Saturday, March 9, 2024

My thoughts on Crazygamingdayz' recent subathon

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, suddenly I went from one streamer's subathon on Twitch right into another streamer's subathon. On and off, I would watch Crazygamingdayz live. Without question, one of the most interesting Resident Evil streamers on the website hands down. I figured to cover his recent subathon that turned out to be even crazier than Bawkbasoup's Resident Evil Franchise Marathon.

Most of the game lineup is Capcom especially Resident Evil series. A few mods got played like both Kendo Cut mods yes again. Four Resident Evil randomizer mods as well. One of them actually got played twice with both runs being vastly different from each other. This is also why RE1 OG Randomizer shows up twice in the actual lineup.

I do apologize I don't have the actual lineup available to show off here. I also didn't want to trouble any of his moderators trying to get as close as a completed lineup as possible. I guess in this particular case you gotta stick to what I reveal about it. Which also kinda makes reading this more interesting than actually having that lineup.

Excluding every Sunday while this subathon was going on. He streamed for twenty nine games for two hundred thirty two hours. On several accounts more impressive than Bawkbasoup's. Sure the other streamer made sure every run was done within a day very constantly. Just like Bawkbasoup he worked well with his community delivering a truly solid fun time worth every hour of it.

I know that's kinda difficult to imagine. He is a very kind person answering questions as well as constantly letting people know what's going on. He's widely known for playing games including speedruns with controllers you may not expect. Which he plays very strongly towards during the entire subathon. At one point he plays with an Switch's unique controller pads to play two classic RE games.

There's more to that particular challenge. He only allowed one hand per RE game. Even if he finishes one of them early, he isn't allowed to use both hands to finish the other RE game. In all honestly, this was something I really didn't expect to see live. I even held off playing more Fallout: New Vegas to witness this myself.

There also was a major surprise no one including him saw coming. Both these RE speedruns ended up being no deaths at all. There were a few times he nearly died between the two games. It's tricky to play a game with one hand unless you got the right controller setup for it. But to do that with both hands playing a different Resident Evil game at the same time much harder.

He had to constantly swap focus between the two games. Which is also why he got attacked a lot during this. I would even dare to say the most interesting RE section of the entire lineup. Sure he speedran both these games a lot in the past. But the concept of doing both of them at once is pretty insane. He quickly shown why he's a great RE player in this one section alone.

I highly respected him for majority of his subathon. He really shows off his creative methods of playing games in ways that's surprisingly refreshing. He played Ride to Hell: Retribution with an RE4 chainsaw controller for crying out loud lol. He had to swap out versions of RE4. Originally he planned to play the Wii version but later played the later PC version instead.

A little quick piece of RE4's PC history not a lot of people knows. Excluding RE4 Remake, there's two different PC versions of RE4. The original PC version was by Ubisoft having even worst graphics than the famous PS2 version. The later PC version was meant to be the more "high definition" version. But it's a slightly improved graphics version that's also on Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively.

Now I didn't criticize this change in plans. He had another version of the same game available. Just in case, the original version he's suppose to play doesn't work out for some reason. RE4 is the only real time this happened during the subathon. He even had to push the game down a little bit in the actual lineup.

Eventually he went with his backup plan to make it work. He does take his time making sure each game plays with a different controller setup. Just watching him play with such an style is something you just can't recreate. He clearly has a gift with technology as well as having more patience than most. I do prefer wireless controllers over wired ones.

If you grew up in the 90s you perfectly understand why. A major part of gaming in general is how controllers works for each game. This alone adds layers to the overall experience. Either being into the bad direction or a great one depending on several factors. Usually controls is always among either topic.

A little spoiler of my game review. There's a few games not by made in the lineup as well. Two Silent Hill games, The Evil Within 2 and Ride to Hell: Retribution. Before we talked about one of two elephants in the room. Early on he would do polls on his chat for Twitch to decide games. At a point he put a long list of games into a program.

Where it randomly selects what he's going to play live during the subathon. This turned out to be a huge factor why this subathon was so much fun to watch. Unlike Bawkbasoup, most of it isn't recorded. Although he did stated that impressive RE challenge playing two of them getting a video soon. There's a few things I really wanna make crystal clear about this subathon.

I'll start with my most negative beyond this it's very positive. He briefly had MediEvil PS1 version into the subathon. No he didn't chicken out due to difficulty. He played around half the game before making the decision to remove it from the lineup the next day. I will be very honest, this decision didn't set well with me.

In his defense, he was playing it through an emulator. The game does play notably faster than on actual hardware. He was getting notably motive sickness just by playing it. He clearly had some fun playing it. I realized a few days later I shouldn't held this against him. I didn't tune in much for parts of this subathon over it.

At least I'm finally coming out saying how I felt about it. I actually wanna publicly apologize to Crazygamingdayz, the last thing I ever wanted was you getting sick in some form live. I think end of the day you made the right call. I know this might not mean much right now. I eventually came back to continue supporting your subathon.

A few sections he does a few runs. Such as TMNT: Shredder's Revenge or more RE speedruns being two runs each. I'm even happier for a few game runs I didn't even expect to see. RE0 Wesker Mode as well as two The House of the Dead games respectively. Easily, some of the happiest moments in the entire subathon for me.

He doesn't fully play RE6 thank you chat for not making him fully play the game. There's a lot of Resident Evil games in this subathon. He is also widely known as an RE streamer. His name actually got added into BioRand mod. Obviously this man a huge deal to the RE community. Now I was trying to avoid discussing the other elephant in the room.

He had to fully play Ride to Hell: Retribution live. This took a few hours but to him felt like an eternity. This is worth noting because it's on a long list of famous bad games. Often regarded as one of the absolute worst games in existence. It was virtually mind blowing he ended up playing it last night. What a way to end an subathon right?

One of his moderators got him to do this jump challenge in a more recent version of Super Mario RPG. He later finishes up Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth run. Which he technically started off stream. But a lot of people chat were talking about the game. He figured to do what's left of it live. Personally I was more into Final Fantasy VI myself.

I was even happy to see Knights of the Round get played. He later stated in a future stream. He will be playing mostly beat em up games, I'm looking forward to that. He also played Streets of Rage 4 as well as previously mentioned TMNT: Shredder's Revenge. This might surprise a few people. Beat em ups is one of my favorite genres for Arcade games.

Not only you get a few characters to choose from. You might get to play with other people. You can have a ridiculous amount of continues. Therefore even if you aren't good at the game. Either having enough money or playing one of many compilation games like Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle. You can continue as much as needed to finish the games.

It's also critical I mention this started as his anniversary to being an Twitch partner. He's been one for a couple years now. This was something that meant the world to him. I do recall he was waiting for an email that confirmed he's got it. He was so nervous about it at the time. You can really tell he truly loves his job.

Who wouldn't wanna play games while other people watch as well as interact with you all day? I personally would love that way too much. But my marriage is too important. I rather stay with my wife never getting that than getting it to end up losing her. I know a lot of Twitch partners are married too. My wife is a gamer as well to clarify.

The actual lineup itself from start to finish truly solid. This felt like the most epic showdown ever!!! He's gonna play em all live. This would've been something if someone had enough of the footage with permission from him to release it publicly. As long as they don't suddenly stolen his footage in the process.

I meant in terms of claiming they not Crazy done all of this. Which YouTube in particular really dislikes stuff like this. I previously got a video taken down mostly used fan art by many people. This is a rather serious topic to discuss here. Despite not much getting actually pulled from the subathon. Like the one YouTube streaming period or the previously mentioned two RE speedruns at the same time video.

I do wish Crazygamingdayz luck for the future. He really deserves much needed praise for his performances. He is surprisingly skilled at what he does. Easily, one of my top picks for Resident Evil streams. Even just lurking you get to hear what he says especially to the unexpected stuff. You know your streams going to be a lot of fun when just listening to it ends up being nearly as fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment