Sunday, December 18, 2022

Die Hard But It's a Christmas Movie review

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, obviously most people knows the action film classic Die Hard. There's still a debate among people. Is Die Hard a Christmas movie regardless which side you stay on. A group of people fully decided to go with that as a joke. What if Die Hard was more of a Christmas movie? Parody wise I think they nailed it lol.

Die Hard But It's a Christmas Movie
This is a video project Tony and his friends finished just in time for Christmas recently. They replaced a lot of characters with familiar Christmas ones. All the terrorists you instantly know them. Some lesser known characters, you know em too. Only John & his wife Holly remains. The plot is virtually the same as the movie.

There's plenty of Christmas classics reference through out this parody video. You can tell everyone involved had a lot of fun making this. Partly it's hurt by Violent Night because that's going even further with Die Hard being a Christmas movie. The major difference is John got replaced by Santa Claus. It's also partly hurt by The Mean One in a few ways.

Despite that, I felt they somehow pulled this off. The jokes do land for the most part even the cheesy ones. I loved how every characters was used too. They reference some of the most rememberable scenes from Die Hard. At the same time, the humor notably increased worked to it's favor. Very much like UnMetal, an indie parody game heavily inspired by MSX Metal Gear games.

Honestly, this was done very well despite the video length being shorter than expected. It actually was so good I wish the video lasted a little longer. Well here's a more Christmas Die Hard for the holidays lol. I laughed after I realized the FBI agents were the Miser Brothers. It was pure genius to have the Grinch kill Scrooge off like that.

I'm not hiding it, Hans was replaced by the very best possible Christmas villain imaginable for this. Of course I speak of The Grinch!!! I mean who else would've been the perfect pick here? I loved they went for the Home Alone jokes, the first two movies were a notable part of my child hood. I even laughed the joke of cutting away from the video with Tony explaining what almost happened.

This was a joke that might be seen as cheap. Personally I saw it as a great opportunity, Tony went for it. Not only that, they nailed the spirits of the film very well. Can I be honest here? Despite Die Hard commercial with Bruce Willis before he retired from acting? This was the best thing with Die Hard's name on it I seen in a long time.

Yeah don't watch Live Free or Die Hard or A Good Day to Die Hard, those sucks. You gotta watch this, trust me it's a fun time. You likely are going to laugh even at jokes you won't expect to laugh at. I would even say I subscribed to Tony's YouTube channel because I loved this video that much. Yeah it's so well thought out as well as edited.

I can't even criticize it other than I simply wanted more of it. It was very entertaining for it's run time. Not only that, it was a clever play on that debate too. Well now we could call Die Hard a Christmas movie after all. Regardless, I recommend people who love stuff like this go check it out. It's way better than most recent parody movies for that matter, plus it's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment