

Clownado (2019)

Despite the title being similar to Sharknado series. It's more of it's own thing with a small group of clowns using tornadoes to travel around. Maybe this is just me, the boss clown was sorta ripping off Killjoy from Killjoy series. I knew about the film from Facebook for years. All the weirdness helps make it truly stand out among killer clown movies.

The Clown Chainsaw Massacre (2022)

Not only it's a rip off of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's also technically ripping off Halloween series due to taking place on Halloween. The actual killer clown was essentially an altered Leatherface costume. Parts of this movie got reused in a horror anthology movie released the same year.

Clown Doll (2019)

This is heavily a knock off of Chucky series. Both involve dolls possessed by serial killers. The story ends up being somewhat similar to Curse of Chucky. Which came out six years prior, the actual clown doll comes off being a little creepy. They ripped off a particular Chucky kill from Bride of Chucky too that involved an woman getting electrocuted in a bath tub.

Clowntergeist (2017)

Despite the title sorta referencing Poltergeist series. I kinda have to say this is more of a supernatural clown stalking victims with time limits. The actual clown does come off being creepy. This was another movie I knew about from Facebook for years. Honestly, you aren't missing much by not watching this.

Clowns in the Woods (2021)

This has a more tragedy story reminding me of Slaughter High. Both involve the main character got pranked that ended horribly. Which led to the people responsible getting slaughtered. You won't feel sorry for them either. I'm not used to seeing ghost clown movies myself. Parts of it are a little better than expected just not a home run.

Tickles the Clown (2021)

I'm not going to sugar coat this. Easily among the bottom of the barrel I watched recently. This was the only animated movie in this lineup that's not exactly horror. But it got labeled that with science fiction with the later being very presented in comparison. Around 80 to 85% of the movie is two characters talking to each other no joke.

Amityville Clownhouse (2017)

This is playing of the usual Amityville murders concept. But this involves the spirit of a killer clown with a monkey toy. This movie has some terrible pacing it's difficult to describe. Very ballsy to kill an family off early in a movie like that!!! This is also among the bottom of the barrel. It's more of a possession movie that quickly over stays it's welcome.

Clownery (2020)

Despite it's rating on IMDB's website I say it's roughly actually 5.0 movie. This involved a tragedy that occurred during a little girl's birthday party. I think at a point you start noticing the ending before it actually happens. It kinda reminds me of Secret Window with Johnny Depp but not nearly as interesting or well made.

Gags the Clown (2018)

This was actually inspired by several clown sightings in real life. It also sorta rips some things from Pennywise. Such as instead of having a lot of red balloons, their black balloons. This movie tried to follow multiple points of view that ends abruptly. Don't expect a lot of deaths when watching this. This is more heavily found footage style movie, not something I'm a huge fan of.

House of Clowns (2022)

This is similar to a much better horror movie that also had clowns called The Funhouse Massacre. Where a small group of people gets to explore an haunted house. Unknown to them is a lot of people trying to kill em lurks inside. You won't like the ending it leaves a mixed taste in your mouth.

Clown Nightmare (2019)

This heavily felt like a home made horror movie. Some rather cheesy special effects with no decent actors among em. I'm fine with movies not having a decent cast for B movies. It just doesn't quite work with what they were going for. Even the story itself doesn't make sense. I'm not trying to say this got rushed but sure looks like it.

Beware of the Klowns (2015)

Somehow they made being a clown come off being racist. The sheriff made a new law against clowns. It's as silly as some of the laws Burgermeister Meisterburger in Santa Claus Is Coming' to Town special. This movie surprisingly works way better than expected. One weird positive is it's a better movie than The Mean One with a similar plot.

Clown Kill (2014)

A woman gets stalked at work by a psychotic clown. Honestly cutting a little more than half the movie. Easily would've made this somewhat better than it actually is. This movie is strangely boring for a little too long. By the time, people start getting murdered you likely already stopped watching it.

Clown Fear (2020)

A small group of women came to Clown City. There's a lot of horror movies where almost everyone you see is in on the horrific acts. A lot of the clowns looks more interesting. Some brutal kill scenes especially late into it. Also a rather unexpected ending as well. Honestly, it's difficult to say check it out or don't watch it.

I will confirm my two favorites as well as my two least favorites in this lineup. I hope this isn't too much clowning around haha. I will start with my least favorites since I already gave both of them away. Easily two of the absolute worst horror movies I ever seen. Surprisingly not quite Attack of the Killer Donuts bad though.

Amityville Clownhouse is a terrible take on the concept. Now I actually recommend checking out Amityville Dollhouse it's way better than this!!! Virtually doesn't do enough to differ itself from the usual Amityville horror movies. When the monkey toy started showing up I actually got confused. In nearly every possible way it's so bad!!!

Tickles the Clown is surprisingly even worst than Amityville Clownhouse. This felt more like an animated video while someone reading an audio book level quality. The CGI animation was dinosaur being not much better than the 90s CGI shows like ReBoot. Characters can't seem to stop their movements especially Tickles that constantly moving almost like he's ready to attack.

Kicking off my favorites with the lineup itself not being that solid to begin with. Clownado was vastly different from what I expected. They don't hold back on the gore despite how ugly the actual gore looks. It kinda had the most interesting stuff going on within the story out of all the movies. Clownado is borderline recommend if you want more killer clown movies.

Hands down the one killer clown movie I actually would watch again. Gags the Clown being a lost footage killer clown movie, it still had some positives. The story is kinda mixed with some interesting moments on the way. We had a famous streamer attempting to go after the clown. Not only that, each major points of view brought something different to the table to spice things up

I figured to throw out other killer clown movies I highly recommend checking out. Way more worth doing a killer clown marathon out of these movies instead. A lot of them actually on Tubi making that a great way to get into those great killer clown movies. Keep in mind, this is my opinion alone.

1. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)

This always been my favorite killer clown movie to date. This movie is so unique even with a low budget that ended up being very great. It's a fun time especially when you really need something different horror wise, go watch this!!!

2. IT series

Yes I'm going to include the 90s mini series despite Part 2 got rushed out. Come on all of these are must watch for killer clown fans out there.

3. Stitches (2012 film)

This is one of those must watch killer clown movies. The world actually needs more comedy horror films like this.

4. Clown (2014 film)

Here's a possession movie I actually enjoyed. I usually don't enjoy em very much. Clown was such an unexpected concept that works insanely well.

5. Clownhouse (1989)

Despite the controversial what the director done during production. I still enjoy the movie itself for what it is.

6. The Funhouse Massacre

I highly recommend such a blood fest of a great time. This movie really doesn't hold back at all. It's like the greatest roller coast ride with screaming so loud a few cities could hear you.

7. Terrifier series

Terrifier series is very nightmare fuel stuff. Art is still among the creepiest slasher villains I have ever seen!!!

8. Slaughter High

A spiritual successor to Friday the 13th series that I surprisingly like more than the best of them. This movie kinda goes under the radar for a lot of people, it's quite a great movie indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment