Friday, December 2, 2022

My reaction to The Mean One trailer

Hello everyone I'm XboxClown89, last month I talked about the announcement of The Mean One movie. Well now I'm going to talk about my thoughts on the actual trailer. It came out during a short period I got sick, I don't get sick often. If I wasn't sold on it already, I'm more so now. I really hope this gets release December 9th for movie theaters as well as on the 15th for unconfirmed streaming platform.

The Mean One trailer thoughts
The very beginning of the trailer giving us an narrator works well here. Especially when the twist comes up, Sue You Know Who loss her mother to The Mean One. We get a time skip of 20 years later, honestly I'm very happy with that. I don't think they would okay doing this with harming even killing children. The actual procession of the trailer looks well enough to get the job done.

The Mean One looks great still acting a more murderous parody of Jim Carrey's take on the character. My favorite part in the trailer actually the old man explaining the character. Of course, they had to do the famous crazy old man tread in classic horror movies here. I loved they decided to do a shotgun with an candy cane design.

I even liked the baseball bat with Christmas lights. It's no secret, there's a lot of horror movies centered on Christmas including those not even released in the month of December. This seems to have a good mix of humor & horror. A major reason why I always enjoyed stuff like Leprechaun series. I knew people had to do reaction videos on it, I already watched a couple of those myself.

If the movie does well, the guy playing The Mean One was in two of the best horror movies this year. Just imagine, it took a long time before Krampus got horror movies. Keep in mind, it isn't an authorized movie based on the same story. I also could say the same about another horror classic Nosferatu. Which itself came out all the way back in 1922, a couple years before Universal's first Dracula movie.

Yes that led to a lawsuit but somehow the film survived for a little over an century. Characters like Arthur as in the children book series who had a long ran cartoon show, Bambi and Winnie the Pooh. You know characters of your child hoods suddenly became nightmare fuel in their own horror films. Just to prove a point here, I will be very surprised if they actually do this.

I actually wanna see someone create a horror film out of The Muppets. Hell it already happened with The Banana Splits, an 70s show. I would pay for Kermit to turn Miss Piggy into a disgusting bomb yeah!!! I never said that's going to be pretty either. It seems like now they got more freedom to do whatever they want.

A huge reason I am very happy someone had the guts to do The Mean One. It makes perfect with not many changes necessary for the character. I respect they are going to make this a horror parody movie. It's hard to watch something that's difficult to take seriously that isn't even telling you hey it's a joke. The Mean One makes it crystal clear.

I also liked we don't get to see much of the locations during the trailer. Sometimes they show too much of those in trailers, it takes away as you're watching the movie. A lot of people can also agree some trailers are way better than the movies they're created for. I don't think that would be the situation here. Here's a trailer saying have a good time with the madness, bring your friends & family along.

A week left, we don't know if a second trailer might come out or not. Personally, I'm already happy with the trailer we gotten. It isn't as enjoyable to keep rewatching as the first trailer of Violent Night but parts of the second trailer is better than this one. I also plan to watch that movie soon. I felt The Mean One is already getting people interested in wanting to check it out.

It isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea but it should left some form of an impression good or bad. It obviously not going to be meh I don't think that's possible here. Either you love it or siding with the community trying to prevent The Mean One from releasing altogether. Regardless, Happy Holidays can we all just get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment