Sunday, December 4, 2022

Blade: The Iron Cross review (2020) Improved

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, A few years ago I reviewed Blade: The Iron Cross. I felt I grown a lot as a reviewer, I should review the film again. I'm a huge Puppet Master fan, I do felt some level of perfectionist in me over this. I watched the same movie I haven't seen in a while just for this particular revisited review.

Blade: The Iron Cross (2020)

Full Moon Features at the time was doing The Deadly Ten. They were making 10 movies around the same time. Which is ambitious since all films were funded by their fans. You would be surprise how many people enjoy movies like these. Don't worry the full line up for The Deadly Ten will be presented down below...

1. Blade: The Iron Cross (2020)

2. Bride of the Head of the Family

3. Halloweed Night

4. Necropolis: Legion (2020)

5. The Shadowheart Curse

6. Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama 2 (2022)

7. Femalien: Cosmic Crush (2020)

8. The Grim Rapper

9. The Hourglass

10. Blood Rise: Subspecies V

Blade: The Iron Cross is a sequel to Puppet Master: Axis Termination. This is the first spin off Puppet Master movie. More recently, they made a second one called Doktor Death. Which I felt was notably better in comparison. I am a bit mixed on Blade's appearance. In terms of the outfit, they nailed it. However I can't look pass how off his head looks.

I might as well get it all out. His head seems a little too big as well as bulky. He doesn't appear to have enough white heard either. The rough chin look doesn't work on Blade either. I felt that worked for Six Shooter because he's a cowboy with six arms. At least his neck isn't too long either. Sadly I would take this over the "improved" Blade design in Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys without question.

Considering he's my favorite Puppet Master character. of course that's a huge issue. Another big problem is we already made three movies focus on stopping the Nazis, why did we need another one? In that regard, this was the worst of those. Especially how Puppet Master: Axis Termination ended things with the Nazis, I thought they had other possible directions.

They easily could've went in rather than "Hell we been putting them against the Nazis, let's keep doing that!" Maybe the fans wanted Blade to get a more fair chance with a brand new story like Doktor Death film. Sadly we're here talking about the Nazis. Honestly, in placement alone along with Puppet Master: The Legacy both felt simply not needed or even wanted by the fans at all.

I also felt because the other puppets aren't present, this movie notably falls flat on the ground. I do welcome the concept of making spin off movies with these characters. You can clearly rush they rushed this one out. Sadly if it had extra time, it still would end up as a failure. I'm not saying this is the worst Puppet Master movie because it's not.

It is better than some of those without question. Way better than Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys which isn't unofficial to begin with. More recently Full Moon Features is pulling themselves together. Blade: The Iron Cross also failed to bring back the syringe Blade swap out for too. Of course, Blade gets some brutal death scenes.

Honestly, Puppet Master franchise is the only killer toys franchise I can name with more movies than Chucky. The new puppet master is a journalist who gets involved against the Nazis. It's not often when a woman gets that role in the franchise. Personally, I wish to see more of them do so because that in itself would bring out some rather interesting possibilities.

She had these dreams that's connected to Blade. Eventually, Blade hunting more Nazis down before you know it. Not to mention, the movie does drag on more than you're used to. Many Full Moon movies around that period. I felt if the movie was notably shorter with a good amount of the story gone. Then made it notably Blade killing everyone for an hour or less.

Then we would had a hit here. Sadly this isn't the case folks. Blade: The Iron Cross felt somewhat out of place. Also not having the previous puppet master from Axis Termination is a huge problem too. I know to some degree they explained why he left. But he was one of the best puppet masters ever. Either him or Toulon everyone else didn't even come close to those two.

Blade has a psychic connection to the puppet master, a concept directly pulled from Axis Termination. Don't plan on fully spoiling the movie. What I do plan on is revealing how wrong to think at the time back in 2020 it were somewhat decent when it wasn't at all. I can't even say one good thing about it. The film even failed at making Blade look good, you know you're in some trouble.

Even the main Nazis we see in the actual movie aren't even doing the Nazis correctly either. Considering this is following time line wise three events against the Nazis wow guys. I strongly felt this was a massive missed opportunity. An Nazi scientist found a method to directly control corpses like toy remote vehicles.

I got to mention the weirdest kill by far. Blade got destroyed by the scientist. All of a sudden, he reappeared inside him. Quickly ripped through his insides then as soon as his hat went back on, all the blood he had disappeared. Death is a weird topic with these puppets in the first place. At least, it was a bloody end for someone evil.

Which isn't that difference from Axis Rising plot where some people got their souls forced into Nazi puppet characters. Even there, one of them is incredibly offensive. This movie just felt more like lost scenes of those movies then edited together to sell it as a movie. Therefore, you already felt cheated. Honestly, I can not recommend watching this even if you are an Puppet Master fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment