Monday, December 5, 2022

Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, not too long ago likely a couple months back. I reviewed Serious Sam 4 thanks to Game Pass on Xbox. Well I'm back with it's stand alone expansion, Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem. Honestly, it's a very positive review because I wanted another great Serious Sam game. I strongly felt this was amazing stuff.

Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem
Originally a mod in development. At some point, Croteam got involved with the team. This ended up becoming an expansion to Serious Sam 4. It's not often you pay expansions actually better than the game they were created for. This belongs in the same league as Half Life: Opposing Force. I am not kidding, this really made up for the lackluster experience Serious Sam 4 left.

You also could say this is one of the very best spin off Serious Sam games ever made. To me, most of those felt more like their own thing rather than actual Serious Sam games. Not trying to piss anyone off, that's just how I always felt about them. This is five levels long but these are well designed lengthy action packed levels.

In fact, I kinda wish there was more levels because that's how much fun I was having. I really didn't want it to end, you know you're playing a great Serious Sam game when you feel that way. The newer characters works well enough as well. This felt like a great ratio of old with new here. Yes there's thousands of enemies especially in the last level alone.

They brought back leveling up with abilities system. I am not going to lie this really blew the original game away hard. You get some awesome vehicles that are they're own unique experience. In Serious Sam 4, you mostly gotta hope you don't die. But here I actually can do more than just run away from the enemies.

I am impressed with the team's work. Not only they understood the franchise but even nailed it better than Croteam too. This belongs up there with the best of the franchise, it really is that damn good. I don't even have much negatives to say either. I hope this team gets to return to the franchise making another Serious Sam game.

Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem is taking place in Russia, a nice change of things. You also get an rail gun, it's so satisfying to use. You could be surrounded badly with enemies then this thing quickly destroys them at a fast rate, it's mind blowing. I also felt Serious Sam does get some good lines as well. He seem a bit tired with them in Serious Sam 4.

You get to work fighting waves of enemies often. A great selection of weapons makes killing them all so addicting. There's a few boss fights as well. Amazingly my computer can run this game just fine. I bought it on GOG with Postal 4, it's way better than that game. Honestly, you aren't living if you haven't got to play Serious Sam games like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment